Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Default LIU Post and a playoff bid?

I’ve seen 3 post games this year. This team is loaded. They have depth all over. This is a veteran offensive team with a nice mixture on the defensive side. Defensively they are led by Jake carlock and Kevin petit frere who is one of the best defensive ends in all of d2. They have 2 very good young corners and a rising star in streater who had 3 ints this past weekend. This post team can light up the scoreboard. A big loss Saturday with marinan going down with what looked to be a knee injury but debique can step in nicely. I expect post to get past pace which will set up a big away game vs assumption. The ne10 doesn’t look to be the power it has been. Expect one team to get a playoff bid that being post.

Default Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

I agree, the potential the team has is tremendous. The problem is Shippensburg has been the best competition the team has seen. These next 4 weeks are huge and every team will be a tough game. I also think that the NE10 will be able to get 2 teams in depending on how these next weeks play out. The conference champion (Hopefully undefeated Post) then a 1 loss team being New Haven, or even Assumption if they have 2 losses which would be to possible PSAC Champs Kutztown and Post. Also yes Tim Marinan going down was awful to see, he is a great kid and team captain.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

This would be a neat story since they are merging with LIU-Brooklyn next year and going FCS. Quite the opposite story on Humboldt State who is dropping football.

Quote Originally Posted by LIU21 View Post
    I’ve seen 3 post games this year. This team is loaded. They have depth all over. This is a veteran offensive team with a nice mixture on the defensive side. Defensively they are led by Jake carlock and Kevin petit frere who is one of the best defensive ends in all of d2. They have 2 very good young corners and a rising star in streater who had 3 ints this past weekend. This post team can light up the scoreboard. A big loss Saturday with marinan going down with what looked to be a knee injury but debique can step in nicely. I expect post to get past pace which will set up a big away game vs assumption. The ne10 doesn’t look to be the power it has been. Expect one team to get a playoff bid that being post.
    Remind us about that time

5. Default Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Post has played nobody yet just like New Haven has. We'll talk in 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chargers Nation View Post
    Post has played nobody yet just like New Haven has. We'll talk in 4 weeks.
    I'd say Shippensburg is somebody. They beat the #1 seed in the PSAC west, gave them their only loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I'd say Shippensburg is somebody. They beat the #1 seed in the PSAC west, gave them their only loss.
    Shippinsburg should have beaten Post if it had not been for stupid coaching, (kick the extra points instead of chasing failed 2 point conersion over and over), horrible special team tackling in the second half and a redicuously stupid roughing the kicker penalty that gave Post the ball back and a chance to get into field goal position. Post showed it was a good team because they made plays to pull it out.

Post has been quite good this season and is worthy of a shot at the conference title. It would be great if Post and New Haven met during the last week with the winner getting the conference title. Of course, Assumption is going to have a lot to say about that.

The next 4 weeks will be a fun ride. Whoever emerges from the Post, Assumption, New Haven round-robin tournament coming up will have earned it.

I laid out the whole region over on the GMAC board for what's coming up to wrap up the season.
    Hillsdale ‘94

Quote Originally Posted by NE10Fan View Post
    Shippinsburg should have beaten Post if it had not been for stupid coaching, (kick the extra points instead of chasing failed 2 point conersion over and over), horrible special team tackling in the second half and a redicuously stupid roughing the kicker penalty that gave Post the ball back and a chance to get into field goal position. Post showed it was a good team because they made plays to pull it out.
    There was "should haves" on both sides thats football, Post missed first extra point and failed to chase 2 pt conversions after as well.

Post has done what they needed to do. Blow out every team and beat ship. You can only play who’s on your schedule. Post needs to win this week and remain healthy going into the assumption game.

NE10 Fan: Please enlighten us as to what was "redicuously [sic] stupid" about the roughing the kicker penalty.

13. Default Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    They too have a loosing records at 3-4. In fact, Post's opponents have a combine records of 8-27. Wow, impressive eh? Again, we'll talk in 4 weeks.

Post has done what they needed to do. Blow out every team and beat ship. You can only play who’s on your schedule. Post needs to win this week and remain healthy going into the assumption game.
    True, but everyone Post plays so far is bad. When they beat teams with a winning records then we'll talk and the same goes with New Haven and Assumption. The only team has a winning records that Assumption played thus far was Kutztown and they lost.
    Last edited by Chargers Nation; 10-15-2018 at 09:57 PM.

True, but everyone Post plays so far is bad. When they beat teams with a winning records then we'll talk and this goes same with New Haven and Assumption. The only team has a winning records that Assumption played thus far was Kutztown and they lost.
    To be fair, before the game between Assumption and Southern Connecticut, the Owls had a winning records at 3-2 and the Hounds won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerblue View Post
    The next 4 weeks will be a fun ride. Whoever emerges from the Post, Assumption, New Haven round-robin tournament coming up will have earned it.

I laid out the whole region over on the GMAC board for what's coming up to wrap up the season.
    Just wonder what would happen if Post beats Assumption, Assumption beats New Haven and New Haven beats Post?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue10 View Post
    Just wonder what would happen if Post beats Assumption, Assumption beats New Haven and New Haven beats Post?
    Pure chaos!!!!!

Very true about strength of schedule. Can’t deny the fact we haven’t faced tough competition. That will all change within the next month. I see post having a clean sweep of the ne10. The toughest task believe it or not mah be southern conn on the road.

They too have a loosing records at 3-4. In fact, Post's opponents have a combine records of 8-27. Wow, impressive eh? Again, we'll talk in 4 weeks.

True, but everyone Post plays so far is bad. When they beat teams with a winning records then we'll talk and the same goes with New Haven and Assumption. The only team has a winning records that Assumption played thus far was Kutztown and they lost.
    I didn't say their Strength of schedule was impressive, but Ship is a better team then anybody New Haven has beaten yet. If you go back to my first comment I said that was the problem that the schedule hasn't been great and that these next 4 weeks are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
    Pure chaos!!!!!
    Very true. Arguments can be made for and against all three of them. It's not like 2006 when it was hard to exclude Bryant, Merrimack and Southern Connecticut, so they all made the playoffs. But the criteria was different back then. By the way, Bryant lost in the first round at home to West Chester and Shepherd defeated Merrimack in the second round.

New Haven has the biggest challenge this season since their OOC game was FCS Bryant as opposed to Assumption and LIU Post both playing D2 in-region opponents. And LIU Post won their game. The Pioneers are surely backing Shippensburg this Saturday!

20. Default Re: LIU Post and a playoff bid?

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Very true. Arguments can be made for and against all three of them. It's not like 2006 when it was hard to exclude Bryant, Merrimack and Southern Connecticut, so they all made the playoffs. But the criteria was different back then. By the way, Bryant lost in the first round at home to West Chester and Shepherd defeated Merrimack in the second round.

New Haven has the biggest challenge this season since their OOC game was FCS Bryant as opposed to Assumption and LIU Post both playing D2 in-region opponents. And LIU Post won their game. The Pioneers are surely backing Shippensburg this Saturday!
    I will give Post has the advantage over both New Haven and Assumption at this point with the victory over a D2 OOC opponent. With that aside, when it's time to choose teams for the post season, I don't know if they will pick a team that lost to a FCS team, which do not count, or a team that lost to a D2, which do count?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast