Thread: Conference team stats....

Contribute to D2

Default Conference team stats....

So, just trying to get to know the conference I'll be paying attention to next year.

I see that Indy likes to play a solid defensive game.... better teams that win consistently generally do.

I did notice that McKendree is the top scoring team in the conference with a QB that's putting up pretty ridiculous numbers. Looking at their schedule, it seems that if they could assemble even a little bit of defense, they might be undefeated right now.
    Cool Story Bro

Default Re: Conference team stats....

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    So, just trying to get to know the conference I'll be paying attention to next year.

I see that Indy likes to play a solid defensive game.... better teams that win consistently generally do.

I did notice that McKendree is the top scoring team in the conference with a QB that's putting up pretty ridiculous numbers. Looking at their schedule, it seems that if they could assemble even a little bit of defense, they might be undefeated right now.
    My cliffnotes version of each team:

UIndy: Balanced offense, defense plays well, always seems to be game planned and matches up well against opponent.
    McKendree: Offense typically a strong-suit, defense typically not as much, always competitive.
    Missouri S&T: Up and down. Sometimes offense is solid, other times not; same to be said about defense. Hovers around 4-5 league wins typically.
    Quincy: Had a good run of offense for a couple of years but has struggled lately. Defense has been OK but trending down past couple of years.
    Southwest Baptist: Traditionally you have to beat them in a shootout -- not the case this year. Tough to beat in Bolivar.
    Truman: Hasn't had a passing game in a few years. Looks to establish the line of scrimmage. Defense consistently above average. Special teams always is a strength.
    William Jewell: Defense always seems to be an issue. Offense has traditionally been spotty -- could score 35, could score 3.