Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Conference to date

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Thoughts on Conference to date

The conference is very good in football for such a young league. The top teams are good when comparing them to the top teams in the region. Hillsdale, ODU and Tiffin are tough. Findlay is another good program. You have four solid programs up top. The thing that happened this season which helped the league is that other programs showed improvement. Walsh, Malone, ABU and KWC all looked better than last year. That helps. I thought AB played a tough schedule. We finished 4-7 but lost by 7 to a 9-2 Bowie State team, lost by 5 to a 9-2 Tiffin squad and lost by two points to a 8-3 Findlay team. And as bad as the ODU score looks, we actually led at half believe it or not. I can only speak for my team.

The conference is also finding success in other sports. Ohio Valley captured victories for this conference in the NCAA tournament this week in both men's and women's soccer. Walsh won in women's soccer also at the NCAA tournament. The G-MAC is guaranteed to have one men's soccer team in the regional final as Tiffin and OVU men square off in the semi-final tomorrow. Last year, Findlay men's basketball made it to the regional final before losing to the eventual national champion. . There is solid basketball programs on the men's and women's side of the basketball ledger. Findlay and Hillsdale women played the top two region teams tough in the NCAA tournament last year. I could go on and on.

The league is building into a very nice conference. This conference has direction and leadership. There is something to be said for that.
    Last edited by JDonAB92; 11-10-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123