Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: OT - Wt WBB

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    35 points allowed? Holy smokes....was the defense that good or was the offense equally bad?
    St Mary's did not look like a Top 25 team. Midwestern kept them off balance with 2 different lineups throughout the entire game. I think that MSU matched up well with them and with the scheme changes every 5 mins St Mary's couldn't adjust fast enough.

I mean St Mary's shot 25% or something like that.

Maybe MSU found something to win a few more games, but until I see a few conference wins using the platoon method I'm not expecting them to beat any of the top 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    St Mary's did not look like a Top 25 team. Midwestern kept them off balance with 2 different lineups throughout the entire game. I think that MSU matched up well with them and with the scheme changes every 5 mins St Mary's couldn't adjust fast enough.

Maybe MSU found something to win a few more games, but until I see a few conference wins using the platoon method I'm not expecting them to beat any of the top 3 or 4.
    Was surprised by this outcome as ASU lost to St. Mary's at home earlier. We had a dismal shooting performance that night but to see a middle of the road conference team (based on previous seasons of course) beat them by 16 shows how tough our conference can be.

Was surprised by this outcome as ASU lost to St. Mary's at home earlier. We had a dismal shooting performance that night but to see a middle of the road conference team (based on previous seasons of course) beat them by 16 shows how tough our conference can be.
    Middle of the road is being generous over the past 3 years....Last year was because of a heavy SR led team.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post

MSU tried that 2-line up with us. Didn't seem to bother anyone. When the second quarter started it was a more normal rotation for MSU

Don't know how we beat Berry---but I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
    Don't know how we beat Berry---but I'll take it.
    With both of our PGs out with injuries, our offense sputtered. Barry hit 13 three pointers!!! Lady Buffs rode Hightower's back.

I wish the dodo bird running the camera would have occasionally tilted the stupid camera up to show the game clock. I never knew how much time was left in the game. Never. Ridiculous! Absolutely ridiculous!
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-18-2018 at 09:17 AM.

MSU tried that 2-line up with us. Didn't seem to bother anyone. When the second quarter started it was a more normal rotation for MSU
    She stuck to that 2 lineups approach the entire game (With the exception of posts in foul trouble).

8. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Chip, anything about our girls healing?

Quote Originally Posted by exbuff72 View Post
    Chip, anything about our girls healing?
    One's in a boot, but should be ready in 2/3 weeks. One had surgery, but should be ready in 3/4 weeks. Another is playing limited time and will probably require surgery after the season. A 4th player should also be back in 2/3 weeks or so.

Winning two on the road in Florida against Barry and Florida Atlantic without our two point guards and with two other kids riding the bench with injuries says a lot about the Lady Buffs.

The New Mexico road trip is a pain in the a$$.

Still undefeated and not playing well.
    With injuries, the playing time is really spread around.
    Maybe, in the long run, it will pay off.

The New Mexico road trip is a pain in the a$$.

Still undefeated and not playing well.
    With injuries, the playing time is really spread around.
    Maybe, in the long run, it will pay off.
    Whoever did the conference scheduling should be fired. WT had to play in Odessa on Thursday, Jan 3 then to Silver City on Jan 5. Now we get to go to Kingsville on Jan 10 and San Angelo on Jan 12. No team should have to have a 2-week period with 4 away games especially with the 2 longest trips of the year coming within 8 days.

12. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Whoever did the conference scheduling should be fired. WT had to play in Odessa on Thursday, Jan 3 then to Silver City on Jan 5. Now we get to go to Kingsville on Jan 10 and San Angelo on Jan 12. No team should have to have a 2-week period with 4 away games especially with the 2 longest trips of the year coming within 8 days.
    Tarleton has 5 out of 6 on the road over a 3 week span. Only home games are this week with the women playing TWU Thursday and men going out of conference and playing Dallas Christian on Saturday. It is extremely tough to win 4 or 5 straight road games in the LSC.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Talked to Coach Monday. She said the good thing was we were not in class during this part of the schedule.
    Also said everyone should be back for the games this week.

Oops

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Oops
    Season is over. Start prepping for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Season is over. Start prepping for next year
    Did Kingsville get someone back that they were missing? When ASU played them here, we rolled them by 32 and they only scored 43 points total. How did they put up 86 on you guys?

Did Kingsville get someone back that they were missing? When ASU played them here, we rolled them by 32 and they only scored 43 points total. How did they put up 86 on you guys?
    I'm not sure. They shot a ton of free throws. I only caught the 1st and 4th quarters

I'm not sure. They shot a ton of free throws. I only caught the 1st and 4th quarters
    I know yall have been on a crazy road trip, but was shocked to see the results. Any of you guys making the game in Angelo on Saturday?

I know yall have been on a crazy road trip, but was shocked to see the results. Any of you guys making the game in Angelo on Saturday?
    I won't be making any road trip. There must have been something in the air last night since the men got beat by double digits last night as well

I won't be making any road trip. There must have been something in the air last night since the men got beat by double digits last night as well
    That's a tough roadtrip. And your guys have historically not won very often in Kingsville, I believe they are sub .500 at their place. Should make for an interesting match up on Saturday for both games. I'm going to see if the pregnant wife is fine on her own at the house so I can sneak away to the game for a few hours!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast