Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Wt WBB

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    So you go to a good D2 school and make it to the NC, then transfer to a junior college in hopes of riding the bench someday at a low level D1?

Ok.
    Buffs reloaded with a bunch of new kids. Screw Jennings and Prim. The South Plains JC coach, Kelly Green, is a big time scumbag. He'll poach a player anytime if he can. Jennings had no loyalty except to himself. Prim was a head case and knucklehead and easily influenced by Jennings. A 6'6 235 pound head case was Prim. hahaha!

Buffs beat a good Drury team today in the Tip-Off Classic in Anaheim, 68-62, despite shooting only 32% from the field. Ryan Quaid had 17 points and 18 rebounds! Drury won 21 games last year, picked 2nd in the GLVC, and returned all 5 starters, including 2 all-conference players. Buffs return only 2 starters.

Buffs will be a moderately sized team, 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, 6', and 6' to start. I would describe them as a "small vicious animal with sharp teeth." Coach Brown will have a pretty damn good team once they put it together.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-03-2018 at 09:30 AM.

2. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Buffs reloaded with a bunch of new kids. Screw Jennings and Prim. The South Plains JC coach, Kelly Green, is a big time scumbag. He'll poach a player anytime if he can. Jennings had no loyalty except to himself. Prim was a head case and knucklehead and easily influenced by Jennings. A 6'6 235 pound head case was Prim. hahaha!

Buffs beat a good Drury team today in the Tip-Off Classic in Anaheim, 68-62, despite shooting only 32% from the field. Ryan Quaid had 17 points and 18 rebounds! Drury won 21 games last year and returned all 5 starters, including 2 all-conference players. Buffs return only 2 starters.

Buffs will be a moderately sized team, 6'7, 6'5, 6'4, 6', and 6' to start. I would describe them as a "small vicious animal with sharp teeth." Coach Brown will have a pretty damn good team once they put it together.
    Thanks chip and o5 for information on the team players transferring , I listen to the game yesterday, it was back and forth till the end. And your right they didn’t shoot the ball well at all, I noticed a lot of new names on this year team. Can’t wait to see play at home this year. GO BUFFS

Quote Originally Posted by Little squirrel View Post
    Thanks chip and o5 for information on the team players transferring , I listen to the game yesterday, it was back and forth till the end. And your right they didn’t shoot the ball well at all, I noticed a lot of new names on this year team. Can’t wait to see play at home this year. GO BUFFS
    The three new freshmen are really good. Que Grant from Waxahachie, JoJo Murray from Rowlett, and Derek Geddes from Fort Bend Hightower will be fun to watch. Grant is built like a 6' 210 lb muscular cornerback or outside LB. Man, is he quick or what? JoJo is a true PG. He can deliver the ball, shoot it, and finish. He, too, is very quick. Geddes is only @ 6'4 but he has the length of a 6'7 player. He's a bit raw, but his athleticism is off the charts.

Let's get Men's BB over to a new thread.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-03-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Lubbock Christian beat SMU by 11 and lost to New Mexico by 6 or 7. I heard they played a real slow-down game against NM. I called a friend of mine in Albuquerque, who's a big NM fan, and was at the game. He said the NM coaches said LCU was not as good as last year because they had no Bruffey replacement. Still, they have enough talent and as usual Gomez has them well coached. I expect the regional finals to come down, again, to WT and LCU. I sure as hell hope to watch it in Canyon this year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Little squirrel View Post
    Hey, I thought that Drury radio crew was pretty damn good!

7. Default Re: OT - Wt WBB

Hey, I thought that Drury radio crew was pretty damn good!
    Yes sir, it was very good for D2 game

Buffs beat a good Drury team today in the Tip-Off Classic in Anaheim, 68-62, despite shooting only 32% from the field. Ryan Quaid had 17 points and 18 rebounds! Drury won 21 games last year, picked 2nd in the GLVC, and returned all 5 starters, including 2 all-conference players. Buffs return only 2 starters.

Ok I’m lost. They were playing at the Drury Inn?

Home tournament this weekend - ready to watch the Lady Buffs

I'm going to watch practice today. Men and women.

I'm going to watch practice today. Men and women.

Just returned from the home opener----we are loaded

This is going to be fun. I'll let BufflaoChip break the team down for everyone.

I know it’s just the first game of the season, however, this team has a lot of talent. After last season it was clear Wt needed to improve in several areas. Wt needed more speed, better shooting, and better athletes. Those needs were addressed. Braylun Dollar (6-0 freshman forward, Lubbock Monterey) is an outstanding athlete. Delaney Nix (5-8 freshman guard, Tahlequah Oklahoma) is a Lexy Hightower clone with better range. Lucy Burke (6-0 Jr. Guard, Melbourne Australia) is a good shooter. Most improved player appears to be Reagan Haynes. Shooting the ball much better with more range. There will be no more double teaming Hightower to stop the outside game. Did not get to see two girls, one of which is a starter, due to nagging injuries. Barring a major injury this team will make a deep playoff run.

Agree 100% on the outlook for this team.

Parker's knee is concerning. She was very emotional on the bench after she went out the second time and after the game. Hopefully, she will not be out a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post

Parker's knee is concerning. She was very emotional on the bench after she went out the second time and after the game. Hopefully, she will not be out a long time.
    Why would they put Parker back in after she went down the first time when we were ahead over 20 points?

Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Why would they put Parker back in after she went down the first time when we were ahead over 20 points?
    Did not, at that time, appear to be a major concern and she wants to compete.

We will see this afternoon how she is

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman View Post

I fear the news on Parker will not be good. Taylor's fighting an ankle that has bothered her since she arrived last year. Spurgin can't finish and is not real tough. Spurgin needs to grow up fast at the post spot. Freshman Dollar doesn't have the size at 6'0 nor the experience. She's really more of a 4. WT's post depth may go from primo to sucko real quick if Parker is out. Team can shoot it outside better this year, unlike last year, with some new deep threats in Lucy Burke and Delaney Nix.

If Parker is lost WT goes from a "good chance" Final 4 to a possible Sweet 16 team. From great to pretty damn good. A big difference.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 11-10-2018 at 04:34 PM.

I fear the news on Parker will not be good. Taylor's fighting an ankle that has bothered her since she arrived last year. Springer can't finish and is not real tough. Springer needs to grow up fast at the post spot. Freshman Dollar doesn't have the size at 6'0 nor the experience. She's really more of a 4. WT's post depth may go from primo to sucko real quick if Parker is out. Team can shoot it outside better this year, unlike last year, with some new deep threats in Lucy Burke and Delaney Nix.

If Parker is lost WT goes from a "good chance" Final 4 to a possible Sweet 16 team. From great to pretty damn good. A big difference.
    Springer??? Spurgin maybe

Quote Originally Posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
    Springer??? Spurgin maybe
    Spurgin. Stupid spell checker. I corrected it.

Wasn’t able to make the games this weekend; did the CSU transfer, Linden, not play?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast