Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WLU v. Sheep Game

Contribute to D2

Default WLU v. Sheep Game

After the first qtr game is knotted at 0-0. Both defenses are dominating so far today. WLU's offense seems totally uninterested in playing today...kind of like every other game this year!

Default Re: WLU v. Sheep Game

Deary with the Int for WLU! Just ripped the ball from the Shep receiver.

Shep scores the TD and WLU blocks the XP. 6-0 Shep with about 5 minutes left in the half. That's probably enough to insure the W given how WLU's offense is playing.

And just like that the Topper offense shows some life driving the ball down the field for the TD. XP grabs the lead from Shep. WLU 7 Sheep 6 with just over 2 minutes in the half.

12-7 Sheep at the half. WLU is going toe to toe with the lambs so far. But I note this is not the first top tier MEC team that the Toppers have gone toe to toe with during the first half. Problem is most games are TWO halves!!!
    Last edited by boatcapt; 10-06-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Need to fix the right side of the pat team! If that was 68 on the 2 point snap, worst one of his career!

End of the third and WLU is hanging tough. Sheep 19 WLU 14.

What the heck was McCook thinking? 4th and 3 at the WLU 20 and Sheep up by 5 in the 4th qtr and he goes for it?? Kick the FG and force the Toppers to get a TD AND a 2 point conversion just to tie the game!! Bonehead call.

Another local player had to be stretchered off. Played against him in middle school, didn’t hear what happened

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    What the heck was McCook thinking? 4th and 3 at the WLU 20 and Sheep up by 5 in the 4th qtr and he goes for it?? Kick the FG and force the Toppers to get a TD AND a 2 point conversion just to tie the game!! Bonehead call.
    I actually agree with you but our ownership of WL will forever be etched in your mind, aint in grand in Ram land my friend....Good luck to your conference in the future..

Typical WLU game. Defense plays well in the first half with almost zero offensive support but unlike most games, the D continued to play well in the second half. Offense continues to be totally inept. Final score Sheep 26 WLU 14.

Having now played all the MEC front runners (except Fairmont), this is how I would rank them:

1. Notre Dame College
    2. Charleston
    3. Shepherd
    4. Urbana

Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    Typical WLU game. Defense plays well in the first half with almost zero offensive support but unlike most games, the D continued to play well in the second half. Offense continues to be totally inept. Final score Sheep 26 WLU 14.

Having now played all the MEC front runners (except Fairmont), this is how I would rank them:

1. Notre Dame College
    2. Charleston
    3. Shepherd
    4. Urbana
    Too funny....

Quote Originally Posted by RamPride View Post
    Too funny....
    Looks like you guys turned into a typical PSAC east team a year early lol

Quote Originally Posted by RamPride View Post
    Too funny....
    His disdain for shepherd is hilarious. Thank god we are done with west lib, probably never going to play them again since it’s a floundering program.

Charleston lost today and iup lost, the region is wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    His disdain for shepherd is hilarious. Thank god we are done with west lib, probably never going to play them again since it’s a floundering program.

Charleston lost today and iup lost, the region is wide open.
    For you guys and Notre Dame to get #1 and #2 playoff spots and both lose

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    For you guys and Notre Dame to get #1 and #2 playoff spots and both lose
    Could happen, region is wide open. Or you might get whooped again on your home field. Anything can happen.

Could happen, region is wide open. Or you might get whooped again on your home field. Anything can happen.
    Like I said your team since 2016 has regressed at a disgusting rate especially on defense. Your confidence is misguided not the same sheep from 2 years ago my friend you guys look like lamb chops

Like I said your team since 2016 has regressed at a disgusting rate especially on defense. Your confidence is misguided not the same sheep from 2 years ago my friend you guys look like lamb chops
    Defense graduated some guys and the rams are playing a lot of youth. Some growing pains to be expected.

Confidence? I think it’s fairly obvious this year at this point that literally ANY of the 4 conferences can win the region. That’s just reality. Cal is worse than they were in 2016 too buddy.

Defense graduated some guys and the rams are playing a lot of youth. Some growing pains to be expected.

Confidence? I think it’s fairly obvious this year at this point that literally ANY of the 4 conferences can win the region. That’s just reality. Cal is worse than they were in 2016 too buddy.
    Yes but nobody in D2 is sniffing 300 yards rushing on our defense. And we have a better Qb with better numbers who has played better competition

Yes but nobody in D2 is sniffing 300 yards rushing on our defense. And we have a better Qb with better numbers who has played better competition
    Bagent- 5 games 1,831 yds, 16/5, 65% 166 eff rating.

Mitchell- 6 games 1,829 yds, 13/9, 61% 142 eff rating.

Wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast