Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Mineral Water Bowl news

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    897
    Blog Entries
    72
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    81062

    Default Mineral Water Bowl news

    Thought you all would like to know that the MIAA and MWB are no longer affiliated.

    You can see a copy of the official letter on my Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1054834358396248064

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,340
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    MIAA get too greedy?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    1,465
    Rep Power
    10722

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Thought you all would like to know that the MIAA and MWB are no longer affiliated.

    You can see a copy of the official letter on my Twitter thread: https://twitter.com/ArmoFB/status/1054834358396248064
    Well this sucks.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    MIAA get too greedy?
    Not sure the details, but it appears to have something to do with the Corsicana Bowl announcement on Oct. 5th regarding highest ranked non-PO teams from the MIAA & LSC teams meeting. I had figured that the MIAA would continue to be affiliated with the MWB. That assumption turned out to be wrong.

  5. Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Excelsior Springs. . . Never knew it could get that cold and still be in Missouri.

    Is this some sort of payback for all those years we called it the "Mo West Bowl"?

    Nowadays, we can't even get an invite..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Omaha, NE Area
    Posts
    43,565
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    12500

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Not sure the details, but it appears to have something to do with the Corsicana Bowl announcement on Oct. 5th regarding highest ranked non-PO teams from the MIAA & LSC teams meeting. I had figured that the MIAA would continue to be affiliated with the MWB. That assumption turned out to be wrong.
    I wonder if the MIAA choose the Corsicana Bowl due to the payout. Just speculation. When I heard about the highest non-PO going to the Corsicana bowl I wondered how the MWB would react.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,340
    Rep Power
    640208

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    I would definitely rather head South than hang out on x springs that time of year.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Quote Originally Posted by Armo Wood View Post
    Not sure the details, but it appears to have something to do with the Corsicana Bowl announcement on Oct. 5th regarding highest ranked non-PO teams from the MIAA & LSC teams meeting. I had figured that the MIAA would continue to be affiliated with the MWB. That assumption turned out to be wrong.
    Not necessarily the highest ranked non PO team. Eastern New Mexico finished 3rd in the LSC last yr and didn’t get an invite to any bowl.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,812
    Rep Power
    267474

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Not necessarily the highest ranked non PO team. Eastern New Mexico finished 3rd in the LSC last yr and didn’t get an invite to any bowl.
    Last year was before this Oct 05 2018 announcement.

    https://twitter.com/CorsicanaBowl/st...44091044204549

  10. #10

    Default Re: Mineral Water Bowl news

    The other is still an at large Bid so who else are they going to pick besides the MIAA. Doesn't make sense to bypass the schools closest to you for someone from the GAC or RMAC and a game featuring the NSIC vs the GLVC (Truman/SBU) would probably suck every year.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •