Thread: Week 9 Action

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Week 9 Action

Shepherd leads 25-7. WVW scored on a kickoff return. Shepherd 1-4 on PATs (bad snap, two off the right up-right).
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Week 9 Action

And how does a team solve PAT issues??? With the drop-kick punt PAT of course. Shepherd leads WV Wesleyan 32-7 @ halftime.

Blog Entries

Concord def. West Liberty, 46-33
    Glenville St. def. Urbana, 28-21
    Shepherd def. WV Wesleyan, 58-35
    Notre Dame def. Charleston, 17-10
    Fairmont St. def. WV State, 41-12

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post
    And how does a team solve PAT issues??? With the drop-kick punt PAT of course. Shepherd leads WV Wesleyan 32-7 @ halftime.
    Is that why Bagent was listed in the punting stats for the past 2 weeks?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nick - Shep '05 View Post
    Is that why Bagent was listed in the punting stats for the past 2 weeks?
    I can't speak for last week, but he performed a squib-kick punt on 4th down today. The punter, Ruan Venter, took over PAT duties and made 3 of 5 drop-kick PATs.

The Shepherd place kicker was definately having issues. The first drop kick was cool, but I think they should have put the place kicker back in after that, something like that can really hurt his confidence. He has a great leg, just needs to work through the mental piece.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    The Shepherd place kicker was definately having issues. The first drop kick was cool, but I think they should have put the place kicker back in after that, something like that can really hurt his confidence. He has a great leg, just needs to work through the mental piece.
    The problem is not all on the kicker, he was great last year with a proven long snapper and good blocking on the right side and overall by special teams. This year with the first and the second long snapper and no blocking on the right side all season allowing for many blocks the results are different. Today he hit the goal post twice, a few years back the kicker hit them many times that season. Rams have a lot of issues but I will not put it all on the kicker, bad snaps and no blocking have been issues all season.

8. Default Re: Week 9 Action

Quote Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
    The problem is not all on the kicker, he was great last year with a proven long snapper and good blocking on the right side and overall by special teams. This year with the first and the second long snapper and no blocking on the right side all season allowing for many blocks the results are different. Today he hit the goal post twice, a few years back the kicker hit them many times that season. Rams have a lot of issues but I will not put it all on the kicker, bad snaps and no blocking have been issues all season.
    The kicker from last year graduated. Today kicker was/is battling an injury, punter former rugby player can as we saw drop kick pretty good. Snaps on the missed PATs by kicker were good.

I believe once the kicker is back healthy will be back kicking again. Agree need to shore up the blocking. Young Ram team including on Teams.