Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Contribute to D2

Default Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Discuss any game here. I figure I would get it started.

I know a lot of people picked AB to beat Malone. I was a whip-and-a-whisker from picking Malone to win. Alderson Broaddus has not played a complete game on the road. I actually think Malone has the edge the more I research this game. Both programs are improved although the records don't necessarily show it. Malone got an impressive road win last weekend. ABU gave Findlay all they wanted. This is a pivotal game for both teams as far as how they end the season.

Default Re: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Discuss any game here. I figure I would get it started.

I know a lot of people picked AB to beat Malone. I was a whip-and-a-whisker from picking Malone to win. Alderson Broaddus has not played a complete game on the road. I actually think Malone has the edge the more I research this game. Both programs are improved although the records don't necessarily show it. Malone got an impressive road win last weekend. ABU gave Findlay all they wanted. This is a pivotal game for both teams as far as how they end the season.

Malone beat a putrid Millersville. Nothing impressive. AB should rip them.

The big game in the GMAC will be next Saturday when Tiffin travels to Hillsdale. I'm certain that Hillsdale Head Coach Keith Otterbein is not overlooking this week's opponent Kentucky Wesleyan, but the Chargers are at home, and the Panthers are the "undercat." It will be interesting to see if national columnist Bob Eblan gives mention of the game, and who he might pick as the winner. I'm guessing that he'll pick Tiffin, and that he'll pick Indy for the Chargers last game of the season. Too bad that the GMAC does not have a columnist/blogger. Mostly, our conference is not on the national radar and the only way we'll get there is to make a deep run in the playoffs, IMHO.

4. Default Re: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

The conference is still young. If the GMAC can continue to have success, it will gain more notoriety. If things remain as is, I would imagine that next week’s game between Hillsdale and Tiffin, would be a nationally spotlighted game; as would the Hillsdale UIndy game the week after.

5. Default Re: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Yes good guess Hillsdale against Tiffin should be a good game. I agree national recognition will come when the GMAC contributes teams to the playoffs. Doesn't matter what GMAC team, just that we compete. We have he start of something great here. American football started the best in Ohio, and again Grand Valley in the GLIAC will again say, we never played anyone good, its time to burst their and everyone else's bubble. A few potential NFL players have come from D2, overlooked, and or underprivileged. Regardless, most of these kids in D2 put it on the line to play after H.S. and have found a home. Doesn't matter that we may not be NFL material, its all about character and the love for the game. I rather watch d2 football thatn the browns, because its more exciting. Go Tiffin

It is still insanely maddening how much I see the “GMAC teams could not compete in the GLIAC so they left” narrative across various conferences’ forums. Only way to shut them up is to succeed on the national level. Beat a GLIAC team in the semis. Take it to the PSAC in the SR1 bracket. I quote Billy Tubbs, the sketchy Oklahoma basketball coach all the time to my students. “Don’t get mad. Get better.”

7. Default Re: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    It is still insanely maddening how much I see the “GMAC teams could not compete in the GLIAC so they left” narrative across various conferences’ forums. Only way to shut them up is to succeed on the national level. Beat a GLIAC team in the semis. Take it to the PSAC in the SR1 bracket. I quote Billy Tubbs, the sketchy Oklahoma basketball coach all the time to my students. “Don’t get mad. Get better.”
    It is an annoying narrative, but as you mentioned, winning will fix that. The problem with that thought process is, outside of two to three teams at the top of the GLIAC standings each year, the other teams are not better than most other teams out there. It is like the SEC in D1; sure, the top teams in the conference are very talented, but the middle/bottom tier is nothing extraordinary. Not to mention, that when you’re a state funded university, that has better facilities, and more money for scholarships, you better be able to compete at a higher level.

Chargers having their way with KWC. 14-0 entering 2nd quarter. Until last possession Panthers had gained 9 yards on six plays. Last Wesleyan drive got to the red zone but stopped on a missed fourth down conversion.

21-0 Chargers. 6:38 (2) Hillsdale with a 16-6 minute advantage in time of possession.

10. Default Re: Week 9 Game Thread and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    Cracks me up... ODU won the gliac what 3 yrs ago ?

Pick by Nate Jones in the end zone ends a Wesleyan threat and the first half. 21-0 Hillsdale.

WTF Tiffin? Hangover after ODU? Looking ahead to the Chargers? Only a 23-21 lead at Lake Erie (4th)

Awful defense by the Battlers against Malone. Just AWFUL! Malone has 48 points and 500 yards.

After narrowly converting on 3rd and long, Tiffin reels off 13 quick points to blow open the game 36-21.

67 yard strike from Stewart to Trey Brock makes it 28-0 Chargers. Early third

34-0 Chargers midway through the 4th. Time to get the twos and threes some playing time.

AB @ Malone has been a shoot out. It's 55-47 Malone with 5:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.
    Go Battlers!

Malone 55 AB 53 with one minute left in the 3rd quarter.
    Go Battlers!

AB has missed three PAT's and a FG and are still only 2 points down at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
    Go Battlers!

AB takes the lead 60-55 over Malone with 5:21 left to play. Wow! This has been a very exciting game.
    Go Battlers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast