Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Holly, Mi
    Posts
    871
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    11322

    Default Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    On espn3. Hopefully we make them sweat a little like we made MSU last year.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Looter View Post
    On espn3. Hopefully we make them sweat a little like we made MSU last year.
    It's tough. They make sure you can't surprise them. You even have to send them video of your preseason practices.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.


  4. #4

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Just saw the final score...yikes

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    By the way, that yikes was not intended as a knock against Ferris. It was just a from the heart yikes.

  6. Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    it was nice to see KWC won their scrimmage today :)

    Do not use up all your yikes I suspect you will need them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Duke always has basketball talent, but he has some freakish athletes this year. I wouldn't read too much into this result. Williamson would start at the four for the Wizards right now and that is no lie. And he is not the only piece of talent they have. Barrett and Reddish are no slouches.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Duke always has basketball talent, but he has some freakish athletes this year. I wouldn't read too much into this result. Williamson would start at the four for the Wizards right now and that is no lie. And he is not the only piece of talent they have. Barrett and Reddish are no slouches.
    Agreed. That's like the D2 football champ playing Alabama. Result would be the same (or worse).

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Duke always has basketball talent, but he has some freakish athletes this year. I wouldn't read too much into this result. Williamson would start at the four for the Wizards right now and that is no lie. And he is not the only piece of talent they have. Barrett and Reddish are no slouches.
    Not saying anyone should read too much into this game, but Duke has lottery picks every year. When we played them in '14 they had Parker who was the #2 overall pick in '15, Hood who was the 23rd overall pick in '15, and Ojeleye who ended up being a 2nd rounder in 2017. There's been some pretty good blowouts in this game in the past, but I don't think the margin has ever been anywhere close to 90 pts. You have to lay down to give up 130 in a college game.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Not saying anyone should read too much into this game, but Duke has lottery picks every year. When we played them in '14 they had Parker who was the #2 overall pick in '15, Hood who was the 23rd overall pick in '15, and Ojeleye who ended up being a 2nd rounder in 2017. There's been some pretty good blowouts in this game in the past, but I don't think the margin has ever been anywhere close to 90 pts. You have to lay down to give up 130 in a college game.
    Duke also recently beat (D2) CIAA power Virginia Union but it was 'only' 104-66.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Duke also recently beat (D2) CIAA power Virginia Union but it was 'only' 104-66.
    Virginia Union hasn’t been a national power in years, but there’s a huge difference between a 38 point margin and a 84 point margin.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by DUPanther View Post
    Virginia Union hasn’t been a national power in years, but there’s a huge difference between a 38 point margin and a 84 point margin.
    Right. I said CIAA power ... not national. I just put the D2 in parentheses for those who had never heard of them.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Noticed the kid from Ferris didn't play for Xavier last night. Is he hurt? Hope he didn't transfer to sit?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,740
    Rep Power
    236138

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Wow! Last year NW only lost 93-60. Looking forward to the Bearcats vs Bulldogs game this Sunday in St Joseph MO.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Noticed the kid from Ferris didn't play for Xavier last night. Is he hurt? Hope he didn't transfer to sit?
    Must have been injury because he was listed as starting in the pre game write up

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,316
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: Ferris-Duke tomorrow 4pm.

    Final: Duke 118 Kentucky 84. That is a 34-point margin of victory over the #2 rated Division I team. That was UK they destroyed, not Clemson or Georgia Tech.

    Again, this is a totally different Coach K team....not a bunch of Reddicks and so forth......it is a team with 3 lottery picks in the starting five. If Williamson didn't play with Barrett and Reddish, he would average 35 a game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •