Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coaching at Mssu

Contribute to D2

Default coaching at Mssu

http://footballscoop.com/news/one-to...ay-hired-away/

If this is true, they should get this done yesterday ... Just my opinion ... (which, I've been told by many, isn't worth 2 cents)

Default Re: coaching at Mssu

Would be a good get

If I remember correctly, Sims was a candidate for the Lindenwood job. I did some research on him seems like it would be a good hire.
    Cool Story Bro

I mean.....if Carl Pelini liked him......

5. Default Re: coaching at Mssu

Sims has been considered a good coach but at the same time he does not have a good reputation within the state of Kansas at all with most high school coaches. He was the ringleader of going away from recruiting Kansas kids when it comes to recruiting within the Jayhawk conference.

So if you got the Missouri Southern job, he probably wouldn’t have much of a recruiting base within Kansas. Not that probably bothers him as he prefers to go elsewhere, like in St. Louis where he is from.

His recruiting wishes with the Jayhawk Confernce has really benefited the 4 Kansas MIAA programs. Even Northwest, Central and Western have more of a presence in Kansas now due to him.

Saw this yesterday on Football Scoop and Twitter.

Any insight into what kind of offense and defense he generally runs. Not that I think that there is a specific offense, or a specific defense that qualifies or disqualifies someone from being a head coach. Just interested and intrigued as to what his teams generally run.

“Everything in football starts at the line of scrimmage and with the running game,” head coach Jeff Sims said. “It gives you a base to do a lot of good things.”

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    LOL! Well, maybe not a "LOT" of good things.

Quote Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
    LOL! Well, maybe not a "LOT" of good things.
    I think they misquoted him. It should probably read:
    "A lot of good things like more running, more running, more running, more running, and more running"

Those definitely look like wishbone stats to me. or something similar

A more recent game. Passed 10 times in it.
    http://www.gobroncbusters.com/sports...81020_fui3.xml

Makes sense. From one Juco to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    Makes sense. From one Juco to another.
    Aww, poor MoSo.

15. Default Re: coaching at Mssu

Quote Originally Posted by BartonTiger View Post
    Sims has been considered a good coach but at the same time he does not have a good reputation within the state of Kansas at all with most high school coaches. He was the ringleader of going away from recruiting Kansas kids when it comes to recruiting within the Jayhawk conference.

So if you got the Missouri Southern job, he probably wouldn’t have much of a recruiting base within Kansas. Not that probably bothers him as he prefers to go elsewhere, like in St. Louis where he is from.

His recruiting wishes with the Jayhawk Confernce has really benefited the 4 Kansas MIAA programs. Even Northwest, Central and Western have more of a presence in Kansas now due to him.
    Great point I am a former HS head coach in Missouri and he does not have a good reputation in Missouri either. He was never truthful with Kansas nor Missouri kids at least in the Kansas City area. MOSO needs to take note of what UNK did and try to find someone with an option background. As a former MIAA position coach the option game is tough to prepare for.

16. Default Re: coaching at Mssu

This guys background doesn't ring true to me. Juco - power conf D1 - D1- back to Juco. There's something wrong with this picture. MOSO has better options

Quote Originally Posted by 3howd View Post
    Great point I am a former HS head coach in Missouri and he does not have a good reputation in Missouri either. He was never truthful with Kansas nor Missouri kids at least in the Kansas City area. MOSO needs to take note of what UNK did and try to find someone with an option background. As a former MIAA position coach the option game is tough to prepare for.
    Like Daryl Daye? Sorry - couldn't resist ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    I mean.....if Carl Pelini liked him......
    "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL..."

@FauxPelini

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
    "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARL..."

@FauxPelini

20. Default Re: coaching at Mssu

It doesn't matter if coaches don't really like recruiting from Kansas for high school football. The state of Kansas traditionally ranks very low on its quality of high school football. There are decent athletes that come from Kansas, but largely the level and quality of Kansas high school football is usually considered nationally pretty weak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast