Thread: DU getting to 7-0 can only help the GLIAC

Default DU getting to 7-0 can only help the GLIAC

DU is a week before they start the stretch of games with GVSU/ASH/FSU, but I just hope they don't overlook NU this week -- homecoming/car show weekend for NU, and DU is getting ready to play in front of their largest crowd ever at home and GVSU next week. I just hope they stay focused, go in and continue to play well get the win move to 7-0 and get that top 25 ranking -- sitting up the game against GVSU as a ranked team -- will only help the GLIAC, and DU going in recruiting....

excited to see how they do against GVSU, to see how the perform, I don't think anyone expects them to win or even compete --- but if they can compete, then it does give them the confidence to upset an Ashland team, and SVS -- to finish 9-2 and in 3rd in the GLIAC would be a remarkable year....

Default Re: DU getting to 7-0 can only help the GLIAC

Quote Originally Posted by DUpanthers View Post
    DU is a week before they start the stretch of games with GVSU/ASH/FSU, but I just hope they don't overlook NU this week -- homecoming/car show weekend for NU, and DU is getting ready to play in front of their largest crowd ever at home and GVSU next week. I just hope they stay focused, go in and continue to play well get the win move to 7-0 and get that top 25 ranking -- sitting up the game against GVSU as a ranked team -- will only help the GLIAC, and DU going in recruiting....

excited to see how they do against GVSU, to see how the perform, I don't think anyone expects them to win or even compete --- but if they can compete, then it does give them the confidence to upset an Ashland team, and SVS -- to finish 9-2 and in 3rd in the GLIAC would be a remarkable year....

I have always believed the game is ultimately won/lost in the trenches. From what I saw of the Davenport linemen, they can compete with any school in D2. The numbers speak for themselves; DU has been grinding teams up and keeping the time of possession lopsided all year. I am a convert- the DU O-line is for real, and GVSU, FSU and AU all better be ready because these big boys they have on that line are mean and hungry.

The whole 6-0/7-0 talk about Davenport is fun and all, but doesn’t mean much. What is the combined record of their opponents? Plus, Davenport has played an NAIA program and a D3 program. The rest have been the bottom-feeders with atrocious records.

Is Davenport establishing themselves as a “better than the basement of the GLIAC” program? Sure; the athletics m.o. for Davenport has always been attracting the best athletes they can convince to play at Davenport by maximizing athletic scholarships and combining those with “academic” scholarships to whittle away at the exhoribant tuition cost at Davenport. Continuing that philosophy, I fully expect Davenport to be more than a pushover in most sports. But is their football team anywhere near ready to compete with GV/Ferris/Ashland? I don’t think so. They’ll finish 7-4 most likely. Maybe 6-5...

Someone said DU might lose next five, one down.

5. Default Re: DU getting to 7-0 can only help the GLIAC

Well you know they’re going to get an angry GV team next week so that won’t be pretty