Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Wt WBB

Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
    Did not, at that time, appear to be a major concern and she wants to compete.

We will see this afternoon how she is
    Talked to Parker today. She's on crutches and has an MRI Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffAlum09 View Post
    Wasn’t able to make the games this weekend; did the CSU transfer, Linden, not play?
    Last 2 minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Talked to Parker today. She's on crutches and has an MRI Monday.
    She told me she heard her knee "pop" when she went down. Sounds like an ACL, if it is her season is over.

Despite several injuries, I am still encouraged about this team.
    They played really good defense against a good Regis team tonight.
    If Spurgin can play good "D" and rebound the scoring will not be a problem.
    Several of our girls can "Light it Up" if needed.

She did not play. Was not dressed and sat next to Parker on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Last 2 minutes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    Is she hurt? I thought she played well in the exhibition

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post
    You're right. It was Legan that played the last 2 minutes.
    Last edited by GoBuffsGo; 11-11-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffAlum09 View Post
    Wasn’t able to make the games this weekend; did the CSU transfer, Linden, not play?
    Hamstring. May be out a couple more weeks. Linden is a starter. Good player. She'll be back. Same for freshman Mary Rose Foster, another good player, out with a muscle injury for a couple weeks.

Even without Parker, Linden, and Foster, the Lady Buffs schooled Regis, 80-53. Regis was preseason picked third in the RMAC. That was a pretty damn good display of defense last night. Unlike last year, where the Lady Buffs struggled at times to put up points, this years team has so many threats to score the ball.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.

9. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Chip, you are in position to see the Lady Buffs rotate in/out. What is your call on the girl from Sweden. I have looked at the box scores and she is listed as not player. She was one of our better players in the UT exh.

Quote Originally Posted by exbuff72 View Post
    Chip, you are in position to see the Lady Buffs rotate in/out. What is your call on the girl from Sweden. I have looked at the box scores and she is listed as not player. She was one of our better players in the UT exh.
    As mentioned directly above your post, she is out with hamstring injury.

Tyesha Taylor has shown she can be a force. As long as she stays out of foul trouble, I think she will be a good replacement for Parker.

Eastern starting off right 2-0, very young though, only 3 seniors and 3 jrs, the rest freshman and Sophmores.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    As mentioned directly above your post, she is out with hamstring injury.

Tyesha Taylor has shown she can be a force. As long as she stays out of foul trouble, I think she will be a good replacement for Parker.
    Heard anything about Parker??

I haven't.... I bet we hear something today.

Quote Originally Posted by exbuff72 View Post
    She's good. Has a decent outside shot. Very quick. About 5'9. Finishes at the basket. Moves very well without the ball. Can run the floor. Plays good defense. High BB IQ. Lady Buffs need her to get back ASAP.

Her mother is the national director of women's basketball in Sweden. Kristen hopes Natalie has a good experience at WT. It could open a nice pipeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Eastern starting off right 2-0, very young though, only 3 seniors and 3 jrs, the rest freshman and Sophmores.
    If the HC is recruiting properly, that is not unusual. WT has 4 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophs, and 3 freshman. Correctly building your program with balanced classes leads to continuity. WT would have 4 sophs if one hadn't stayed with track (Swopes girl-national shot put winner as a freshman).

And the recruits that have been offered for this year (so I hear thru the FB grapevine and other means) are all down to WT and D1 schools. Even if you lose a kid to a UTEP or Appalachian State, that's the kind of kid you want as a freshman. You go to the next one on your list. Girl's are not as hung up about "D1" as the guys are. They look for a coach, compatible teammates, a winning program, fan support systems, and a school that fits their personalities and needs. WT excels in pretty much every one of those categories. I've had the pleasure to meet a few potential recruits for next year......same deal: WT or schools like UTEP, Oral Roberts, Villanova, and others. One of the girls I ran into on an unofficial visit with her father, had gone to a game at Tulsa (offered her) and said there weren't 100 people in the stands. Same thing when they visited UT-Arlington-very sparse crowd. She seemed very interested in WT. Dad was, too. A very good player (watched her highlight film, her Dad sent me, about 10 times), great kid, winner. Hopefully Kristen snags her (them)!

Plus, expect the Lady Buffs to go out and get a couple transfer posts from D1's again. Kristen and her staff know what to do to keep the program a national top 10.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-13-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    If the HC is recruiting properly, that is not unusual. WT has 4 seniors, 4 juniors, 3 sophs, and 3 freshman. Correctly building your program with balanced classes leads to continuity. WT would have 4 sophs if one hadn't stayed with track (Swopes girl-national shot put winner as a freshman).

And the recruits that have been offered for this year (so I hear thru the FB grapevine and other means) are all down to WT and D1 schools. Even if you lose a kid to a UTEP or Appalachian State, that's the kind of kid you want as a freshman. You go to the next one on your list. Girl's are not as hung up about "D1" as the guys are. They look for a coach, compatible teammates, a winning program, fan support systems, and a school that fits their personalities and needs. WT excels in pretty much every one of those categories. I've had the pleasure to meet a few potential recruits for next year......same deal: WT or schools like UTEP, Oral Roberts, Villanova, and others. One of the girls I ran into on an unofficial visit with her father, had gone to a game at Tulsa (offered her) and said there weren't 100 people in the stands. Same thing when they visited UT-Arlington-very sparse crowd. She seemed very interested in WT. Dad was, too. Arty good player (watched her highlight film, her Dad sent me, about 10 times), great kid, winner. Hopefully Kristen snags her (them)!

Plus, expect the Lady Buffs to go out and get a couple transfer posts from D1's again. Kristen and her staff know what to do to keep the program a national top 10.
    To me its a sign of a coach that likes where he is at and is trying to build a program, not just win fast and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post

And the recruits that have been offered for this year (so I hear thru the FB grapevine and other means) are all down to WT and D1 schools. Even if you lose a kid to a UTEP or Appalachian State, that's the kind of kid you want as a freshman. You go to the next one on your list. Girl's are not as hung up about "D1" as the guys are. They look for a coach, compatible teammates, a winning program, fan support systems, and a school that fits their personalities and needs. WT excels in pretty much every one of those categories. I've had the pleasure to meet a few potential recruits for next year......same deal: WT or schools like UTEP, Oral Roberts, Villanova, and others. One of the girls I ran into on an unofficial visit with her father, had gone to a game at Tulsa (offered her) and said there weren't 100 people in the stands. Same thing when they visited UT-Arlington-very sparse crowd. She seemed very interested in WT. Dad was, too. A very good player (watched her highlight film, her Dad sent me, about 10 times), great kid, winner. Hopefully Kristen snags her (them)!

If schools like Tulsa or Oral Roberts offered me, I would go there for the education. Doesn't ORU have a decent law program?

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    If schools like Tulsa or Oral Roberts offered me, I would go there for the education. Doesn't ORU have a decent law program?
    We have a freshman that turned down Ivy League schools to play BB at WT. She had a 35 on her ACT and bumping 1600 on her SAT. WT grads have some of the highest % acceptance rates for medical and law school.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-13-2018 at 07:11 PM.

ACL - out for the season. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ras619 View Post
    ACL - out for the season. :-(
    Damn. I hope she wants to rehab and come back next season. Spurgin's gotta really grow up and contribute quickly.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast