Thread: Mineral Water Bowl news

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Mineral Water Bowl news

Thought you all would like to know that the MIAA and MWB are no longer affiliated.

You can see a copy of the official letter on my Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1054834358396248064

Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

MIAA get too greedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Thought you all would like to know that the MIAA and MWB are no longer affiliated.

You can see a copy of the official letter on my Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1054834358396248064
    Well this sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    MIAA get too greedy?
    Not sure the details, but it appears to have something to do with the Corsicana Bowl announcement on Oct. 5th regarding highest ranked non-PO teams from the MIAA & LSC teams meeting. I had figured that the MIAA would continue to be affiliated with the MWB. That assumption turned out to be wrong.

5. Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

Excelsior Springs. . . Never knew it could get that cold and still be in Missouri.

Is this some sort of payback for all those years we called it the "Mo West Bowl"?

Nowadays, we can't even get an invite..

Blog Entries

Not sure the details, but it appears to have something to do with the Corsicana Bowl announcement on Oct. 5th regarding highest ranked non-PO teams from the MIAA & LSC teams meeting. I had figured that the MIAA would continue to be affiliated with the MWB. That assumption turned out to be wrong.
    I wonder if the MIAA choose the Corsicana Bowl due to the payout. Just speculation. When I heard about the highest non-PO going to the Corsicana bowl I wondered how the MWB would react.

I would definitely rather head South than hang out on x springs that time of year.

Not necessarily the highest ranked non PO team. Eastern New Mexico finished 3rd in the LSC last yr and didn’t get an invite to any bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Not necessarily the highest ranked non PO team. Eastern New Mexico finished 3rd in the LSC last yr and didn’t get an invite to any bowl.
    Last year was before this Oct 05 2018 announcement.

https://twitter.com/CorsicanaBowl/st...44091044204549

The other is still an at large Bid so who else are they going to pick besides the MIAA. Doesn't make sense to bypass the schools closest to you for someone from the GAC or RMAC and a game featuring the NSIC vs the GLVC (Truman/SBU) would probably suck every year.