Contribute to D2

Default washburn

34-0 final uco....more to come later.

Default Re: washburn

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo slice View Post
    34-0 final uco....more to come later.
    Wow

I wasn't surprised that UCO beat Washburn, but was really surprised by the 34-0 margin. I thought it might be like a 38-24 win, something like that. UCO is really becoming a very strong program again.
    Northwest Missouri State University
    BEARCATS

Quote Originally Posted by BEARCAT View Post
    I wasn't surprised that UCO beat Washburn, but was really surprised by the 34-0 margin. I thought it might be like a 38-24 win, something like that. UCO is really becoming a very strong program again.
    They seem to do this late in the year every year.

idr them ever playing this well since joining the league, always thought it was a product of the sched in prev yrs.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    idr them ever playing this well since joining the league, always thought it was a product of the sched in prev yrs.
    They have jumped up and beat an upper team, then finished really strong every year for the last 3 or 4.

I always kind of wondered if it was from being too transfer heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    They seem to do this late in the year every year.
    aye. we do. this year has been a little different I think. I understand injuries and loss happen to every team but, I think it has hit us a little harder than usual. we lost one of the defensive leaders back in march to a random shooting in a gas station parking lot. he was finished playing but he was allegedly going to be a GA and was a well liked player. Over summer, we lost another projected starter at DT to yet another knee injury and then lost our anchor to the defensive line that has been a starter since the day he stepped on campus in 2015.... in less than 6months we lost a past leader, current leader in carson smith and a mammoth 6'5" 340 lb tipsword all at dt then last month we lost our starting safety in loccident to a freak accident.
    offense starts out losing 2 multi year starters on oline, Stallard and jt luper and josh crockett. there was quite a bit to get up to speed. our number 3 option last season for WR has been in and out of the lineup because of a torn labrum (I think) and had season ending surgery 2 weeks ago. both number1 and number2 qbs have been /are out of commission at this point going forward. (garrett may be back before the season is over.)and left tackle and center have been banged up a few times this season (in fact were both out against washburn)
    defense was going to be the rock of the team this year while we got experience for the young offense and it seems like we have had to find playmakers on defense as well because of our losses. like ive mentioned a couple of times this year, I think we are (POTENTIALLY) a better TEAM than the last couple of years. obviously, its just taken us a little bit to get things rolling. well see how we finish but so far, things are looking pretty good.