Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Contribute to D2

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Once you rattle the feathers (Appleby) they start to unravel.
    I wish I couldn’t agree with this, but you’re right. I love watching Carolyn play. I’ll be really sad to see her go. When her head is right, she’s one of the most dynamic players in DII. For whatever reason, she never seemed to find her shot this year, especially in the biggest games. She has also shown a tendency to lose her composure.

All of that said, she could lead this team back to the Elite 8 in a heartbeat. She’s the type of kid you can never count out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    I wish I couldn’t agree with this, but you’re right. I love watching Carolyn play. I’ll be really sad to see her go. When her head is right, she’s one of the most dynamic players in DII. For whatever reason, she never seemed to find her shot this year, especially in the biggest games. She has also shown a tendency to lose her composure.

All of that said, she could lead this team back to the Elite 8 in a heartbeat. She’s the type of kid you can never count out.

When I look inside the stats one thing jumps off the page at me. They need Natalie Myers. When she's rolling from deep they are at their best. Check out her stat line in the three losses. Non-existent. She didn't impact either Cal game and had just 1 point in the SH loss. She's shooting 40 percent from deep on the season. When she's on Carolyn gets so much more room to pull her Houdini stuff. When Myers isn't a threat Carolyn gets swarmed.

I like this team but don't love it. They have some exposed flaws. But, I agree they certainly have a hot streak left in them. No time like the present.

Wednesday night will be a war. SH is on fire. They added that grad transfer from Drexel real late in the summer. Seems it took a while to all get on the same page. They are on said page now. If they survive this game they should hammer whichever East team they get. They beat them up pretty good earlier this year.

When I look inside the stats one thing jumps off the page at me. They need Natalie Myers. When she's rolling from deep they are at their best. Check out her stat line in the three losses. Non-existent. She didn't impact either Cal game and had just 1 point in the SH loss. She's shooting 40 percent from deep on the season. When she's on Carolyn gets so much more room to pull her Houdini stuff. When Myers isn't a threat Carolyn gets swarmed.

I like this team but don't love it. They have some exposed flaws. But, I agree they certainly have a hot streak left in them. No time like the present.

Wednesday night will be a war. SH is on fire. They added that grad transfer from Drexel real late in the summer. Seems it took a while to all get on the same page. They are on said page now. If they survive this game they should hammer whichever East team they get. They beat them up pretty good earlier this year.
    Believe me when I say this: Seton Hill with Megan Marecic is a team to fear. Hottest team in the league. Perhaps playing at KC may affect them, but right now I look for iup women to go down.
    Last edited by Feedoggie; 03-05-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feedoggie View Post
    Believe me when I say this: Seton Hill with Natalie Myers is a team to fear. Hottest team in the league. Perhaps playing at KC may affect them, but right now I look for iup women to go down.
    Lol probably. Except I don't think she can transfer to SH this late in the season.

Hot streaks all end sooner or later.

Mercyhurst women's coach Deanna Richard is out after 12 years. It was announced this morning.

Mercyhurst women's coach Deanna Richard is out after 12 years. It was announced this morning.
    Took long enough! That team was never really competitive under her.

7. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Sometimes it seems a no-brainer to get a new coach in there but past experience with PSAC WBB also shows that sometimes it was more a case of poor resources afforded the programs that struggle. I have seen programs make the change and then things go from bad to worse and you see that the former coach actually made a decent fight of things with what they had to work with.

-

8. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Believe me when I say this: Seton Hill with Natalie Myers is a team to fear. Hottest team in the league. Perhaps playing at KC may affect them, but right now I look for iup women to go down.
    What are you smokin' here, dude? The local media has ascertained first-hand that IUP forward Natalie Myers will not be suiting up for Seton Hill tomorrow evening. Geez!

-

It could be a battle, but I think IUP wins easily this time around. If they can get off to a hot start, they’ll cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    It could be a battle, but I think IUP wins easily this time around. If they can get off to a hot start, they’ll cruise.

Seton Hill slayed the dragon and erased some demons. They know they can win here now. I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    They went 24-8 and won an NCAA tournament game in 2017. Apparently not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden89 View Post
    They went 24-8 and won an NCAA tournament game in 2017. Apparently not enough.
    One time in 12 years.

[QUOTE=IUP CRIMSON HAWKS;2359880]What are you smokin' here, dude? The local media has ascertained first-hand that IUP forward Natalie Myers will not be suiting up for Seton Hill tomorrow evening. Geez!

WHOOPS! I meant Megan Marecic. (How’d I get Natalie Myers?)

14. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

[QUOTE=Feedoggie;2360029]
    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    What are you smokin' here, dude? The local media has ascertained first-hand that IUP forward Natalie Myers will not be suiting up for Seton Hill tomorrow evening. Geez!

LOL. Happens to the best of us. Should be an intriguing game for sure.

-

[QUOTE=Feedoggie;2360029]

Megan had a great week but isn't Kelly Mazzante all the sudden. She wasn't even noticible the first time IUP beat up Seton Hill. They've had a big week. No doubt. They had a great (quick) run. Cal and IUP did it all year long ... not just the last two weeks.

Clock strikes midnight for the Griffins tonight -- and their season ends.

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;2360224]

Megan had a great week but isn't Kelly Mazzante all the sudden. She wasn't even noticible the first time IUP beat up Seton Hill. They've had a big week. No doubt. They had a great (quick) run. Cal and IUP did it all year long ... not just the last two weeks.

Clock strikes midnight for the Griffins tonight -- and their season ends.
    Yeah, IUP was in a slump, played poorly, and Marecic shot the lights out. IUP had too many easy games. nothing to get you focused like playoff time. Plus the law of averages for those deep shots always seems to work out eventually.

Big win for the IUP women tonight. Seton Hill is hugely improved from just a couple of weeks ago. This game was much closer than the final score indicates.

Tom played defense tonight. Huge win in a tight game.

19. Default Re: PSAC Women's Basketball (18-19)

Tom played defense tonight. Huge win in a tight game.
    Did he wear basketball shoes or old man slippers to do so?

-

Did he wear basketball shoes or old man slippers to do so?

-
    Tom was a little more fired up than normal last night. He rode the refs Lombardi style.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast