3 Grand Valley St. 6-1 8-1
    4 Northwest Mo. St. 8-1 8-1
    5 UIndy 7-1 7-1
    6 Southern Ark. 8-1 8-1
    7 Fort Hays St. 7-2 7-2
    8 Pittsburg St. 7-2 7-2
    9 Harding 7-2 7-2
    10 Missouri S&T 5-1 7-1
    This is gonna be a mess. When they re-flip Pitt State and Harding after week 11 because a win over 3-8 ATU is so much better than a win over 1-10 MoSo, it's going to be really dumb.

Default Re: SR3 Regional Rankings Week 9

Lots of football left.
    Ferris has a pretty good Davenport and an easy win against Billy J left,
    OBU has a very tough SAU and Henderson who could jump up and beat someone on the right day.(Also worth a mention that Handerson and OBU are across the street from each other and rivals on a universal scale)
    GV has a very tough Ashland team and a Wayne State team that can jump and beat people on the right day.
    NWMSU has a very tough Hays team left, and central Mo who is pretty down with injuries right now.
    Indy has Truman who could jump up and bite them and a Hillsdale team with only one loss.
    SAU has a very tough OBU, and a UAM team they should beat.
    Hays has a very tough NW and a walk through against winless NSU.
    Harding has SEOSU and Ark Tech, and should probably beat both.
    Pitt has Washburn who they should beat, but who always plays them tough, and a walk through against a 1 win MoSo team.
    S and T has Truman and McKendree who are both middle of the pack but might be good enough to bite them on the wrong day.

Wouldn't be shocked to see GV and SAU with 2 losses next week. If that happens and Hays hung a 2nd loss on NW, we would have a real mess.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    This is gonna be a mess. When they re-flip Pitt State and Harding after week 11 because a win over 3-8 ATU is so much better than a win over 1-10 MoSo, it's going to be really dumb.
    AND, as you see, they rate records, regardless of conference strength ... Kudos to Lindenwood (and SBU and Truman before them) on switching to the GLVC where the road to the playoffs is MUCH easier ...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Lots of football left.
    Ferris has a pretty good Davenport and an easy win against Billy J left,
    OBU has a very tough SAU and Henderson who could jump up and beat someone on the right day.(Also worth a mention that Handerson and OBU are across the street from each other and rivals on a universal scale)
    GV has a very tough Ashland team and a Wayne State team that can jump and beat people on the right day.
    NWMSU has a very tough Hays team left, and central Mo who is pretty down with injuries right now.
    Indy has Truman who could jump up and bite them and a Hillsdale team with only one loss.
    SAU has a very tough OBU, and a UAM team they should beat.
    Hays has a very tough NW and a walk through against winless NSU.
    Harding has SEOSU and Ark Tech, and should probably beat both.
    Pitt has Washburn who they should beat, but who always plays them tough, and a walk through against a 1 win MoSo team.
    S and T has Truman and McKendree who are both middle of the pack but might be good enough to bite them on the wrong day.
    It's pretty interesting out S&T has gotten votes on the AFCA poll, has a regional ranking, but is below Truman in the GLVC ranking.
    Last edited by da_miner; 10-29-2018 at 04:56 PM. Reason: editing due to pedantic peeps

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    AND, as you see, they rate records, regardless of conference strength ... Kudos to Lindenwood (and SBU and Truman before them) on switching to the GLVC where the road to the playoffs is MUCH easier ...
    If you want to show up at lemans in a yugo, I guess that's the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by da_miner View Post
    It's pretty interesting out S&T has gotten votes on the AFCA poll, has a regional ranking, but is below Truman in the GLVC poll.
    What's a glvc poll? Do they have a weekly poll or something?

Quote Originally Posted by da_miner View Post
    It's pretty interesting out S&T has gotten votes on the AFCA poll, has a regional ranking, but is below Truman in the GLVC poll.
    The GLVC "poll" you speak of is not a poll. Those are the conference standings. Truman is 5-0 in the GLVC and S&T is 4-1 in the GLVC, therefore, they are ahead of them in the conference standings.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    The GLVC "poll" you speak of is not a poll. Those are the conference standings. Truman is 5-0 in the GLVC and S&T is 4-1 in the GLVC, therefore, they are ahead of them in the conference standings.
    Spewing your logic all over messing up a perfectly good conspiracy theory. You shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    Yeah, I just thought it was kind of interesting that a team that has a lower conference standing has higher region standing. In the next few weeks it'll be corrected and either S&T will drop completely, or will have an appropriate place in the GLVC standings. Plus I edited the post to reflect the difference between standing and poll.

Spewing your logic all over messing up a perfectly good conspiracy theory. You shut up.
    I was wearing my S&T brand tin-foil hat while writing this. Everyone's out to get them! 1980 greatest year ever!
    Last edited by da_miner; 10-29-2018 at 05:29 PM.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Wouldn't be shocked to see GV and SAU with 2 losses next week. If that happens and Hays hung a 2nd loss on NW, we would have a real mess.
    No, the real mess would be if that all happens and then the NCAA vacates Ferris State’s wins due to the ineligible player. Current rankings, meet dynamited smokestack ....

Quote Originally Posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    No, the real mess would be if that all happens and then the NCAA vacates Ferris State’s wins due to the ineligible player. Current rankings, meet dynamited smokestack ....
    That will be nuts. My guess is the committee has already talked about it and has a plan IF that happens. If not, they should.

14. Default Re: SR3 Regional Rankings Week 9

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    That will be nuts. My guess is the committee has already talked about it and has a plan IF that happens. If not, they should.
    Wouldn’t the plan just be, “Move everyone else up a spot.”?

Wouldn’t the plan just be, “Move everyone else up a spot.”?
    Depends on if it’s a forfeit or just vacate. Depends if the penalize them for all 4 games or just a few. Easily could be move up, just figure with NCAA it’s never that easy or obvious.

Won’t happen. That was committee getting it right for 2-2-2-1. HU won’t get in without some help.

Yeah, that's why there are 3 2-loss non GLVC teams ahead of a 1-loss GLVC team. Because they only rated the records.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Yeah, that's why there are 3 2-loss non GLVC teams ahead of a 1-loss GLVC team. Because they only rated the records.
    He reps Lincoln and Southern.................. Can't you give Frosty a break

UMR (They'll always be that to me) as an outlier negates the other nine in the rankings? You think the GLVC and GAC are as strong as the MIAA top to bottom? Crazy talk. and Mssu gave up competitive athletics, apparently, with the exception of Men's Basketball ... Guess that makes them like KU - but I digress ... I'm a Cardinals and Blues fan also, so I miss when my teams were good ... I'm jealous of you guys who compete for championships. I've taken graduate classes at UCM - so maybe I'll jump on that bandwagon ...

UMR (They'll always be that to me) as an outlier negates the other nine in the rankings? You think the GLVC and GAC are as strong as the MIAA top to bottom?
    No, I definitely don't think they are, but until the MIAA decides to play with someone other than itself (snicker), there is no actual way to compare the two teams on paper. The NCAA committee does not look at team names (to avoid a "Northwest" or "Grand Valley" bias), and solely looks at numbers. The MIAA hurts itself by not allowing a 3-loss Central Oklahoma team the chance to schedule a team like S&T -- to not only improve the league's SOS but also to knock out those 1- or 2- loss GLVC teams and prove a point if they truly are better on the field.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast