Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64

Thread: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    9,060
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    18945

    Default Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-i-status.html

    Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...

  2. Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-i-status.html

    Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...
    Would be a rather large jump for us. I think they would go the route of FCS if they do.

    Honestly, I would rather us just keep building and stay a conference and playoffs contender in d2 than move up and get our heads pounded in. It’s a competitive market at the d1 level recruiting in Texas and even harder when you are a bottom feeder.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Hmmmmm. Dixie State, Tarleton and Augustana. That’s a large footprint for traveling. UTRGV would give you 4 teams. Still need 2 more for automatic playoff bid.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-i-status.html

    Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...
    It would be FCS

  5. #5

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat View Post
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-i-status.html

    Some of this is starting to make some sense. Many more moving parts to put into place...
    Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexan61 View Post
    Would be a rather large jump for us. I think they would go the route of FCS if they do.

    Honestly, I would rather us just keep building and stay a conference and playoffs contender in d2 than move up and get our heads pounded in. It’s a competitive market at the d1 level recruiting in Texas and even harder when you are a bottom feeder.

    If they joined Dixie St. it would be FCS

  6. #6

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Tarleton will go FCS... Southland Conference

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,426
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    Tarleton will go FCS... Southland Conference
    The Southland isn’t looking to expand. If you are content to stay D2 until the Southland is ready to take on another D2 move up, it’s a logical fit but will require patiently waiting it out....
    Last edited by catatonic; 10-31-2018 at 08:48 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    The Southland isn’t looking to expand. If you are content to stay D2 until the Southland is ready to take on another D2 move ups, it’s a logical fit but will require patiently waiting it out....
    We have been patient since the first inquiry of 2004... I believe we can wait.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,426
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by wisdomgymrat View Post
    We have been patient since the first inquiry of 2004... I believe we can wait.
    Cool. ACU does not have a rival game with any of present members of the SLC. Playing a former LSC school like TSU every year would be great for us.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Spring, TX
    Posts
    6,110
    Rep Power
    530027

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    Cool. ACU does not have a rival game with any of present members of the SLC. Playing a former LSC school like TSU every year would be great for us.
    I'm surprised it's not UIW since they were in the LSC for a couple of years before they moved up. Also, Catholics vs C of C spells out all sorts of rivalry.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,426
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    I'm surprised it's not UIW since they were in the LSC for a couple of years before they moved up. Also, Catholics vs C of C spells out all sorts of rivalry.
    We aren’t feeling it.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    We aren’t feeling it.
    "Catholics vs C of C spells out all sorts of rivalry."

    Too many instruments... you know they love a Capella....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hd3TtA-suo

  13. #13

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    May as well wait for the Southland to expand and rekindle the ACU rivalry.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,426
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    May as well wait for the Southland to expand and rekindle the ACU rivalry.
    Exactly

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,230
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    We aren’t feeling it.
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????

  16. #16

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????
    I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    I guess you could ask Sam Houston, or McNeese, or SLU, or SFA the same thing.
    How good could UIW really be *checks standings* WHAT EVEN!? Kudos to Incarnate Word.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Abilene
    Posts
    19,426
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    LMAO. Of course not....they beat ya 44-34 this year. HAHAHA HOW do you lose to UIW????????
    Apparently you have not been keeping up with the Southland Conference this year. Nothing is predictable.

    UIW has a freshman QB that’s a perfect fit for the Mike Leach style offense their new coach has installed.
    Last edited by catatonic; 11-05-2018 at 08:07 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd stall on the left
    Posts
    4,077
    Rep Power
    63817

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    If West Texas is ever returning to D1, the WAC is the ticket.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Could Tarleton Be Joining Dixie?

    If this did happen I wonder if Big Sky teams like Southern Utah, Northern Arizona, Northern Colorado and Weber State would move too the WAC?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •