Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GNAC Future

Contribute to D2

Default Re: GNAC Future

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    RMAC will not be adding more teams for football and I would rather have WOU stay on the West Coast for games and play the Lone Star in a scheduling agreement. I'm not real high on the RMAC, they've taken 2 GNAC teams. I'm done with them 100%.
    I can appreciate that. I don't know what exactly the appeal for was for Dixie other than sheer numbers of conference games but I definitely see where South Dakota Mines liked the the travel, with Black Hills and Chadron being less than 2 hours and even Mines and CSUP being closer than West Coast. I wish you guys had more D2 football schools out there and this was not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnequaFats View Post
    I can appreciate that. I don't know what exactly the appeal for was for Dixie other than sheer numbers of conference games but I definitely see where South Dakota Mines liked the the travel, with Black Hills and Chadron being less than 2 hours and even Mines and CSUP being closer than West Coast. I wish you guys had more D2 football schools out there and this was not an issue.
    They have enough teams, the GNAC needs to find some NAIA schools to jump. I've heard one Mexican university has applied for D2 status, and another wants to do so, both have football.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

They have enough teams, the GNAC needs to find some NAIA schools to jump. I've heard one Mexican university has applied for D2 status, and another wants to do so, both have football.
    Get UBC to join.

HSU played them last season too: https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...-expand-mexico

Not sure CETY's applied yet, this is all I found where it mentions they petitioned in 2017 and the NCAA allowed applications as of January. I've seen articles where they have said they would be GNAC for football too that were posted on here. Just think, with SD Mines, Dixie State, and HSU if it comes true that would have been 8 teams so double round robin likely gone.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Get UBC to join.
    I think they are waiting on D1 option and attempting to join the Pac-12 as they fit more into that model. I know they'd definitely be someone to look out for in getting to the Frozen Four and their arena hosted Olympic hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    I think they are waiting on D1 option and attempting to join the Pac-12 as they fit more into that model. I know they'd definitely be someone to look out for in getting to the Frozen Four and their arena hosted Olympic hockey.
    Wouldn't PAC12 be a giant step up from U Sports? And American college hockey is far superior to Canadian college hockey. Not that UBC couldn't become a power. They probably would in short order, but it wouldn't be right away. Among other things any current UBC player who had played Major Junior in one of the CHL leagues would not be eligible to play NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Pac-12 isn't adding them and I know a guy who works at UBC: They have no intention or interest of paying coaches $3M a year, building lavish facilities, buying men's basketball players through shoe agents, etc. They've never EVER going to the Pac-12.

8. Default Re: GNAC Future

Pac-12 isn't adding them and I know a guy who works at UBC: They have no intention or interest of paying coaches $3M a year, building lavish facilities, buying men's basketball players through shoe agents, etc. They've never EVER going to the Pac-12.
    Wanker! No reason to be rude too Wildcat Khan. He made a mistake by saying Pac-12 he probably should've been vague and just said NCAA. University of British Columbia has every intention being a member of the NCAA and will happen soon. Football will be dropped when the move is made. So your imaginary friend is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Grill View Post
    Wanker! No reason to be rude too Wildcat Khan. He made a mistake by saying Pac-12 he probably should've been vague and just said NCAA. University of British Columbia has every intention being a member of the NCAA and will happen soon. Football will be dropped when the move is made. So your imaginary friend is wrong.
    I wasn't rude to him, you haven't been on this board long enough to call that. They will not be joining the Pac-12, especially without a football team. There's no other D-1 conference in the west that is going to take a B.C. school with just a hoop program. Why? The WCC isn't taking them, the Big Sky requires football, the Big West is pretty much a Cali-only league, and the WAC goes from Arizona to Missouri and really isn't that good. There's no league to join and people aren't going to gear up their passports for a school that's not going to bump their RPI up any notches. Time to quit calling people wankers and study your NCAA athletics.
    Last edited by tsull; 10-29-2018 at 04:48 PM.

10. Default Re: GNAC Future

I wasn't rude to him, you haven't been on this board long enough to call that. They will not be joining the Pac-12, especially without a football team. There's no other D-1 conference in the west that is going to take a B.C. school with just a hoop program. Why? The WCC isn't taking them, the Big Sky requires football, the Big West is pretty much a Cali-only league, and the WAC goes from Arizona to Missouri and really isn't that good. There's no league to join and people aren't going to gear up their passports for a school that's not going to bump their RPI up any notches. Time to quit calling people wankers and study your NCAA athletics.
    Your perspective on Canadian Athletics is infantile. Are you any relation too Trump? Once you make enough false statements you start believing your own lies. University of British Columbia has all sorts of options should they go NCAA. University of British Columbia has money to burn. Big West would take the University of British Columbia in a heartbeat. The key to the move is having sports that fit geographically that's why hockey would be kept over football. They're not going to travel all over the country to support two sports that don't have support geographically. University of Alaska Fairbanks and University of Alaska Anchorage have hockey. But are further away then North and South Dakota or Minnesota. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios once again. Football is easy sport to drop because they would never be competitive even at the FCS level let alone Division 2.

I know guys who worked in the Big West; they're not taking them.

Hey tsull, if I ever make it out to Oregon (a goal of mine, really would like to attend a Timbers match) we can have the inaugural meeting of the Highway Grill Says We're Wankers Club. You in?

In seriousness, if Highway Grill is OK with conversing with me, I read UBC was exploring D2 status in 2007-08 (read on Wikipedia, but there were 2 citations.) Any chance of UBC going that route and hockey being D1, like the Alaska schools, Mankato, Duluth, and Ferris State among others?

I heard a bit about the scheduling agreement when I was at WOU. It's yet to be finalized. Here's how it is proposed -- again, don't take this to the bank, it's what I heard: each GNAC team plays 3 games vs. LSC schools. Two of those games for the GNAC schools will be on the road. Don't blame them, GNAC is the one in dire need here and I'm thankful the LSC is at least considering this. Round robin GNAC plus 3 GNAC teams is 9 games. One can find 1 or 2 more to complete the slate. Thank you, LSC, for helping the GNAC out throughout the years.
    Back to the original topic and not the name calling. This proposal is old news many of us private messaged each other LSC'ers and GNAC'ers that were in the know of this proposal years ago when Humboldt State University voted against the conference scheduling agreement.

I said then Humboldt State University was in desperate trouble financially and football was on the chopping block. Yet yourself and your buddy mocked the information saying it was untrue demanding sources. You don't have to give out sources when you post information that's factual. FYI.. There are other proposals being talked about.

And this is the exact reason why I hardly post anymore. And only do private messaging.

Quote Originally Posted by the tav View Post
    Back to the original topic and not the name calling. This proposal is old news many of us private messaged each other LSC'ers and GNAC'ers that were in the know of this proposal years ago when Humboldt State University voted against the conference scheduling agreement.

I said then Humboldt State University was in desperate trouble financially and football was on the chopping block. Yet yourself and your buddy mocked the information saying it was untrue demanding sources. You don't have to give out sources when you post information that's factual. FYI.. There are other proposals being talked about.

And this is the exact reason why I hardly post anymore. And only do private messaging.
    If they were the key ones against it, them leaving makes sense in it becoming more of a possibility. Right now the scheduling alliance is the best option for the GNAC, but how long will the LSC want to be part of it? We already know CWU is willing to travel halfway across the country for conference games as they did it in the NCC.

Your perspective on Canadian Athletics is infantile. Are you any relation too Trump? Once you make enough false statements you start believing your own lies. University of British Columbia has all sorts of options should they go NCAA. University of British Columbia has money to burn. Big West would take the University of British Columbia in a heartbeat. The key to the move is having sports that fit geographically that's why hockey would be kept over football. They're not going to travel all over the country to support two sports that don't have support geographically. University of Alaska Fairbanks and University of Alaska Anchorage have hockey. But are further away then North and South Dakota or Minnesota. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios once again. Football is easy sport to drop because they would never be competitive even at the FCS level let alone Division 2.
    If UBC were to join NCAA D1 Hockey you've got 2 options WCHA or NCHC. The NCHC would probably stick their nose up, but the WCHA might take them in. The issue is would UBC be willing to travel to Alabama or Bowling Green or Sault St. Marie or any of the medium to small sized cities scattered throughout the country to the East, and the. Turn around and go to Fairbanks and Anchorage.
    Probably a tough sell.

A school cannot enter the NCAA at the Division I level.

Hey tsull, if I ever make it out to Oregon (a goal of mine, really would like to attend a Timbers match) we can have the inaugural meeting of the Highway Grill Says We're Wankers Club. You in?
    Sounds good. I'll bet Grill a 6-pack of Canadian's finest beer that UBC never gets in an NCAA D-1 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy21 View Post
    If UBC were to join NCAA D1 Hockey you've got 2 options WCHA or NCHC. The NCHC would probably stick their nose up, but the WCHA might take them in. The issue is would UBC be willing to travel to Alabama or Bowling Green or Sault St. Marie or any of the medium to small sized cities scattered throughout the country to the East, and the. Turn around and go to Fairbanks and Anchorage.
    Probably a tough sell.
    Not disagreeing as my knowledge of NCHC hockey is that Colorado College hockey has gone to hell in a handbasket since Scott Owens left, but why do you feel (know?) NCHC would not be willing to take UBC? They are the second smallest hockey conference after the Big 10. I know Arizona State is looking to join a conference. UBC and ASU could come in together to keep the membership numbers even.

Not disagreeing as my knowledge of NCHC hockey is that Colorado College hockey has gone to hell in a handbasket since Scott Owens left, but why do you feel (know?) NCHC would not be willing to take UBC? They are the second smallest hockey conference after the Big 10. I know Arizona State is looking to join a conference. UBC and ASU could come in together to keep the membership numbers even.
    Asu is going nowhere until the stadium situation is gone. And the NCHC doesn't just take anyone just to grow. That conference requires devotion to hockey at a whole different level. MSU applied with ASU and we're denied almost immediately. The WCHA would gladly take them if it also led to ASU joining us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast