Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Anybody crazy enough to pick a winner in the women's tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Anybody crazy enough to pick a winner in the women's tournament?
    Cal.

IUP losing badly to Seton Hill not long after yet another loss to Cal sealed it for me. I don’t see the IUP women even getting to the regional final. They played their best basketball in December and January. They also have a tendency to go ice cold from the floor, and that’s just not going to cut it at this point in the year.

I don’t think any of the East teams have a realistic shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Cal.

IUP losing badly to Seton Hill not long after yet another loss to Cal sealed it for me. I don’t see the IUP women even getting to the regional final. They played their best basketball in December and January. They also have a tendency to go ice cold from the floor, and that’s just not going to cut it at this point in the year.

I don’t think any of the East teams have a realistic shot.

I got to watch the second half last night. I agree IUP has regressed.

Seton Hill is hitting its stride. I could see them winning the tournament.

I'm interested to see what Tom does to adjust on Wednesday night against them. Their ball movement was superb and they found wide open shooters all night. They need a lot more out of certain players. A few in particular have just vanished lately.

Default PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

I got to watch the second half last night. I agree IUP has regressed.

Seton Hill is hitting its stride. I could see them winning the tournament.

I'm interested to see what Tom does to adjust on Wednesday night against them. Their ball movement was superb and they found wide open shooters all night. They need a lot more out of certain players. A few in particular have just vanished lately.
    Yeah, it’s kind of baffling. Just look at the stat sheet. There’s some odd stuff there. I thought they had a nice rotation a few weeks ago that was effective. Now some of those players aren’t getting the same minutes. Holen suddenly doesn’t get near the minutes, as one example. She’s not dazzling, but she always seems to be in the right place. She’s also a legit threat to hit a three. There doesn’t seem to be a method to the madness in terms of minutes lately.

Are they worn down? Are there injuries we’re unaware of? They were a stellar defensive team five minutes ago. Not so much lately. They were always streaky shooters.

Last edited by EyeoftheHawk; 03-04-2019 at 06:06 AM.

If you crossed over after the first round (4W vs 1E, 3W vs 2E etc) you would likely have an all west semifinals.

Any one of the west top 4 can win it. Nobody’s talking about Edinboro, who look to avenge a home loss against Gannon tomorrow. Still not sure how Gannon handled Edinboro so easily at McComb.

6. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Yeah, it’s kind of baffling. Just look at the stat sheet. There’s some odd stuff there. I thought they had a nice rotation a few weeks ago that was effective. Now some of those players aren’t getting the same minutes. Holen suddenly doesn’t get near the minutes, as one example. She’s not dazzling, but she always seems to be in the right place. She’s also a legit threat to hit a three. There doesn’t seem to be a method to the madness in terms of minutes lately.

Are they worn down? Are there injuries we’re unaware of? They were a stellar defensive team five minutes ago. Not so much lately. They were always streaky shooters.

I think that somebody said that Irish Tom was something like 4-11 against Cal. That's not too good. Maybe Kelly Mazzante should get a shot at this thing. Just sayin'. She's a basketball legend and relatively young. She seems to have shown a willingness to hang around Indiana and may be someone who would be interested in staying for the long haul. It's really something maybe the IUP brass ought to be thinking about. No offense to Tom, who generally has done very well but the older I get the more and more I like to have contingency plans drawn up. I think it might be a good change.

-

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I think that somebody said that Irish Tom was something like 4-11 against Cal. That's not too good. Maybe Kelly Mazzante should get a shot at this thing. Just sayin'. She's a basketball legend and relatively young. She seems to have shown a willingness to hang around Indiana and may be someone who would be interested in staying for the long haul. It's really something maybe the IUP brass ought to be thinking about. No offense to Tom, who generally has done very well but the older I get the more and more I like to have contingency plans drawn up. I think it might be a good change.

-

-

Tom went to the Final Four last year. He's not on the hot seat.

I personally feel Tom is just recruiting too many of the same player. They need a few scrappers in there. Now, they had one but lost her (D'Anna) for the season due to a knee injury.

From what I've seen of them this year, the thing that jumps off the page at me is they are very predictable -- almost to a fault. Most nights they can just show up and win by 20 simply by having superior talent. But against the better teams they are easy to scout. Once you rattle the feathers (Appleby) they start to unravel.

No way is Tom on the hot seat. To even suggest a coaching change is absurd! There are flaws with this years team and they were exposed against Cal. Plain and simple, Tom will figure it out like he always has.

If you haven’t gotten your fill of Trey Staunch he is doing color on the webcast of Gannon at Edinboro WBB right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    If you haven’t gotten your fill of Trey Staunch he is doing color on the webcast of Gannon at Edinboro WBB right now.
    The guy does it all.

The guy does it all.
    I have to say that Boro guys are actually pretty decent. They know the game and apprear to be prepared. It’s a solid webcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    I have to say that Boro guys are actually pretty decent. They know the game and apprear to be prepared. It’s a solid webcast.
    You won't be saying that during the UPJ broadcast.

Gannon ladies dropping hammer on Boro.

Gannon ladies dropping hammer on Boro.
    Until Boro goes on 11-0 run. Up just 5 with under 5 to play.

Lady Knights with the upset!! All 5 Gannon / Boro games have gone to the road team.

Edinboro NCAA hopes may be in trouble.

Can't say I'm sad to see BORO WBB out. As has been mentioned these teams each seem to have one team they can't handle and this result takes out the VULCANS nemesis. Not that I feel GANNON is a pushover but CAL has handled them with relative ease this year. We'll see on Wednesday.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-04-2019 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Correction

So the C HAWKS get to play SHU for the second time in a week @the K CENTER on Wednesday. They should prevail but the STEWIES are really looking good right now. Should be a good one.

You won't be saying that during the UPJ broadcast.
    That's for sure. These guys are clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Can't say I'm sad to see BORO WBB out. As has been mentioned these teams each seem to have one team they can't handle and this result takes out the VULCANS nemesis. Not that I feel GANNON is a pushover but CAL has handled them with relative ease this year. We'll see on Wednesday.
    Just forwarded this link to the Gannon coaching staff!!! #bulletinboardmaterial

Seriously ... I would say the same thing if I were you. Gannon is turnover-prone and really struggles to handle Cal's pressure. We'll see on Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    No way is Tom on the hot seat. To even suggest a coaching change is absurd! There are flaws with this years team and they were exposed against Cal. Plain and simple, Tom will figure it out like he always has.
    Totally agree with this. If you’ve been paying attention, not only is the starting five exceptional, there’s talent the entire length of the bench. Their freshmen would put up a gaudy record. This team is built to win for a long time, and that’s a credit to Tom and his staff.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast