Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking at SR1 Contenders

Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

Surprised that ODU was left out again. What has me more fired up, is the disrespect to only put one GMAC team in the playoffs. I felt that the GMAC did respectable outside of he conference. Unless I am missing something on the criteria, I thought for sure that either Tiffin or ODU would make it in, in addition to Hillsdale.

2. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

No pressure but we really need Hillsdale to win a couple playoff games.

Quote Originally Posted by oilerftbll View Post
    Surprised that ODU was left out again. What has me more fired up, is the disrespect to only put one GMAC team in the playoffs. I felt that the GMAC did respectable outside of he conference. Unless I am missing something on the criteria, I thought for sure that either Tiffin or ODU would make it in, in addition to Hillsdale.
    So true. Absolutely no respect for the GMAC. I believe the Tiffin coach was on the committee. I would love to see the actual numbers used by the committee. There are 2 computer ranking websites who had ODU 4 an 5 in the region. ODU would be favored over 4 or 5 of the 7 teams that made it.

Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    No pressure but we really need Hillsdale to win a couple playoff games.
    I like our chances. Hillsdale still played really well at Indy coming off the emotion of winning the league the week before. One play on special teams was the real difference maker.

It's time this league got the respect it deserves. Chargers need to go out and establish that.
    Hillsdale ‘94

5. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

Quote Originally Posted by Caspy View Post
    I would love to see the actual numbers used by the committee.
    Would also. Thought the Ashland win would help them against any other two loss school.
    The bottom of the GMAC probably is worse than the bottom of the PSAC west for CPU points.

6. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

Fairmont State is also ranked 3rd in the region one in scoring offense & defense (39 and 18). That’s also 15th & 20th Nationally.

Quote Originally Posted by every1ftballfan View Post
    Fairmont State is also ranked 3rd in the region one in scoring offense & defense (39 and 18). That’s also 15th & 20th Nationally.
    You post the same thing in every forum. lol

8. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    You post the same thing in every forum. lol
    Each conference needs to know this. Answer is appropriate in each forum.

Each conference needs to know this. Answer is appropriate in each forum.
    It's also incredibly flawed logic considering their only OOC game was a 2-8 Stonehill team.

Not a criteria for consideration...and that is true in all of the other forums too.
    Hillsdale ‘94

11. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

The @ODUPanthersFB team closes the regular season ranked #22 in the @WeAreAFCA poll. ODU is one of two top-25 teams denied an @NCAADII postseason bid and are the fourth-highest ranked of the Super Region One teams. ODU finishes with higher SOS than all but two SR1 playoff

Go win this thing Chargers!

Quote Originally Posted by HeftyLefty View Post
    The @ODUPanthersFB team closes the regular season ranked #22 in the @WeAreAFCA poll. ODU is one of two top-25 teams denied an @NCAADII postseason bid and are the fourth-highest ranked of the Super Region One teams. ODU finishes with higher SOS than all but two SR1 playoff
    This is just very disappointing for the seniors who played for ODU the last 2 years. There is no doubt that we could have competed for the regional championship the last year and this year and were not given that opportunity.

Of the five 9-2 teams, Hillsdale had the best OWP and beat ODU, so they get #6. All good there.

But then the MEC commissioner/NCAA Division II football chair said that of the remaining four teams, ODU had the best OWP, but lost to Tiffin. They couldn't put Tiffin in over ODU since Tiffin's OWP was bad. So rather than make a tough decision between those two schools, they just tossed them aside and chose between Slippery Rock and Fairmont. Cowardly.

How many football scholarships does Hillsdale have?

16. Default Re: Looking at SR1 Contenders

I just look at the fact that ODU was sitting at 8th or 9th going in to the weekend, granted they didn’t gain anything by who they played, but there was enough chaos ahead of them, that it seemed all-but certain that they would jump in, unless they kept Tiffin in.

This is all of you slap fighting over who from SR1 is a contender!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Go win this thing Chargers!
    I am up for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    But then the MEC commissioner/NCAA Division II football chair said that of the remaining four teams, ODU had the best OWP, but lost to Tiffin. They couldn't put Tiffin in over ODU since Tiffin's OWP was bad. So rather than make a tough decision between those two schools, they just tossed them aside and chose between Slippery Rock and Fairmont. Cowardly.
    Is this legit? So the MEC commish tossed out two G-MAC teams from a conference that had more teams with a winning record than the MEC and NE-10 because they couldn't draw a reasonable conclusion? At the same time, he wanted his alma mater, the school where he coached and the school that he broadcasted games from to have a chance at a bid they didn't deserve? If true, he should be removed from any committees. Maybe the MEC commish didn't want the G-MAC, a conference that has been outdoing his conference lately, earning more bids than the league he runs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123