3. Grand Valley State (7-1, 5-1)
    4. Northwest Missouri State (7-1, 7-1)
    5. Indianapolis (6-1, 6-1)
    6. Southern Arkansas (7-1, 7-1)
    7. Fort Hays State (6-2, 6-2)
    8. Harding (6-2, 6-2)
    9. Pittsburg State (6-2, 6-2)
    10. Saginaw Valley State (6-2, 6-2)

The Holy Roman Empire: It wasn't Holy, it wasn't Roman, it wasn't an Empire...Discuss...

Default Re: First Set of Seedings

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
    SUPER REGION THREE
    1. Ferris State (8-0, 7-0)
    2. Ouachita Baptist (8-0, 8-0)
    3. Grand Valley State (7-1, 5-1)
    4. Northwest Missouri State (7-1, 7-1)
    5. Indianapolis (6-1, 6-1)
    6. Southern Arkansas (7-1, 7-1)
    7. Fort Hays State (6-2, 6-2)
    8. Harding (6-2, 6-2)
    9. Pittsburg State (6-2, 6-2)
    10. Saginaw Valley State (6-2, 6-2)

The Holy Roman Empire: It wasn't Holy, it wasn't Roman, it wasn't an Empire...Discuss...
    Ahh. No S&T. Committe. Just saying we’re gonna keep taking 2-2-2-1

Quote Originally Posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Ahh. No S&T. Committe. Just saying we’re gonna keep taking 2-2-2-1
    Don't play an FCS team. Get an out of conference opponent that actually counts and get an extra W in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Don't play an FCS team. Get an out of conference opponent that actually counts and get an extra W in the numbers.
    Fort Hays still has NWMSU. Looks like HU might slide into the 7 again. The GAC could get 3 teams in? What will ever happen to this board if the little ole GAC gets 3 teams.

I hope it stays like this. We would see the following:

Ferris with a bye

NWMS hosts UIndy, winner to Ferris

Ouachita hosts Fort Hays
    GVSU hosts Southern Arkansas

With, potentially, this as the second round:

Ferris hosting NWMS
    Ouachita hosting GVSU

INJECT IT IN MY VEINS.

I hope it stays like this. We would see the following:

Ferris with a bye

NWMS hosts UIndy, winner to Ferris

Ouachita hosts Fort Hays
    GVSU hosts Southern Arkansas

Without a doubt, this would end up with a set of second round games as follows:

Ferris vs NWMS
    GVSU vs Fort Hays

INJECT IT IN MY VEINS.
    Fort hays will lose one more.

Fort hays will lose one more.
    Probably. I was just trying to get an OBU person to bite on me saying they'd lose. I've adjusted my prediction.

I'd be curious to know what the difference is between Ferris and OBU, and then OBU and GVSU.

I'm wondering if, *IF* GV gets through SVSU and Ashland with wins, if those numbers would boost GV ahead of OBU. I don't think it would, but just curious. Plus, they end the season with that black hole of an SOS mark in Wayne, so. And OBU plays SAU yet.

Fort Hays still has NWMSU. Looks like HU might slide into the 7 again. The GAC could get 3 teams in? What will ever happen to this board if the little ole GAC gets 3 teams.
    It would implode. I almost want to see that just as much as I want to see HU get in.

Quote Originally Posted by codeblack View Post
    It would implode. I almost want to see that just as much as I want to see HU get in.
    Hopefully if it happens, they’ll let HU and OBU play round 1 to get rid of one of the GAC qualifiers. To quote Kle “INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS.”

Hopefully if it happens, they’ll let HU and OBU play round 1 to get rid of one of the GAC qualifiers. To quote Kle “INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS.”
    I said it in another thread but if that happened I’d tailgate for three days in preparation. Surely things can’t fall into place two years in a row.

I'd be curious to know what the difference is between Ferris and OBU, and then OBU and GVSU.

I'm wondering if, *IF* GV gets through SVSU and Ashland with wins, if those numbers would boost GV ahead of OBU. I don't think it would, but just curious. Plus, they end the season with that black hole of an SOS mark in Wayne, so. And OBU plays SAU yet.
    My guess is that once the nullification procedure is factored in, OBU and Ferris switch places. Ferris could drop even farther. I would guess that they would be below GV - but the H2H would bump them up.

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    My guess is that once the nullification procedure is factored in, OBU and Ferris switch places. Ferris could drop even farther. I would guess that they would be below GV - but the H2H would bump them up.
    IF it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by OBUGrad View Post
    IF it happens.
    it will happen. Especially because they self reported and it was several weeks before the final Regional Rankings come out. I am sure that there was discussion on whether or not to do it now or before the final rankings.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    it will happen. Especially because they self reported and it was several weeks before the final Regional Rankings come out. I am sure that there was discussion on whether or not to do it now or before the final rankings.
    If it happens, wouldn't it drop XSU totally out... not enough games to qualify?

But I do wonder how GV got placed above NW. (No clue how SOS is used this season and GV has a worse IN REGION record) I'll take it though. And I also wonder if in the future GV could jump OBU if OBU stumbles (possible) and GV wins out. I sure would love that issue to come up. Interesting weeks sure are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    If it happens, wouldn't drop them totally out... not enough games to qualify?

But I do wonder how GV got placed above NW. (No clue how SOS is used this season and GV has a worse IN REGION record) I'll take it though. And I also wonder if in the future GV could jump OBU if OBU stumbles (possible) and GV wins out. I sure would love that issue to come up. Interesting weeks sure are coming.
    They placed GV ahead of NW for maximum effect for the last ranking when NW jumps GV and the Lakers have to travel to Maryville.....

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    They placed GV ahead of NW for maximum effect for the last ranking when NW jumps GV and the Lakers have to travel to Maryville.....
    Been there done that

Blog Entries

Slight edge to GV in SOS, but the kicker seems to be the road record, which you nailed earlier last week. Also GV gets a bump for the noncon win against Indy.

http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/ex.../staticpdfrank

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Slight edge to GV in SOS, but the kicker seems to be the road record, which you nailed earlier last week. Also GV gets a bump for the noncon win against Indy.

http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/ex.../staticpdfrank

In speaking with some people who know how the NCAA works, what I have pieced together from their insights is that the selection committees utilize the nullification penalties when they are in the process of doing the regional rankings. My guess it that since the NCAA investigation into the incident can take months to get everything straightened out, this is a way of the NCAA giving themselves an out. Ultimately in the end, when the final NCAA investigation becomes official and they have to forfeit/vacate those wins - I can see the NCAA also forcing them to vacate any post season games as well, since they shouldn't have been there, but that is just my speculation.
    http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...t_20180827.pdf
    Pain is a gift Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    OBU has UAM, SAU, Henderson left
    SAU has Henderson, Ouchita, UAM left
    Harding has ECU, SEOSU, ATU left

Saginaw has GV, Northwood, Davenport left (Might be the toughest row to hoe left)
    GV has SVSU, Ashland, WSU left
    Ferris has Wayne St, Davenport, Billy J left

Indy has SBU, TSU, Hillsdale (GO Truman!!!)
    S and T has Lincoln, McKendree, TSU left (GO Truman!!!)

NW has NSu, HAYS, UCM
    Hays has LU, NW, NSU
    Pitt Has MW, WU, MoSo left
    UCO has Moso NSU, ESU
    MW has PSU, UNK, LU left
    Did this for the MIAA board.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast