Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: NCAA Regional Rankings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,056
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    11001

    Default NCAA Regional Rankings

    This week's NCAA Regional Rankings list has New Haven and LIU Post ranked #2 and #3 respectively. Providing that both teams win their games this Saturday, the November 10 matchup between the Pioneers and the Chargers at Post looms ever larger.

    LET'S GO PIONEERS!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    20696

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CWP '68 View Post
    This week's NCAA Regional Rankings list has New Haven and LIU Post ranked #2 and #3 respectively. Providing that both teams win their games this Saturday, the November 10 matchup between the Pioneers and the Chargers at Post looms ever larger.

    LET'S GO PIONEERS!
    Likely for the top seed in the region.

  3. Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Why is it that New Haven is no. 2 in the regional rankings but nowhere to be found in the national top 25? LIU is no. 16. How can that be?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Billerica, MA
    Posts
    2,391
    Blog Entries
    465
    Rep Power
    10971

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by harlancounty View Post
    Why is it that New Haven is no. 2 in the regional rankings but nowhere to be found in the national top 25? LIU is no. 16. How can that be?
    The regional rankings have factors that the national poll doesn't take into account. Plus the Top 25 is a popularity contest. The regional rankings are a more concise picture to the good and bad teams. They are not always perfect but much closer than the top 25.

  5. #5

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by harlancounty View Post
    Why is it that New Haven is no. 2 in the regional rankings but nowhere to be found in the national top 25? LIU is no. 16. How can that be?
    They have a bunch of wins against 1 win teams and beat nobody of significance. In addition to playing only 9 D2 games, which may come back to haunt them if they lose Sat. to Post, check ODU 2017....just sayin

  6. Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Fairmont State...? 9-2 record. Lost two games by 6 and 3 points (9 total). Lost to #1 seed Notre Dame by 3 points. Currently on a 5 game win streak to end the season. During those last 5 wins averaging 50 points on offense and giving up 16 points per game on defense. 4 teams in the top 10 lost their last game.

  7. #7

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Fairmont State...? 9-2 record. Lost two games by 6 and 3 points (9 total). Lost to #1 seed Notre Dame by 3 points. Currently on a 5 game win streak to end the season. During those last 5 wins averaging 50 points on offense and giving up 16 points per game on defense. 4 teams in the top 10 lost their last game.
    Think slippery rock gets bounced, Faimont gets in at 7

  8. #8

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Let’s look at Fairmont State and Ohio Dominican. Both ended 9-2 overall and in region. ODU opponents went 54-63 for 46.1% and Fairmonts opponents went 52-66 for 44%. ODU scheduled and defeated 2 strong Out of conference teams-Cal PA and Ashland. ODU gets in over Fairmont. Tiffin opponents went 49-68 for 41.8%. Tiffin should drop to 9 or 10 so head to head should not come into play. Plus Tiifin has been soundly defeated the last two games. It would be a shame if ODU gets left out again this year by the team whose coach is on the committee.

  9. #9

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Computer simulations have Ohio Dominican defeating both Tiffin and Fairmont State on neutral fields by 14 and 12 points respectively.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    12,889
    Rep Power
    228880

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    Let’s look at Fairmont State and Ohio Dominican. Both ended 9-2 overall and in region. ODU opponents went 54-63 for 46.1% and Fairmonts opponents went 52-66 for 44%. ODU scheduled and defeated 2 strong Out of conference teams-Cal PA and Ashland. ODU gets in over Fairmont. Tiffin opponents went 49-68 for 41.8%. Tiffin should drop to 9 or 10 so head to head should not come into play. Plus Tiifin has been soundly defeated the last two games. It would be a shame if ODU gets left out again this year by the team whose coach is on the committee.
    The SOS criteria is not just Opponents Winning % but also Opponents Opponents Winning %.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,163
    Rep Power
    20696

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    The SOS criteria is not just Opponents Winning % but also Opponents Opponents Winning %.
    That favors ODU over FSU even more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA, formerly of Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    19667

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Billerica, MA
    Posts
    2,391
    Blog Entries
    465
    Rep Power
    10971

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by CWP '68 View Post
    This week's NCAA Regional Rankings list has New Haven and LIU Post ranked #2 and #3 respectively. Providing that both teams win their games this Saturday, the November 10 matchup between the Pioneers and the Chargers at Post looms ever larger.

    LET'S GO PIONEERS!
    Post is the 2nd seed.

    New Haven is the 6th seed.

    Post will host Slippery Rock.

    New Haven will travel to West Chester.

  14. #14

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Ohio Dominican gets disrespected again. Better SOS than the Rock. Selection system is too subjective.

  15. #15

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Also New Haven rewarded this year for playing one less game and no out of conference games. Last year Ohio Dominican was told they did not make the playoffs for that same reason. Double standards. Shame on the committee.

  16. #16

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    Also New Haven rewarded this year for playing one less game and no out of conference games. Last year Ohio Dominican was told they did not make the playoffs for that same reason. Double standards. Shame on the committee.
    They played FCS Bryant

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    11001

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    .
    Last edited by CWP '68; 11-11-2018 at 07:28 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    11001

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    0

  19. #19

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    They played FCS Bryant
    My understanding is that playing Bryant is not counted by the Committee or at least is not supposed to count.

  20. #20

    Default Re: NCAA Regional Rankings

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    My understanding is that playing Bryant is not counted by the Committee or at least is not supposed to count.
    Yes but you cant say that they were rewarded for "playing 1 less game" the team played a tough opponent that has much more scholarships and talent then they do. Im sure it was a tough football game to start the season with. They were not rewarded for that, they were rewarded with their only d2 loss by 4 points coming to #2 ranked Post. I think that ODU should have gotten in over Slippery Rock because they played tough OOC schedule (Ashland and Cal).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •