Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: I almost pity the panthers right now.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    33,817
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    375786

    Default I almost pity the panthers right now.

    I wouldn't envy them. faced with the task of needing to beat a team who's fans can easily take over their home stadium twice over, and players all likely to be in a fowl mood after letting the game against Ferris slip away from them? Woe onto them I say.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    David vrs Goliath?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    133

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    upon looking at this a little closer. David doesn't have a big enough stone.

  4. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

    Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

    NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    24,844
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

    Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

    NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.
    northwood will not win a lot of games down the stretch...they will beat wayne but not svsu or at michigan tech in the snow

  6. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Ia team who's fans can easily take over their home stadium twice over,
    I am looking forward to seeing a pic of the visitors side hill for this contest.

  7. #7

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by OhioD2 View Post
    I am looking forward to seeing a pic of the visitors side hill for this contest.
    I'm sure GV fans will trickle into the main seats. There really is no true home or away side in college football, despite most stadium designs and ticket sales indicating that there is.

  8. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    players all likely to be in a fowl mood after letting the game against Ferris slip away from them?
    Fowl mood? Does that mean the players feel like birds?

  9. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    All I know is regardless of the score, GVSU better strap 'em up pretty tight for this. DU plays with a serious edge and they will come and hit you for sure. Spark does a great job of getting whoever is playing to play with a swagger.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,433
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

    Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

    NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.
    Strange they would use a year of eligibility on a freshman QB so he could go 0-3 passing and run for 2 yards.

  11. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    I'm sure GV fans will trickle into the main seats. There really is no true home or away side in college football, despite most stadium designs and ticket sales indicating that there is.
    I am sure you are looking at your ticket but mine has assigned seating on it just like a GV game...there will be none of that seat trickle on the DU watch.

  12. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by GLIACWatcher View Post
    All I know is regardless of the score, GVSU better strap 'em up pretty tight for this. DU plays with a serious edge and they will come and hit you for sure. Spark does a great job of getting whoever is playing to play with a swagger.
    In listening to coach Mitchell he has said that this is not an easy game. I am sure that GVSU will give DU complete focus and respect as their D is very solid and Sparky knows his football. For a young program they have done well and with their budget they will only get better...FAST!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,159
    Rep Power
    2048

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    They have a good size offensive line, and seem pretty solid on the defensive line too... Not sure what happened with their Northwood loss, but I'm sure they will be fired up to take on the hallowed GVSU program. I think this may be a more competitive game than a blowout. But I give the nod to the Lakers; their post season plans would hit a serious roadblock if they lose this one.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)
    Posts
    6,998
    Rep Power
    88199

    Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    I am sure you are looking at your ticket but mine has assigned seating on it just like a GV game...there will be none of that seat trickle on the DU watch.
    true that.. but if the smaller side is sold out, and I was looking for a ticket, I'd end up buying it on the "other" side. I also thought they were moving in temp. bleachers. I wonder who gets those seats? Students? (band maybe?) I didn't look when I bought my tixs.

    I do wonder if there will be much of a crowd anyway. There is that, uhem, other game going on. Plus weather looks on the edge. I do hope that GV support is larger than the DU one, but it may not be as large as some are thinking.

  15. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    As a DU fan, just wanted to get above .500 and they will achieve that. Last weeks NU game, took a lot out of DU, I don't think they came mentally prepared. Fumbling 5 times, 2 or 3 interceptions. Over the last few weeks they have lost 2-3 starting D-lineman, and a LBer. First quarter of the game Saturday, the lost 2 RB on back to back plays and lost their best WR as well in the game.. For the first time, the team really missed not have Deondre Ford at QB. Majewski been serviceable, but this past week, they seem to be running a lot more wildcat w/ Powers - which makes me think they don't trust Maj. The lost their starting center as well. Now you got to play GVSU without your best players.. Going to be a long long afternoon. As a DU fan, just want to be competitive, you have give Sparky 4-5 years to get his recruits in before you start evaluating. GVSU losing -- they just might put a 60 spot the board.

    Either way - the next 4 weeks will tell us a lot about the DU -- they just need to compete, and not turn the ball over -- good chance you might see true freshman Daniels at QB as well, kid has a canon...

    NU going to win a lot of games down the stretch as well, as they have already been through the gauntlet.
    Excuses. Everyone has injuries. Especially this time of the year. GV was without there starting left tackle and D tackle vs. Ferris. They made no excuses. They just went out and played a great game in a loss. Next man up. Excuses are for losers. Just a week ago Davenport were world beaters. 1 loss latter nothing but excuses.

  16. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    No need to lecture DU fans about excuses lol. Everyone knows they got their wins against weaker teams but losing that many guys when you’re an infant program will have a much bigger effect than on a program like GV.

    Anyway, I’m hoping GV comes out fired up and doesn’t underestimate their opponent. I’m excited to check out DU’s stadium and see how our guys bounce back from the tough loss, but if it’s pouring I’ll be staying home. Right now looks like just wind

  17. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    No need to lecture DU fans about excuses lol. Everyone knows they got their wins against weaker teams but losing that many guys when you’re an infant program will have a much bigger effect than on a program like GV.

    Anyway, I’m hoping GV comes out fired up and doesn’t underestimate their opponent. I’m excited to check out DU’s stadium and see how our guys bounce back from the tough loss, but if it’s pouring I’ll be staying home. Right now looks like just wind
    I was going to call you a ***** for staying home if it rains, but then it appears I would be banned from the board for calling you that...so I will go with the often used fair weather fan deal instead.

  18. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    I was going to call you a ***** for staying home if it rains, but then it appears I would be banned from the board for calling you that...so I will go with the often used fair weather fan deal instead.
    Ha I go to every home game and a few road ones every year... but if it’s cold and raining for an away game? My couch has a great view

  19. Default Re: I almost pity the panthers right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    Ha I go to every home game and a few road ones every year... but if it’s cold and raining for an away game? My couch has a great view
    *****

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •