Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IUP-Edinboro

Contribute to D2

Default IUP-Edinboro

Figured I'd start a thread for most recent IUP sandbagging and tool shed discourse.

For those thinking about attending Saturday's game, you and your family get in free. "All veterans and military personnel plus their families will be admitted free of charge and receive a concessions voucher. The ROTC department will also be giving away shakers and hats. In addition, one individual will have a chance to fire the ROTC cannon at halftime. A joint color guard will consist of a member of each of the branches of the military."

Forecast as of today is cloudy and 46. Solid football weather!

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Figured I'd start a thread for most recent IUP sandbagging and tool shed discourse.

For those thinking about attending Saturday's game, you and your family get in free. "All veterans and military personnel plus their families will be admitted free of charge and receive a concessions voucher. The ROTC department will also be giving away shakers and hats. In addition, one individual will have a chance to fire the ROTC cannon at halftime. A joint color guard will consist of a member of each of the branches of the military."

Forecast as of today is cloudy and 46. Solid football weather!
    I won’t make it but I’ve enjoyed going to games there in the past when it used to be IUP and Boro fighting it out for the top spot in the West. People like to say that the weather changes by the minute where they live, but that’s actually true of Edinboro. The last time I was there it poured rain, was sunny, then it hailed before turning to snow.

In terms of the game, it seems IUP has corrected most of what was ailing them a few weeks ago. They also have their top receiver and two top running backs healthy. That said, this is the best team they will play since losing to Rock. I think this one could be a good four quarter game that goes down to the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: IUP-Edinboro

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    In terms of the game, it seems IUP has corrected most of what was ailing them a few weeks ago. They also have their top receiver and two top running backs healthy.
    Is Bullock healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Is Bullock healthy?
    He's not 100 percent but looked OK last week on a few runs. I haven't heard how he was the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Is Bullock healthy?
    Sure didn't look like it last week the few times he was in the game and he came out the second half in street clothes. Granted it was 35-7 at the half but that is not a good sign regardless ............ jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Sure didn't look like it last week the few times he was in the game and he came out the second half in street clothes. Granted it was 35-7 at the half but that is not a good sign regardless ............ jus sayin

Tort told Jack Benedict that they only planned to give him a few carries, he had 6 last week, and claims he'll be ready to go against Edinboro, along with Temple

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Tort told Jack Benedict that they only planned to give him a few carries, he had 6 last week, and claims he'll be ready to go against Edinboro, along with Temple
    That's good news. jus sayin

His speed didn't look bad last week. That's big that he got some game action and took a few hits. Coming back with that knee is almost as much mental as it is physical.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    His speed didn't look bad last week. That's big that he got some game action and took a few hits. Coming back with that knee is almost as much mental as it is physical.
    I thought Temple ran as good last week as I have seen him run since before his injury. Too little too late. jus sayin

I thought Temple ran as good last week as I have seen him run since before his injury. Too little too late. jus sayin
    I think Ballega has been a pleasant surprise. That move got some bad press on here last year but he's been a solid special teams player and does run with some power.

He's also a very good student unlike some others.

So the real question, is the IUP running game back on track, or did IUP just play two week rushing defenses the last two weeks ? THis week will tell, I think IUP has to keep the ball away from the Edinboro offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    So the real question, is the IUP running game back on track, or did IUP just play two week rushing defenses the last two weeks ? THis week will tell, I think IUP has to keep the ball away from the Edinboro offense.
    I'd say a combination. Seton Hill is the worst defense in the league. Gannon isn't much better (except against the Adamson Air Raid).

But, Justice will be at his best in spurts. The more bodies they keep getting back the more will keep opening. The passing game came back once Jo-Jo came back ... which obviously opens up more things. I don't think anybody realized how significant he was until he wasn't there.

I think Ballega has been a pleasant surprise. That move got some bad press on here last year but he's been a solid special teams player and does run with some power.

He's also a very good student unlike some others.
    Ballega is a nice kid to have on the team, he runs hard and will get you 3 or 4 yards a pop. I don't recall any "bad press" on the kid, just people like me saying he would be the 4th or 5th RB and really not a factor. That has been the case. jus sayin

What's a good dinner spot up at the Boro?

There isn't many options to be honest. Sunset Grill is probably the best but it's way better during the summer. It's right on Edinboro Lake off route 99.

Crossroads is decent. The famous Edinboro Hotel Bar has decent food as well. The legendary place is Johns Wildwood if you're up for a quick bite. Some of the best college town food you'll find anywhere.

Crossroads is decent. The famous Edinboro Hotel Bar has decent food as well. The legendary place is Johns Wildwood if you're up for a quick bite. Some of the best college town food you'll find anywhere.
    What exactly is "college town food"? Ramen Noodles and Mac n Cheese? jus sayin

Crossroads isn't bad, Johns is just an average pizza joint and Edinboro Hotel Bar is a dump!

What exactly is "college town food"? Ramen Noodles and Mac n Cheese? jus sayin
    Pizza, subs, wings, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Crossroads isn't bad, Johns is just an average pizza joint and Edinboro Hotel Bar is a dump!
    Hard disagree on Johns. They routinely win best pizza in Erie and they're 10+ miles outside the city.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast