Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: OT - Wt WBB

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Good luck haha. Our last of the crew is 18 months old and he is into everything so we dont go out and about a whole lot right now

Watched the feed.
    Wt looks tired, not much energy.
    This is what happens with the two longest road trips of the year are back to back.
    Also, while we have everyone back, the offense is still out of sink due to not playing together.
    Still a lot of BB to be played.
    At the end of the year let's see who is left standing, Wt will still make a deep run.

3. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

I was very surprised to see the results. Hope we can build on these wins and play better ball consistently.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    I was very surprised to see the results. Hope we can build on these wins and play better ball consistently.
    Very good wins by the Javs. Very good.

Lady Buffs sucked. It looked like they just got off the bus after a twelve hour ride. No intensity till the last 5 minutes of the game. Missed 19 threes (5/24) and 11 free throws (13/24). You seldom win games on the road with those kind of numbers. Meanwhile, Lady Javs went 12/22 from outside and 28/34 from the line. Wt loses by 2. I seldom criticise our coaches, but our rotations sucked. Why did we leave Hightower on the bench for most of the first half? Sure she had two fouls, but she has played lot's of times with 2 fouls early. No one was setting ball screens for her to get some open shots. And in the last five minutes of the game Hightowere had to score and probably scored 15 points, zipzipzip. We're getting nothing in the way of outside shooting from Lucy Burke or Natalie Linden. And since back-up point guard Reagen Haynes went out for the season with an injury, her excellent shooting is gone. For most of the game, it looked like the Lady Buffs felt they could go thru the motions and still win. Not against the hot-shooting Lady Javs last night.

You can say pretty much the same for the men's game. Poor shooting, poor rebounding, too many turnovers by WT........and the Javs came to play and played well. They did a great job of defending the perimeter. And when the Buffs drove the paint, they didn't finish. Grant and Murray are very, very good freshmen guards. But, sometimes, like last night, they make freshmen mistakes.

It doesn't get any easier with Angelo State Sat. Buffs could easily come home empty-handed on this road trip.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-11-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Very good wins by the Javs. Very good.

Lady Buffs sucked. It looked like they just got off the bus after a twelve hour ride. No intensity till the last 5 minutes of the game. Missed 19 threes (5/24) and 11 free throws (13/24). You seldom win games on the road with those kind of numbers. Meanwhile, Lady Javs went 12/22 from outside and 28/34 from the line. Wt loses by 2. I seldom criticise our coaches, but our rotations sucked. Why did we leave Hightower on the bench for most of the first half? Sure she had two fouls, but she has played lot's of times with 2 fouls early. No one was setting ball screens for her to get some open shots. And in the last five minutes of the game Hightowere had to score and probably scored 15 points, zipzipzip. We're getting nothing in the way of outside shooting from Lucy Burke or Natalie Linden. And since back-up point guard Reagen Haynes went out for the season with an injury, her excellent shooting is gone. For most of the game, it looked like the Lady Buffs felt they could go thru the motions and still win. Not against the hot-shooting Lady Javs last night.

You can say pretty much the same for the men's game. Poor shooting, poor rebounding, too many turnovers by WT........and the Javs came to play and played well. They did a great job of defending the perimeter. And when the Buffs drove the paint, they didn't finish. Grant and Murray are very, very good freshmen guards. But, sometimes, like last night, they make freshmen mistakes.

It doesn't get any easier with Angelo State Sat. Buffs could easily come home empty-handed on this road trip.
    Part of the problem, IMHO, was looking ahead to Angelo.

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    I really haven't kept up too much with the hoops action this year. But a quick look at the men's results for the season to date, it looks like we've been in every game we lost save maybe one with the loses being in the 5 to 10 point margin.

Nice 2nd half comeback on the road this afternoon. Way to right the ship after Thurday’s upset. Two tough games next week.

Really messy game - a lot of turnovers.
    Did not shoot the ball well, missing Regan.
    We shouldn't have to use Hightower at the point.

With a minute left ASU has fouls to give and didn't - why???
    Taylor outplayed Moore. Taylor has more intensity and much better footwork.

Good road win.

Gritty win. Like a championship match. Still, way too many missed free throws and turnovers for WT. Lady Buffs out rebounded Angelo 40-32 and were +8 steals.

Two big games at home next week for Ladies, Commerce and Tarleton.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Oops
    Oops...

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Oops...
    Nice comeback by both the Buffs and Lady Buffs. Buffs up 83-73 with 1 minute to go.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Oops...
    Why Oops. WT was favored. Ranked #2 in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Why Oops. WT was favored. Ranked #2 in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
    Really messy game - a lot of turnovers.
    Did not shoot the ball well, missing Regan.
    We shouldn't have to use Hightower at the point.

With a minute left ASU has fouls to give and didn't - why???
    Taylor outplayed Moore. Taylor has more intensity and much better footwork.

Good road win.
    It was a very messy game, no flow. I was also confused about our late game methods, but what do I know. We had a chance to go up 2 with about 6 seconds left and just missed the shot. Then played good defense and the girl hit a tough shot to win. Was definitely an entertaining game.
    And yes Taylor outplayed Moore. Please do not take this as an excuse, but Dee looks out of shape. I know she was/is having knee issues so I don't know if she is unable to condition like she has been in years past, but she looked slow and was gassed about midway through the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    It was a very messy game, no flow. I was also confused about our late game methods, but what do I know. We had a chance to go up 2 with about 6 seconds left and just missed the shot. Then played good defense and the girl hit a tough shot to win. Was definitely an entertaining game.
    And yes Taylor outplayed Moore. Please do not take this as an excuse, but Dee looks out of shape. I know she was/is having knee issues so I don't know if she is unable to condition like she has been in years past, but she looked slow and was gassed about midway through the 3rd quarter.
    Let's not forget about Commerce and Tarleton. They both come to Canyon this week. The bulk of the conference schedule is still to be played. By season's end it's possible two or three teams could be atop the conference with three losses. And it'll come down to some crazy three or four deep tie-breaker for Frisco seeding.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 01-14-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Let's not forget about Commerce and Tarleton. They both come to Canyon this week. The bulk of the conference schedule is still to be played. By season's end it's possible two or three teams could be atop the conference with three losses. And it'll come down to some crazy three or four deep tie-breaker for Frisco seeding.
    Looking at Commerce on paper they don't appear to match up well (size wise) with Wt.
    However, the game is not played on paper.
    Commerce only LSC loss is to Angelo - should be a good game.
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

If your not willing to stand behind our troops,
    please feel free to stand in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
    Looking at Commerce on paper they don't appear to match up well (size wise) with Wt.
    However, the game is not played on paper.
    Commerce only LSC loss is to Angelo - should be a good game.
    Yes, I will be watching tonight. Dont let the size thing fool you, Commerce leads the Conference in rebounding with a +12.5 board average margin. We've been playing better of late than we were when we played Angelo 6 weeks ago. I still expect a WT win, but it should be close and would not be totally surprised to see Commerce sneak away with a W.

Talked to the Coach after the game.
    Quote, "It was ugly, but it was a win."
    I agree.

The game was not as close as the score, Wt was up by 20 at times.
    To many TO and still out of sink. We really need to play better.

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
    Talked to the Coach after the game.
    Quote, "It was ugly, but it was a win."
    I agree.

The game was not as close as the score, Wt was up by 20 at times.
    To many TO and still out of sink. We really need to play better.
    The biggest hurdle that I saw with WT, is the lack of true PG. I don't remember the girls name from a couple years ago, but she didn't score all that often, but she could take over a game when needed and kept to TO level very low. I'm probably insensitive for this, but she was black girl that was about 5'6 and very stout

Commerce never got off the bus.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast