Thread: Week 8 Game Updates

Default Week 8 Game Updates

I know JD typically does this (sorry JD), but figured I’d start a thread as a couple of late games are getting ready to kick off, specially ODU/Tiffin.

Currently, only Kentucky Wesleyan and Lake Erie are playing, at the half the score is 19-6 Wesleyan according to the D2 website.

2. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

3-0 ODU early in the first. Tiffin pints their first possession. ODU’s second possession near midfield.

3. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Nice drive by Tiffin after forcing an ODU punt. Tiffin ends up settling for a field goal attempt inside the 10, 3-3 after 1.

Millersville/Malone tied at 3 a piece late in the first.

On a side note, the wind is going to play a factor in this one, as it is blowing the video camera around for the stream.

4. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Tiffin’s QB did a nice job attacking the ODU’s zone, hitting a seam route in stride, getting Tiffin to the 1, where the dragons would punch it in. 10-3 Dragons early in the second.

5. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Poor clock management by ODU, right before half cost them at least 3. Tiffin up at half 10-3. What has surprised me most so far, is Tiffin’s defense. They seem to be all over the field, and playing disciplined defense (first game I’ve watched of theirs).

Malone and Millersville knotted up at 17 a piece at the half.
    Last edited by oilerftbll; 10-20-2018 at 04:16 PM.

6. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

ODU making alot of mistakes, and a terrible play call before the half. ODU letting Tiffin stay in the game.

7. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Both teams score TDs coming out of half, 17-10 Tiffin

8. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Both teams trade scores again 24-17 Tiffin in the 4th

Malone taking control in the second half, up 31-17...keep it up Malone!

9. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Crazy sequence, Tiffin fumbles the ball in their own end zone, ODU recovers for a TD, but then Tiffin blocks the extra point. 24-23 Tiffin late in the 4th.

10. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Tiffin holds ODU on their final drive. Tiffin will win 24-23. Great game by both teams, much respect to Tiffin.

Millersville has charged back in the fourth in their game, and has taken a 34-31 lead about halfway through the final quarter.

11. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Great Game, I think alot of very bad coaching decisions on ODUs part. Look like interference on the last pass. Way to many penalties, cost ODU this one

12. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

It looks like Malone had a hell of a red zone/goal line stand to end the game. From the play by play stats, it looks like Millersville had 7 cracks at the end zone (3 from the five, then extended with a DPI, and 4 from the 2/3 yard line) to end the game. Malone represents the GMAC with a great stand 38-34.

Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Hillsdale up 7-6 at the half against Walsh. Hillsdale has outgained Walsh by a pretty good margin, but the score is what counts.

The Malone win is a nice one. I got it wrong in the pick’em, but don’t care. Congrats Malone!

Hillsdale scores early in the 3rd Q to make it 14-6.

16. Default Re: Week 8 Game Updates

Walsh is a tricky team. Their record is not, but as I mentioned in the pick em’ thread, the combined difference in their games against Tiffin and ODU, was 17 points.

Hillsdale now up 28-6. This one looks over.

28-9 final as Hillsdale wins.

Weather was a big factor in the first half of the Chargers and Cavaliers game. It felt a lot like watching Michigan yesterday. Hillsdale was outgaining them but wasn’t putting anything on the scoreboard. It came together nicely in the second half.

Nice win Pioneers.

Looking forward to the Dragons coming to Hillsdale in a couple of weeks.