Thread: Week 6 - Composite Rankings and updated Regionals

Contribute to D2

Default Week 6 - Composite Rankings and updated Regionals

Welcome to the rankings SRI teams! At week three SRI had 4 teams in the top 25 composite and have added a team a week, until this week where a good week by their undefeated conference teams (no matter how hollow) and a beat down by a lot of other regional teams has put SRI in the rankings with 10 teams overall. Tiffin, LIU-Post (who I said last week should be in the regionals), and New Haven all make their first appearances. That wasn't all for the new teams entering the rankings which has swelled to 38 overall teams with a ranking of 25 or better in the four rankings; Lenoir-Rhyne (legit), Florida Tech (legit), California (PA) (maybe), New Haven (not legit) also enter the fray. Booted this week, and for multiple times this season is Azusa Pacific after a loss to Central Washington and Sioux Falls with a loss to Bemidji.

The MIAA is being propped up solely by Massey rankings, Hays 10th, Central O. 12th, Central Mo. 16th, MO West 18th, and Washburn 23rd; would all be removed from the rankings if not for this sticking point. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the silo schedule, some past season numbers and Massey doesn't use margin of victory. Unlike Bennet which does use MOV and appropriately has hammered the MIAA teams, because the "good" teams NW MO, Pitt and FHSU aren't really beating the "bad" teams in the MIAA by any real margin (exception of course to NW Mo over Pitt).

Pitt and Harding took big tumbles as expected and FHSU took the biggest fall this week going from 9th last week down to 30th, a drop of 21 spots. Midwestern St. with a delayed game played on Sunday 1 point loss to TAMU-C drops 8 spots and just outside the top 10 to 11th. The interesting thing here is they remain ahead of TAMU-C who comes in at 13th and in between the two is Tarleton St. Tarleton plays TAMU-C this weekend and Midwestern in 3 weeks. LSC has got some things to settle. Valdosta and Mines are the big winners this week both moving up 7 spots and into the top 10. Valdosta has a 2nd place ranking in Bennett which has created the slight separation at this point between Grand Valley and Ferris at the top. Those two have been locked in tight for 3 weeks and get to settle their differences on the field Saturday.

Regionals
    SRI - I still have IUP in the playoffs but tumbling from 1st to 6th here and last week LIU-Post was the default for NE10 but have done just enough now to grant full access and I moved them into 3rd place. I fully expect Tiffin to drop off the face of the earth but for now they are 6-0 and leading the GMAC.

SRII - Last week I had Lenoir-Rhyne and Florida Tech in the playoffs but more as token spots. Lenoir-Rhyne looks good and should roll through the SAC and Florida Tech was token last week because we all know Gulf South will get 4 teams in but I wasn't sure but I am now it'll be FT. How Bowie losses with Amir Hall is beyond me but that means they are out and Virginia Union is in out of the CIAA.

SRIII - MIAA has got some work to do to ensure 2 teams this year. NW Mo gets in at this time easy by leading the conference, I have Pitt at 7th and that will be decided this Saturday against FHSU.

SRIV - probably the most straight forward - it's obvious Mankato and Duluth at this point out of the NSUN, it's obvious Pueblo and Mines out of the RMAC, it's obvious Central Washington out of GNAC and then the trio of Commerce, Midwestern, Tarleton will be settled within 3 weeks.

Default Re: Week 6 - Composite Rankings and updated Regionals

please let me know if the images are/aren't working

Quote Originally Posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    please let me know if the images are/aren't working
    No images

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    No images
    What browser are you using?

What browser are you using?
    I am using google chrome and have images.
    Last edited by Thepeman; 10-11-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Windows Explorer...but it works in Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    I am using google chrome and have images.
    I've checked on Chrome, IE, Safari, and Android - and all seems to work; not sure about Firefox, as somebody last week couldn't on FF. I don't know why some can't see them, I've also tried using different image loaders in the past couple weeks.

I do not have any sign of images on Firefox, Chrome and Edge showed the "D2Football.com donor" photo, and Internet Explorer shows small black x's where I assume the images should be.

Worked on Safari last night (phone) but can't see it on Chrome today (computer).

I had images on my IOS safari, last night, this morning on chrome. Now, no images.

I've checked on Chrome, IE, Safari, and Android - and all seems to work; not sure about Firefox, as somebody last week couldn't on FF. I don't know why some can't see them, I've also tried using different image loaders in the past couple weeks.
    Not working on Navigator or MOSAIC. Your web testing is unacceptable.

I wonder if it matters if it's a .jpeg or .png file? By the end of this season I will conquer this dastardly problem

Quote Originally Posted by da_miner View Post
    Not working on Navigator or MOSAIC. Your web testing is unacceptable.
    This is his web testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    This is his web testing.
    I wonder if it matters if it's a .jpeg or .png file? By the end of this season I will conquer this dastardly problem
    The images didn't load for me on ubuntu+chrome at first, but today they have. I've noticed that vBulletin is kinda finicky when it comes to posting images.

In SR1, California's two losses were the first two games of the season: at Ohio Dominican and at Kutztown. That might very well hurt the Vulcans' chances of an NCAA playoff bid, even if they win out and finish 9-2, depending on how the rest of the region plays out.

Also, more relevant to SR3 and the MIAA, Davenport is not eligible for the NCAA playoffs because they're in the third year of their four year transition from NAIA to D2; they will be eligible from next season onward.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    In SR1, California's two losses were the first two games of the season: at Ohio Dominican and at Kutztown. That might very well hurt the Vulcans' chances of an NCAA playoff bid, even if they win out and finish 9-2, depending on how the rest of the region plays out.

Also, more relevant to SR3 and the MIAA, Davenport is not eligible for the NCAA playoffs because they're in the third year of their four year transition from NAIA to D2; they will be eligible from next season onward.
    Obviously, CalP needs to finish 9-2; but I think then beating West Chester in the last game and Slippery Rock along the way, would easily leapfrog them over IUP. PSAC is easily a 3 bid league in SRI.

Thanks for the info on Davenport, I'll keep that in mind as they should win this week as well but; like Tiffin I know their record is a bit of a mirage and fully expect they will finish the season with four straight losses.

Images working now.