Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Dixie State considering a move to D1

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Dixie State considering a move to D1

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    1, DO NOT REPLACE THEM! 10 is perfect. 2, replace them with who? Only real options that doesn't involve ridiculous travel would be luring former members UNK or Fort Hayes back from MIAA. I definitely don't see Fort Hayes wanting that and doubtful about Kearney.
    I think 10 is perfect in an ideal world. Unfortunately, the number of conferences with 0 OOC weeks available is pretty high so finding 2 games for all 10 RMAC teams could be challenging.

I live in StG where the average age is approachin' triple digits. FCS independent? I figure it'll be a novelty for awhile then, once the losses start pilin' up, the few who rallied around the idea will reconsider and stay home.

DSU fired a coach and staff, for a reason we'll never know, who were takin' the program in a positive direction, and hired a JC coach to take them to FCS D-I. I don't understand the reasonin'.

Ridiculous decision all the way around. 'nuff said.
    Last edited by Clean Liver; 01-11-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    There's delusion and then there's reality. Never the two shall entwine. "If you want your doctor, you can keep your doctor." How's that working for you?

Dixie was a JC not too long ago. They may join some of their former Arizona JC opponents whose football programs have recently vanished like pixie dust, or should I say Dixie dust, into the wind.

By the way, Dixie is not a long-time member of the RMAC. Dixie joined the RMAC a couple years ago. Bottom line, the RMAC doesn't "need them around anyhow"; stealing a phrase from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Many of us believe it's good that Dixie is going bye bye. They did not make the conference better; only added another long bus ride every other year. But thank goodness to their dumb move, RMAC teams will once again get to play another out-of-conference game each year; like it used to be before Dixie sniffed the RMAC. And that's a good thing!

Bottom line. Moving to the WAC, a conference that doesn't play football, is a dumb move. Congrats for what? Just sayin' ...
    Still not sure what purpose this serves. Anyone can call this a dumb move on January 11, 2019... AND they can be correct until proven otherwise. That's squishy.

A lot of positive outcomes for the school are not only possible... many are probable. And yet it's still a risk and a sacrifice. That's to be commended.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    I think 10 is perfect in an ideal world. Unfortunately, the number of conferences with 0 OOC weeks available is pretty high so finding 2 games for all 10 RMAC teams could be challenging.
    The GNAC says hello

Four teams, two games each, that gets you 40% of your OOC games. The LSC should be able to fill in many of the remaining twelve.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

RedditCFB

Verified account

@RedditCFB
    17h17 hours ago
    More
    Dixie State will play an FCS independent schedule beginning with the 2020-21 season, the program plays out of Trailblazer Stadium (prev. Hanson Stadium) in St. George, UT:

Why is this being butthurt? It's simply fact. I don't think anyone in the conference really cares, this impacts nothing. Some are just stating the obvious.
    The "obvious" "fact" of the being such a "bad move". Lol. Yeah, okay. They're in such a great situation currently.

Quote Originally Posted by UNALions View Post
    The "obvious" "fact" of the being such a "bad move". Lol. Yeah, okay. They're in such a great situation currently.
    They could've been had they chosen to build on the success of this year with some key young guys that obviously loved playing for their coach. No one here is butt hurt about Dixie leaving, most just think it's stupid. Some others that know the program much better than yourself agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    The GNAC says hello

Four teams, two games each, that gets you 40% of your OOC games. The LSC should be able to fill in many of the remaining twelve.
    I figured the GNAC and LSC would be in talks about OOC games already so wasn't sure how that would impact the RMAC trying to fill those 20 open dates.

The "obvious" facts. Dixie sucked in both the GNAC and RMAC conferences. They hired a good coach who took steps to un-suck the program. After a modicum of success, they fired that coach. That sucks. They hired a JC coach to move up to the WAC, a non-football conference? That doesn't necessarily suck. That's just stupid. Maybe no FCS-level coach wanted to get involved in a goat-rope that is surely going to ... you know ... suck.

According to the gospel of UNALions, Dixie sucked at the DII level. And now they're moving to the FCS where they will suck even more. But hey, if you're going to suck, might as well suck on a grand scale. Can't argue with that logic.

They switched to RMAC to verify their level of suckage. Once it was confirmed they figured they could suck in D1 just as well so. . . . . . Why not? Just another sign of the Orwellian age we live in. Good riddance, and don't let the door spank you on the way out.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

They went 18-12 in their three years in the RMAC. That's far from suckage.

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Not at all. Mediocrity sucks.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    They just spent a boatload of money to upgrade the football stadium, added seating on the visitor side, visitor locker rooms, restrooms and concession stand. Very nice. They're in the process of building a first-rate press box. And going to a conference where they don't play football. Not a bad move. Not a bad move at all ...
    I can't believe there are Division II football stadiums without visitor locker rooms. The stadiums in the PSAC aren't anything to brag about, but (at least the ones I played at), have locker rooms for the visiting teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    I can't believe there are Division II football stadiums without visitor locker rooms. The stadiums in the PSAC aren't anything to brag about, but (at least the ones I played at), have locker rooms for the visiting teams.
    Could be like one team in the conference and have the locker room be a quarter mile away too. Genius.

Could be like one team in the conference and have the locker room be a quarter mile away too. Genius.
    Trolling hard these days. Sorry about the WAC invite getting lost in the mail. Not like it's hurt Pueblo to hike up the hill.

Trolling hard these days. Sorry about the WAC invite getting lost in the mail. Not like it's hurt Pueblo to hike up the hill.
    WAC invite lol, no school in the RMAC is near ready for that to be a good move. Sorry that your locker rooms are in an idiotic location, I'm sure if it were at another school you'd agree.

Pueblo decided against the cost to run plumbing to their new weight room so there are no restrooms or water fountains in it. Also genius.

Interesting that the "success" came as they switched from the GNAC to the RMAC.

Perhaps suckage is a relative term ... to some folks anyway. Not to others. By definition, losing even one game sucks. When a team gets used to losing, losing becomes part of the culture and losers don't consider it suckage. Losers might even delare, "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The loser's motto. Winning programs would agree that going 18 and 12 constitutes major suckage, not a record they expect of their teams. Sure, you can put sugar on a turd, but why waste the sugar. You can also put sugar on suckage. That's a waste of sugar too. Suckage is still suckage. Now then, in my unlearned opinion, losing 12 games sucks. Methinks Dixie sucks. Make no mistake, Dixie will take their suckage to higher level. I hope the Big Sky gives them pretend-affiliate-status and allows them to replace North Dakota. By doing so, Northern Colorado won't be the bottom dweller in that conference anymore. Sure, UNC will continue to suck, but it prolly won't suck as much as Dixie. Image Western State making the move to the WAC like Dixie. No, let's not imagine that ...

Interesting that the "success" came as they switched from the GNAC to the RMAC.
    You use the term SUCKcess loosely ...

WAC invite lol, no school in the RMAC is near ready for that to be a good move. Sorry that your locker rooms are in an idiotic location, I'm sure if it were at another school you'd agree.

Pueblo decided against the cost to run plumbing to their new weight room so there are no restrooms or water fountains in it. Also genius.
    Won't that just make the players tougher?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast