Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018-2019 Winona State Warriors Thread

Contribute to D2

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    OK- who came up with this idea?

I’d blame Eric Schoh.

Default Re: 2018-2019 Winona State Warriors Thread

Very nice defensive effort last night. Great job guarding the perimeter which threw Upper Iowa off as I take it their game is up tempo with quick three point shots (judging by the points they have been putting up).

I notice Isaiah Walden and Carter Larson are not listed on the roster anymore. Did they quit? Walden does not surprise me as the two new freshman guards playing decent minutes suggests there was not a future for him but Carter does. Really have no idea if he can play but was hoping he might have something the offer.

I will remember you

Will you remember me

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...605511168?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    I will remember you

Will you remember me

https://twitter.com/NorthernSunConf/...605511168?s=19
    From that to this. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
    From that to this. Sad.
    Both teams would stomp on every team in the current NSIC. That’s sad too.

From that to this. Sad.
    Most people who had been around for a while knew that it was going to be a special time and to just enjoy it. You're not often going to have a team that has 4 or 5 guys who are capable of playing professionally. The current team is very average, but they're probably at the level of what WSU fans saw before Zellmann, Malvik and the rest came to WSU.

That's why its amazing how easily WSU let Brown and Gove go. You're not going to find better recruiters in D-II. Have to question the AD's competence, big time. I'm not sure if he wanted to leave his mark on the program or what, but he sure did (and not in a good way).

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Most people who had been around for a while knew that it was going to be a special time and to just enjoy it. You're not often going to have a team that has 4 or 5 guys who are capable of playing professionally. The current team is very average, but they're probably at the level of what WSU fans saw before Zellmann, Malvik and the rest came to WSU.

That's why its amazing how easily WSU let Brown and Gove go. You're not going to find better recruiters in D-II. Have to question the AD's competence, big time. I'm not sure if he wanted to leave his mark on the program or what, but he sure did (and not in a good way).
    It was an amazing group for the D2 level. All five starters in the first championship year were some level of DI quality. I remember the morning after they beat the Minnesota the next year Sid Hartman commenting “that point guard is better than anything we’ve got”.

I don’t know if the current AD wanted to get rid of Brown and Gove or not. If he did he has no business being an AD anywhere. I think it was a case of these guys patiently waiting to take over as Leaf had told them he would step down at some point. As things got chaotic and there was no sign he was going to willingly leave they grabbed another opportunity. Our misfortune is Leaf didn’t walk off the cliff a little earlier.

Another face plant last night. This program is regressing big time under current leadership. I am now of the opinion that the best thing that could happen is for this team to lose out. Hopefully the powers that be would then not be able to deny the obvious and blow this thing up so we can start fresh. The Augie win was an aberration. This is a very bad basketball team.

Another face plant last night. This program is regressing big time under current leadership. I am now of the opinion that the best thing that could happen is for this team to lose out. Hopefully the powers that be would then not be able to deny the obvious and blow this thing up so we can start fresh. The Augie win was an aberration. This is a very bad basketball team.
    A weekend split and 2 wins next weekend will have these guys saying see we can get it going. They have a bunch of D3 players. It’s sad they have no young guys to build around even. Admin better swallow pride and find a new avenue.

Side note WT 18-3 and first place in the LSC again even after losing 4 of top 8 rotation players from last years Final 4 team. This new group has a chance to make the same run. Only lacking overall size they had last year but so much quicker this year with the 3 guard line up. Hope a low D1 takes a shot with that group of coaches. They have shown over 20 years they can coach at the D2 level.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofnsic View Post
    A weekend split and 2 wins next weekend will have these guys saying see we can get it going. They have a bunch of D3 players. It’s sad they have no young guys to build around even. Admin better swallow pride and find a new avenue.

Side note WT 18-3 and first place in the LSC again even after losing 4 of top 8 rotation players from last years Final 4 team. This new group has a chance to make the same run. Only lacking overall size they had last year but so much quicker this year with the 3 guard line up. Hope a low D1 takes a shot with that group of coaches. They have shown over 20 years they can coach at the D2 level.
    That’s what I’m talking about. A few more wins creates space to justify ongoing mediocrity. We need a staff that can recruit good players. I’m so tired of not having anyone who can score in the post and block some shots.

That’s what I’m talking about. A few more wins creates space to justify ongoing mediocrity. We need a staff that can recruit good players. I’m so tired of not having anyone who can score in the post and block some shots.
    It's ugly right now. No doubt about that. It honestly may be time for a change. The lack of talent is mind boggling right now. I've gotten close to just giving up on watching games, which tells me there's a problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12