Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    The time change was the change of days included in that. The anticipation of having two more days to think about it etc. Also, sitting waiting for a guys game and you're not used to doing that makes a difference too.

IT WILL NEVER CHANGE! GET OVER IT!!!
    Get over what? I simply suggested an idea to give the #1 team in the country a little more rub for a big game. I know it won’t happen. You’re the one getting all hot and bothered.

We’ll just agree to disagree about the effect of changing the time. You’ll never convince me it’s a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Get over what? I simply suggested an idea to give the #1 team in the country a little more rub for a big game. I know it won’t happen. You’re the one getting all hot and bothered.

We’ll just agree to disagree about the effect of changing the time. You’ll never convince me it’s a big deal.
    Then you've never played or coached in big games!

Bloomsburg routinely flips the men's and women's games at Nelson Fieldhouse...I wonder what all the fuss is about...

4. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Bloomsburg routinely flips the men's and women's games at Nelson Fieldhouse...I wonder what all the fuss is about...
    Me too. And just to clarify, I’m not suggesting that you announce the change today. But it’s been known for quite some time that this women’s game was going to be huge and the men’s game probably won’t be so great. Announce on Saturday. Give everyone a few days to process it and get over the shock.

Me too. And just to clarify, I’m not suggesting that you announce the change today. But it’s been known for quite some time that this women’s game was going to be huge and the men’s game probably won’t be so great. Announce on Saturday. Give everyone a few days to process it and get over the shock.
    As a one-time thing ... maybe.

To me it's just a money thing. Joe draws better and Joe's crowd spends a lot of money in the bar. Just a guess but Bloom probably draws the same for men and women.

A men's tip at 530pm limits many getting there on time after work and you risk half the crowd being at the Hilton by the time the ladies tip off.

The money is the reason IUP plays all weekend games at night and the vast majority play at 3pm.

I'm staying out of the effect on the teams side but to me it's just as simple as the men's game just brings in more revenue. Thus they get primetime. Even tonight ... Joe will still probably near double Tom's crowd.

6. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    As a one-time thing ... maybe.

To me it's just a money thing. Joe draws better and Joe's crowd spends a lot of money in the bar. Just a guess but Bloom probably draws the same for men and women.

A men's tip at 530pm limits many getting there on time after work and you risk half the crowd being at the Hilton by the time the ladies tip off.

The money is the reason IUP plays all weekend games at night and the vast majority play at 3pm.

I'm staying out of the effect on the teams side but to me it's just as simple as the men's game just brings in more revenue. Thus they get primetime. Even tonight ... Joe will still probably near double Tom's crowd.
    I agree with all that and would never suggest this be done more than once in a blue moon.

I would think the 5:30 weekday tip is a drain on women’s attendance as well. I’d be curious to see what they’d draw in a flipped scenario especially tonight where their game is far more compelling.

For what it’s worth, Jim Colony mentioned the women’s game during his updates this morning on the Fan.

Kudos to Cal. Played very stingy.

I agree with all that and would never suggest this be done more than once in a blue moon.

I would think the 5:30 weekday tip is a drain on women’s attendance as well. I’d be curious to see what they’d draw in a flipped scenario especially tonight where their game is far more compelling.

For what it’s worth, Jim Colony mentioned the women’s game during his updates this morning on the Fan.
    Jim Colony has been consistently good about mentioning some major PSAC football and basketball contests over the years. Granted, it's just an update during the scoreboard segments, but that's better than nothing.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

HUGE win by the Vulcan ladies last night. Made a major statement that they are right there in the running to host the region this year don’t count them out ESPECIALLY WHEN MISS SEAIRRA BARRETT IS IN THE GAME! Truly a game changer and a player no one else in the PSAC has. I think she’s playing a bit relaxed this year with no pressure considering all of the preseason hype was on Rosten for Boro and IUP coming off that FF berth with talent coming back. Vulacns tho have a very very gritty mix of young and experienced guards. Vallecorsas and Flood-Francis contributions were big for the Vulcans and Francis is coming on as Cals second option.very frantic on defense I really like that we get Boro and IUP at home next month. Hope they can pull off the expected wins to go along with this. Liked on the Jess strom show when she said she has options on the bench and they are always ready- which is true. These freshman keep looking better and better for cal excited for the rest of the season and congrats again on the win!

10. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by rt.calu View Post
    HUGE win by the Vulcan ladies last night. Made a major statement that they are right there in the running to host the region this year don’t count them out ESPECIALLY WHEN MISS SEAIRRA BARRETT IS IN THE GAME! Truly a game changer and a player no one else in the PSAC has. I think she’s playing a bit relaxed this year with no pressure considering all of the preseason hype was on Rosten for Boro and IUP coming off that FF berth with talent coming back. Vulacns tho have a very very gritty mix of young and experienced guards. Vallecorsas and Flood-Francis contributions were big for the Vulcans and Francis is coming on as Cals second option.very frantic on defense I really like that we get Boro and IUP at home next month. Hope they can pull off the expected wins to go along with this. Liked on the Jess strom show when she said she has options on the bench and they are always ready- which is true. These freshman keep looking better and better for cal excited for the rest of the season and congrats again on the win!
    That was a heck of a win by Cal. IUP had just steamrolled everyone and they definitely seemed rattled when Cal punched back rather than folded when IUP grabbed the early lead. The rematch at Cal should be outstanding. It wouldn’t hurt IUP to be pushed and face some more adversity between now and then.

IUP ladies up 33-23 at the half inside the Clarion basketball/raquetball/weightroom gymnasium.

There are so many lines on that court it's hard to tell the out of bounds lines.

12. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

IUP ladies up 33-23 at the half inside the Clarion basketball/raquetball/weightroom gymnasium.

There are so many lines on that court it's hard to tell the out of bounds lines.
    It obviously won’t happen but out of curiosity, if Clarion was the top seed in the region, would the NCAA allow them to host the regional in their temporary home gym?

13. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    It obviously won’t happen but out of curiosity, if Clarion was the top seed in the region, would the NCAA allow them to host the regional in their temporary home gym?
    I'm sure that there are some basic requirements that must be met by the hosting venue when you are bringing eight teams to town. I wonder if a hosting team has ever lost out before because they could not accommodate the minimum requirements?

I do recall the one year (2009??) that TWO region schools hosted the women's tourney with four teams apiece. I don't recall the exact reasoning for this. It may have been something as simple as geography with the way the seeding worked out. Not sure.

-

Kutztown's Rylee Derr had one of the best performances of the season IMO yesterday against ESU. She scored a career high 32 points, shooting 9-12 from behind the 3-point line.

15. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

The west region didn’t want to send 8 teams to Hawaii during a recession.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I'm sure that there are some basic requirements that must be met by the hosting venue when you are bringing eight teams to town. I wonder if a hosting team has ever lost out before because they could not accommodate the minimum requirements?

I do recall the one year (2009??) that TWO region schools hosted the women's tourney with four teams apiece. I don't recall the exact reasoning for this. It may have been something as simple as geography with the way the seeding worked out. Not sure.

-
    I seem to recall an issue with Virginia Union hosting regionals in either 2016 or 2017 because of their gymnasium. As I recall, the tourney was moved to a nearby rec center, but I don't recall all of the exact details about that. In the East Region, when Franklin Pierce was the dominant WBB program and top seed, they'd move the tournament to Fitchburg State (which is about a half hour south of the FPU campus in Rindge, NH). Another factor in hosting rights is gym availability; that's what cost Emporia State hosting rights either in 2017 or 2018, since their gym was hosting the Kansas state high school tournament on the same weekend as regionals; I think either Pitt State or whomever was the second seed ended up hosting that season.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Tough game for the IUP ladies tonight. Seton Hill is a pretty good team -- in particular inside the McKenna Center.

Quick update on the women's NCAA contenders:

PSAC

California (11-1, 17-1)
    IUP (11-1, 16-1)
    Edinboro (8-4, 12-5)
    Seton Hill (6-6, 12-7)
    Bloomsburg (9-3, 13-6)

MEC

Glenville State (11-1, 16-2)
    Charleston (10-2, 15-3)
    Concord (10-2, 15-3)
    West Liberty (8-4, 11-7)

CIAA

Virginia Union (8-1, 16-1)
    Bowie State (8-2, 16-3)

Tom dropping the hammer in Greensburg. IUP up 43-20 at half.

Tom dropping the hammer in Greensburg. IUP up 43-20 at half.
    That score could be a lot worse too! Seton Hill hit the prayer buzzer beater 3 and these refs aren't calling much. A lot of contact! Seton Hill girls look a lot slower. Time to head to Gannon! Yes, I will talk trash at Micah Till tonight!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast