Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome, Rogers State University

Contribute to D2

Default Welcome, Rogers State University

The Hillcats will join the MIAA as associate members in 2019-20:

https://rsuhillcats.com/news/2018/10...20-season.aspx

Not a football school.

2. Default Re: Welcome, Rogers State University

I'm not sure what to make of this new direction the MIAA is taking by adding a 2nd non football school ?

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Welcome, Rogers State University

Quote Originally Posted by Mulas View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of this new direction the MIAA is taking by adding a 2nd non football school ?
    My thoughts exactly. Why are they adding a non-football school?

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post

Not a football school.
    and yet still better at it than Northeastern Oklahoma

This will start forcing the hand of the schools on the northern fringes like MW and NW. It's unfortunate that the MIAA is doing this when there are schools much closer to the overall footprint of the MIAA.

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    This will start forcing the hand of the schools on the northern fringes like MW and NW. It's unfortunate that the MIAA is doing this when there are schools much closer to the overall footprint of the MIAA.
    What do you mean by forcing their hand?
    Cool Story Bro

Claremore is just north of Tulsa. Good replacement for nsu

Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    and yet still better at it than Northeastern Oklahoma
    Forgot the "State"... NSU please...

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Claremore is just north of Tulsa. Good replacement for nsu
    Good fit only if MIAA is going to split the conference into north and south divisions for basketball and/or NSU announces they are leaving MIAA. The whole idea was to control costs, not expand footprint and add travel expenses?

Is this the first defection from the Mega LSC?

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

As an Okie...

Why just why???

Okay seriously, I don't know how good RSU has been since they joined D-II. I personally would've liked to see Oklahoma Christian or (NAIA) OKCU. But deep down, I always figured another Okie school would join the MIAA. Never guessed it would've been them though.

This if anything suggests NSU will stay, because Claremore isn't that far from Tahlequah.
    Go Bronchos!

I don't see this as expanding the footprint since Rogers State is north from NSU and is closer to all MIAA schools except maybe Hays and Kearney than UCO. It also keeps the numbers even, 12 football and 2 non-football.

Rogers us actually a better fit geographicly than nsu. It's 20 Miles NE of Tulsa and sits on I 44.

It is a stretch facility and tradition wise though.
    The biggest thing I think it has going for it is a
    men's soccer program to help fill out conference schedule. Men's basketball had some naia success.

What are schools in the footprint that would have been better? I would like to hear the arguments because they might be pretty good. I can see why there is some concern from northern half of conference. We actually don't need more football unless we split into divisions or get way bigger and have to split.

But the rsu move as I can see is best way to fill out the conference after Newman decision. Wouldn't make sense without that

The GAC and the MIAA will have a partnership for men's soccer and men's tennis starting in 2019-20. Soccer will be administered by the GAC while tennis is administered by the MIAA. Rogers State is the ninth team in the GAC-MIAA soccer conference and tennis will have ten teams. Upper Iowa is currently a MIAA soccer affiliate but I don't know how this arrangement affects them.

Conference Carolinas and South Atlantic have the same arrangement. Field Hockey is a SAC sport and Wrestling is a CC sport.

Who are the much closer schools? I assume you are talking about one of the GLVC schools in western Missouri. I don't see any reason for one of those schools to want to leave the GLVC. There are more Missouri schools in the GLVC than the MIAA.

Good fit only if MIAA is going to split the conference into north and south divisions for basketball and/or NSU announces they are leaving MIAA. The whole idea was to control costs, not expand footprint and add travel expenses?
    I didn't hear you complain when UNO was added? That expanded the Conference North. If the Conference was sensitive to travel they wouldn't have added UNK or LU. That stretched the Conference West and East.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Boys View Post
    The GAC and the MIAA will have a partnership for men's soccer and men's tennis starting in 2019-20. Soccer will be administered by the GAC while tennis is administered by the MIAA. Rogers State is the ninth team in the GAC-MIAA soccer conference and tennis will have ten teams. Upper Iowa is currently a MIAA soccer affiliate but I don't know how this arrangement affects them.

Conference Carolinas and South Atlantic have the same arrangement. Field Hockey is a SAC sport and Wrestling is a CC sport.
    How is the quality of men's soccer in the GAC-MIAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    How is the quality of men's soccer in the GAC-MIAA?
    Is there good and bad soccer?

I was hoping for something like RSU comes in for bball, NSU and lincoln leave for football only but stay for other sports?

I'm also curious what schools people think would be close for the Northernmost schools? Are there some in IA or something?

If travel cost was a primary concern, they would have tried to keep SBU and Lincoln for sure. Probably wouldn't have added the extremes of LWU/Hays or UCO/UNK either.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast