Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,142
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    2044

    Default Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    This week is the battle of the GLIAC winless... two teams desperately in search of their first conference win of the year, in October. I'm just hoping we have enough fight and pride left to make the trip up north a successful one because if we show up with a weak, half-spirited performance I don't know if we will win another game this year. Not sure who's still on the team, who will be the QB, or what to expect out of this depleted Warrior squad, other than its always a long, tough ride up to the UP, and if we lose this one that ride back home will be an eternity...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Hate to say it, but a loss to Winless Wayne at home just might be the spark we need to motivate the suits into a serious discussion about the future of the program, i.e. will they be content to watch Michigan Tech football descend into a perpetual losing culture? It is probably too large a leap to talk about improvements necessary to compete for the GLIAC championship. 6-4 seasons are most likely a stretch goal until changes are made.

    If Wayne can get receivers open and hit them, there is a good chance of winning. Tech's DB's seem to lose track of receivers once in a while and those miscues have turned into scores way too often. They are susceptible to the big play.

    If Tech can gain yards on the ground, they will probably win. Tech needs to find the Running Back of the Future....like right now. Otherwise we are looking at a fourth consecutive losing season next year.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Hopefully there will be fans at the game besides players' friends and family and the Pep Band. Tech hockey hosts #3 ranked and defending National Champion Minnesota Duluth this weekend. If the hockey Huskies win on Friday night, there will be a sparse crowd at the football game unless the Wayne State Nation travels well. Incidentally, the current forecast for Houghton on Saturday is mostly cloudy with a high of 46 deg. F.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    24,161
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCommissioner View Post
    Hopefully there will be fans at the game besides players' friends and family and the Pep Band. Tech hockey hosts #3 ranked and defending National Champion Minnesota Duluth this weekend. If the hockey Huskies win on Friday night, there will be a sparse crowd at the football game unless the Wayne State Nation travels well. Incidentally, the current forecast for Houghton on Saturday is mostly cloudy with a high of 46 deg. F.
    temp prediciton has dropped a few degrees and the chance of rain has increased...it has literally been raining for three + days straight and there is no end in sight

  5. #5

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    temp prediction has dropped a few degrees and the chance of rain has increased...it has literally been raining for three + days straight and there is no end in sight
    Doesn't sound good. You might be getting another flood!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,142
    Rep Power
    2044

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Close, but no cigar... Wayne State continues to find ways to melt down in the second half. No player or coach scuttlebutt to report, just another loss... Homecoming next week vs. Northwood; maybe the expected big crowd will motivate the Warriors to a little more spirited play.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    129

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    MD - you are the eternal optimist. One thing noticed was that Zezula not only did not hold on snaps but wasn't on the participation or non participation list on the recap. This means that there was either an error on the statistics or he did not travel to Tech. Secondly, I have now seen WSU throw the most crucial pass in two games(both dropped) to two ends who have 7 years on the team together, and have only had a total of ten passes thrown to them in their entire career. Somebody had the wrong players in the game at the wrong time. They have some good experienced receivers. Both games could have been won and should have been won. I think WSU has to have their best available on the field during crucial win or lose plays.

  8. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors at Michigan Tech Huskies

    Quote Originally Posted by MDRussell View Post
    Close, but no cigar... Wayne State continues to find ways to melt down in the second half. No player or coach scuttlebutt to report, just another loss... Homecoming next week vs. Northwood; maybe the expected big crowd will motivate the Warriors to a little more spirited play.
    They're playing a team that has won their last two games and just beat an undefeated team that beat the crap out of us so they should have some confidence on their side. Home field hasn't been much of an advantage so far having lost our last 3 at home but maybe, just maybe they can get up for the Homecoming game. We'll see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •