Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 206

Thread: Washburn at Pitt

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Washburn at Pitt

    Bods big brilliant bungle brouhaha.

    Will Pitt take care of business like they did against ucm, win ugly when they probably shouldn't like they did against mw and elwood, or will they make Washburn look like bodzilla turning the jungle into their private Tokyo like the barfcats did?



    Stay tuned for the answers to these questions and more.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Bearcat Nation
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    6596

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    I think I want Pitt to win this week just because I want a second MIAA team in the playoffs. I'd love to see a 7 seed Pitt knock off a potential 2 seed from the GAC

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsBy90 View Post
    I think I want Pitt to win this week just because I want a second MIAA team in the playoffs. I'd love to see a 7 seed Pitt knock off a potential 2 seed from the GAC
    Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    If we some how lose to SAU this weekend there's a possibility of 3 GAC teams getting in. Us winning and FH losing is in Pitt's best chance of grabbing that 7.

  5. Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    If we some how lose to SAU this weekend there's a possibility of 3 GAC teams getting in. Us winning and FH losing is in Pitt's best chance of grabbing that 7.
    Assuming Pitt State wins this week (no guarantee, inferior WU teams have defeated Pitt State multiple times in recent years), the three 2-loss team scrum for the final two PO spots is going to be interesting. SAU would have the H2H, so you'd think they'd be ahead of Harding, but it's a little hard to imagine the selectors breaking from the 2-2-2-1 layout without good reason to break from it.

    I'm assuming OBU and NW beat FHSU and SAU, or it'll be a real mess.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.
    If the committee decides to go for 2-2-2-1 balance--which SR3 has a history of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    If we some how lose to SAU this weekend there's a possibility of 3 GAC teams getting in. Us winning and FH losing is in Pitt's best chance of grabbing that 7.
    Best results this week to help the GAC get towards 3 PO teams:
    1) NWMSU wins over FHSU
    2) WU wins over Pitt
    3) McKendree wins over MO S&T

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Does everyone play everyone in the GAC? If so, it will be intersting to see where each team lands once the SOS is final for both, as it will be apples to apples.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Does everyone play everyone in the GAC? If so, it will be intersting to see where each team lands once the SOS is final for both, as it will be apples to apples.
    Yes

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Pitt's O looked bad again against MW. Not sure how much of that was being conservative with a lead and trying to play keep away, and how much was bad execution or bad play calling. (I know some of it was Pitt trying to out-stupid the griffs by commiting a bunch of boneheaded penalties.)

  10. Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Doesn't matter if S&T wins out or not! They are not going to put them in. 9-1 vs D2 teams can not overcome traditional weak perception. Oh well, should have not had the one close loss to Indy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    If the committee decides to go for 2-2-2-1 balance--which SR3 has a history of.


    Best results this week to help the GAC get towards 3 PO teams:
    1) NWMSU wins over FHSU
    2) WU wins over Pitt
    3) McKendree wins over MO S&T

  11. #11

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pitt's O looked bad again against MW. Not sure how much of that was being conservative with a lead and trying to play keep away, and how much was bad execution or bad play calling. (I know some of it was Pitt trying to out-stupid the griffs by commiting a bunch of boneheaded penalties.)
    Honestly, with the talk going around about being statistically outplayed (I didn't watch, but listened to the first half), and we were over-matched. The stat differences we had were exactly what you'd expect a game to look like with a +4 turnover margin.

    Mind you, I did not watch the game so cannot speak to getting outplayed at positions. But we were largely in a position where lots of yards weren't needed with short fields...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Honestly, with the talk going around about being statistically outplayed (I didn't watch, but listened to the first half), and we were over-matched. The stat differences we had were exactly what you'd expect a game to look like with a +4 turnover margin.

    Mind you, I did not watch the game so cannot speak to getting outplayed at positions. But we were largely in a position where lots of yards weren't needed with short fields...
    Pitt was unable to sustain drives. Went 3 and out a lot, and hurt themselves with penalties every time they did get one going. Pitt ran for 2.7 yards per carry on the day and went 9-18 with one pick in the passing game.The passing game bailed Pitt out on their 2 good drives early because the Oline was getting no push at all. Like I said, Not sure if they were just content to play it safe in the second half or not, but Pitt couldn't move the ball at all on them after the first quarter. They had a total of 4 first downs in the second half.
    MW ran for 6.8 yards per carry and by the second half were blowing holes you could drive a truck through.

    Fortunately the pass D and special teams played well for Pitt, and the griffs hurt themselves with penalties even more often than Pitt did.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.
    Because we are the superior MIAA.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    WSU always seems to play Pitt tough, but they seem pretty one dimensional this season, much better at the pass than the run, so that kind of plays into Pitt's defensive strengths.

    On the other side, their D seems pretty mediocre so maybe Pitt can generate some offense this week.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,331
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Simulator says 32-19 Pitt.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake of the Ozarks
    Posts
    1,422
    Rep Power
    60552

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Because we are the superior MIAA.
    Good one, that will get Fred all stirred up!

  17. Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    Pitt is currently 9 behind Harding at 8 as of now. Harding will win out. Don't see how they should be able to jump Harding.
    Welp ...

    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...z6g8C_Jeb74o10

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    923
    Rep Power
    15949

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Go-Rilla View Post
    RIGGED

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    20,530
    Rep Power
    8987

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Because we are the superior MIAA.
    ROIDS (because it hasn't been said in in a while.)
    I like turtles.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Washburn at Pitt

    Steroids?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •