Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northwest Missouri at Lindenwwod

Contribute to D2

Default Northwest Missouri at Lindenwwod

Welcome Bearcat fans.... Not sure why we keep holding homecoming on weekends we host you.

The mean green machine seems to be hitting on all cylinders since the upset by UCO. Lions might be running into a buzzsaw right as the bearcats are hitting their stride.

I know that we're going to have to play much better on the offensive side of the ball in terms of execution if we want to have a prayer in this game.
    Cool Story Bro

Default Re: Northwest Missouri at Lindenwwod

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Welcome Bearcat fans.... Not sure why we keep holding homecoming on weekends we host you.

The mean green machine seems to be hitting on all cylinders since the upset by UCO. Lions might be running into a buzzsaw right as the bearcats are hitting their stride.

I know that we're going to have to play much better on the offensive side of the ball in terms of execution if we want to have a prayer in this game.
    We hit on all cylinders for a quarter of Saturdays game. The other 3 quarters we had transmission problems, muffler fluid problems, blinker problems, etc.

BBB picked elwood and named this the "St Chuck Middle Finger Bowl". He cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    We hit on all cylinders for a quarter of Saturdays game. The other 3 quarters we had transmission problems, muffler fluid problems, blinker problems, etc.
    Did you check the blinker fluid?
    Cool Story Bro

Muffler bearings probably need repacked.

We might need to drop out the rear end and root around a little bit to figure out the issue....try and find where that noise is coming from.

Does this streak end as well? 4-0, 186-32pts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    Does this streak end as well? 4-0, 186-32pts.
    Dang... that's freaking ugly.
    Cool Story Bro

NWMSU Game Notes

https://bearcatsports.com/documents/...od.pdf?id=1842

Despite Bearcat97's numbers, I think this will be a close game...
    IH8FERRIS

Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    NWMSU Game Notes

https://bearcatsports.com/documents/...od.pdf?id=1842

Despite Bearcat97's numbers, I think this will be a close game...
    Ha! The game notes add about 2k to the capacity at Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post
    Ha! The game notes add about 2k to the capacity at Hunter.
    That's like 600-1,000 extra couches to burn!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Did you check the blinker fluid?
    But does the blinker fluid filter throw code? An OBD2 should let you know... probably the ID-10-T code again. That one is a pain but is adjustable with a left-handed mallet.

Cool Story Bro

NW needs to get Troy more involved in the O.

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    I will respectfully disagree with that. I would rather 3 or 4 other targets be more involved before himself.
    IH8FERRIS

Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Oh, no. He should have been RS as he has not looked ready to play in games. Catching less than 1 ball per game is a waste of a year and he has struggled catching the ball. He has made a couple plays throwing the ball though.

Jamie Taylor is being underutilized. Even Bane is only catching 3.5 balls per game. Andrews, with his size and athleticism, should be a beast. Tatum has been able to take what he showed on a single drive v. UCO last year and turn it into a successful role.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    Oh, no. He should have been RS as he has not looked ready to play in games. Catching less than 1 ball per game is a waste of a year and he has struggled catching the ball. He has made a couple plays throwing the ball though.

Jamie Taylor is being underutilized. Even Bane is only catching 3.5 balls per game. Andrews, with his size and athleticism, should be a beast. Tatum has been able to take what he showed on a single drive v. UCO last year and turn it into a successful role.
    +1

Harper definitely should have been redshirted. It's sad to see a waste of a year. He's simply not ready for college ball at this time - very few are as true freshmen. I agree 100% on Taylor. I love that NW is getting a TE involved again with Andrews - but he needs to see more than just a 1 or maybe 2 throws a game. The play calling is much better than last year - I think a lot of that has to due with the personnel on the field and what the play caller has to work with - but it is not nearly good enough to make a deep run in the PO's at this point IMHO. I would say that they are definitely making AD look like an offensive genius.
    Pain is a gift Without the capacity for pain, we can't feel the hurt we inflict.

18. Default Re: Northwest Missouri at Lindenwwod

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    +1

Harper definitely should have been redshirted. It's sad to see a waste of a year. He's simply not ready for college ball at this time - very few are as true freshmen. I agree 100% on Taylor. I love that NW is getting a TE involved again with Andrews - but he needs to see more than just a 1 or maybe 2 throws a game. The play calling is much better than last year - I think a lot of that has to due with the personnel on the field and what the play caller has to work with - but it is not nearly good enough to make a deep run in the PO's at this point IMHO. I would say that they are definitely making AD look like an offensive genius.
    Seems like it took AD a couple years to really figure out the play calling. CF did it last year and this is JOs first year doing it. Maybe he'll get better as the year goes on and in the future too.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybearcat View Post
    Seems like it took AD a couple years to really figure out the play calling. CF did it last year and this is JOs first year doing it. Maybe he'll get better as the year goes on and in the future too.
    AD was the OC and playcaller under Mel starting in 2008 when he moved up to the box. Mel always had final say and would occasionally change it from punt to go for it or vise versa or deciding to kick a fg - but the play calling was all AD. Even before that the play calling was split- AD for run and CF for passing.

I agree that the playcalling under JO is a work in progress and getting better. Last week the play calling the first quarter was great, after that not so much - until UNK had scored twice and NW decided that they wanted to score again- then it was good again for a drive or two. At Pitt the second quarter was the good playcalling - entire second half wasn’t good. It’s almost like JO has to learn the same lesson that AD did at Camarrowhead when Pitt came back and won after AD let off the accelerator. This years offense has so many potential playmakers - it’s kind of similar to an old fashioned muscle car. It runs best with the hammer down- when it idles or goes slow it runs pretty rough.

20. Default Re: Northwest Missouri at Lindenwwod

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    AD was the OC and playcaller under Mel starting in 2008 when he moved up to the box. Mel always had final say and would occasionally change it from punt to go for it or vise versa or deciding to kick a fg - but the play calling was all AD. Even before that the play calling was split- AD for run and CF for passing.

I agree that the playcalling under JO is a work in progress and getting better. Last week the play calling the first quarter was great, after that not so much - until UNK had scored twice and NW decided that they wanted to score again- then it was good again for a drive or two. At Pitt the second quarter was the good playcalling - entire second half wasn’t good. It’s almost like JO has to learn the same lesson that AD did at Camarrowhead when Pitt came back and won after AD let off the accelerator. This years offense has so many potential playmakers - it’s kind of similar to an old fashioned muscle car. It runs best with the hammer down- when it idles or goes slow it runs pretty rough.
    If memory serves AD struggled his first two years in the Playoffs with his play calling too. Wonder if they're letting off the accelerator because they have a pretty stout D and a redshirt frosh who could be prone to mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast