Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    What an exciting week 6, with competitive games for all the GNAC teams. Even SFU! That's right, they had a shot to win! Exciting. Now, on to week 7. We get to see a new team this week when Humboldt travels to Odessa (Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose) to take on UT Permian Basin. APU goes ALL the way up I-5 to play Simon Fraser. Finally, the game Tim has been waiting for so he can inspect the new bathrooms, Western Oregon goes to CWU for their second night game ever.

    In the bonus games of the week we have CSU-Pueblo at Colorado Mesa State University of Colorado, West Georgia goes down to West Florida, the Arkansas Tech Wonder Boys! at NW Oklahoma, and UN Kearney at NWMSU.

    Pick your games here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...rm?usp=sf_link

    HSU (1-4)@
    UTPB (1-5)
    11am

    APU (4-2)@
    SFU (1-5)
    6pm

    WOU (3-3)@
    CWU (4-2)
    6pm

    CSUP (5-1)@
    CMU (4-2)
    1pm

    UWG (6-0)@
    UWF (5-1)
    4pm

    ATU (2-4)@
    NWOU (2-4)
    12pm

    UNK (4-2)@
    NWMSU (5-1)
    12pm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Analytics: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F.../viewanalytics

    Does anyone look at this stuff?

  3. Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    I look at it, not that it does me much good when making picks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    So the University of West Florida currently has a hurricane heading towards it. If the game gets cancelled, I'll remove the question from the pick'em. Go ahead and pick anyway, until that point.

  5. Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Central moved up 4 spots to 21.

  6. #6

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    So the University of West Florida currently has a hurricane heading towards it. If the game gets cancelled, I'll remove the question from the pick'em. Go ahead and pick anyway, until that point.
    Since we've got (according to the national poll) #2 vs. #3 this week, should we just replace this game with Ferris vs. GVSU instead?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by SGAstumpJ View Post
    Since we've got (according to the national poll) #2 vs. #3 this week, should we just replace this game with Ferris vs. GVSU instead?
    10 people have responded already. Too late for that.

  8. #8

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    UTPB 27, Humboldt State Warriors 24: I call them the Warriors because these brave guys have withstood a bad administrative decision by an outgoing clown. Going with the home team here barely. HSU's results this year are not indicative of the excellent program they've had for years and years. Here's hoping with a new president coming on board that there's hope to revive the program.

    Azusa Pacific 45, Simon Fraser 10: Lopsided win by a good APU team. SFU still rebuilding under whom I think is a fine coach. It's just going to take some time.

    CWU 47, WOU 17: The Annual Beatdown, which I'll miss as I'm spending my money on WOU homecoming the following week. I was anticipating a look (and usage) of the new restrooms, not anticipating the usual lopsided score that happens in this game in Ellensburg. CWU on a roll and has the playoffs in their sights.

    The other games I went with the traditional powers NWMSU and Pueblo, and the home teams.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    UTPB 27, Humboldt State Warriors 24: I call them the Warriors because these brave guys have withstood a bad administrative decision by an outgoing clown. Going with the home team here barely. HSU's results this year are not indicative of the excellent program they've had for years and years. Here's hoping with a new president coming on board that there's hope to revive the program.

    Azusa Pacific 45, Simon Fraser 10: Lopsided win by a good APU team. SFU still rebuilding under whom I think is a fine coach. It's just going to take some time.

    CWU 47, WOU 17: The Annual Beatdown, which I'll miss as I'm spending my money on WOU homecoming the following week. I was anticipating a look (and usage) of the new restrooms, not anticipating the usual lopsided score that happens in this game in Ellensburg. CWU on a roll and has the playoffs in their sights.

    The other games I went with the traditional powers NWMSU and Pueblo, and the home teams.
    They're pretty nice, Tim. You're missing out!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    So the game with WOU is homecoming for CWU. It doesn't start until 6pm. Naturally, they still have the other entertainment for homecoming start at 8pm. Late game starts kinda stink! They should only do them in September.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    90 miles outside Wildcat Country
    Posts
    19,650
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    So the game with WOU is homecoming for CWU. It doesn't start until 6pm. Naturally, they still have the other entertainment for homecoming start at 8pm. Late game starts kinda stink! They should only do them in September.
    I'm not going to argue that with the temperatures for sure. It doesn't make sense having the event during the homecoming game.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tomlinson Stadium and Nicholson Pavilion
    Posts
    3,025
    Blog Entries
    52
    Rep Power
    67786

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post

    CWU 47, WOU 17: I was anticipating a look (and usage) of the new restrooms, not anticipating the usual lopsided score that happens in this game in Ellensburg. CWU on a roll and has the playoffs in their sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    They're pretty nice, Tim. You're missing out!
    You would appreciate it Tim! No joke....... one of the first things we checked out were the bathrooms. Yes this is weird to discuss, but those in the know completely understand.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    People are lagging getting their picks in this week, so... pick it up!

  14. #14

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    People are lagging getting their picks in this week, so... pick it up!
    This is why you should keep posting the analytics, so we can remember if we sent in our picks or not.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grandview, WA
    Posts
    25,187
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: GNAC Pick'em: Week 7

    Results! 98wolf continues his reign of pick'em terror.



















    ScoreYour d2football.com User Name
    6 / 798wolf
    6 / 7footballfan
    6 / 7Mark Lanegan
    6 / 7nwebster84
    6 / 7Packfootball
    6 / 7sgastumpj
    6 / 7tsull
    6 / 7Wildcat Khan
    6 / 7Wildcatfan!
    5 / 7ctrabs74
    5 / 7outsidezone69
    5 / 7Thunder62
    4 / 7IronOre
    4 / 7Runnin' Cat
    4 / 7the librarian
    4 / 7Will
    3 / 7Goods

































    UserTotalAverage
    98wolf390.8298
    tsull370.7872
    Thunder62350.7447
    Wildcat Khan340.7234
    outsidezone69330.7021
    SGAstumpJ330.7021
    Runnin' Cat320.6809
    Mark Lanegan310.6596
    Packfootball310.6596
    the librarian300.6383
    Will290.6170
    Goods280.5957
    ctrabs74260.5532
    IronOre260.5532
    InspectorMambo240.5106
    jayhawkdaddy190.4043
    Wildcatfan!190.4043
    cougarjunkie120.2553
    DIIguru120.2553
    Casual Observer110.2340
    nwebster84100.2128
    ZuAnimal100.2128
    dwd90.1915
    Duff McKagan80.1702
    Pep Talk80.1702
    RamFamAlum80.1702
    da_miner70.1489
    DDD70.1489
    footballfan60.1277
    zimmy2160.1277

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •