Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 82

Thread: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Red Cloud, Ne
    Posts
    69
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    96

    Default Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    http://amp.newstribune.com/news/spor...season/746443/

    The merry-go-round of conference affiliation went for a ride again Thursday.

    Lindenwood announced it was departing the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association to join the Great Lakes Valley Conference for the 2019-20 school year.

    For a second, it looked like Lincoln was adding another conference game to its football schedule. Instead, the Blue Tigers' 2019 schedule will now have a completely different look.

    With Lindenwood's departure, Lincoln will return to the MIAA for football in the 2019 season.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Blue Springs, Missouri
    Posts
    455
    Rep Power
    69357

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    For most of the MIAA teams, that will basically be a bye week for the starters as the reserves will handle the mop up duty after the first quarter. Lincoln should drop down to d3.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    For most of the MIAA teams, that will basically be a bye week for the starters as the reserves will handle the mop up duty after the first quarter. Lincoln should drop down to d3.
    They are actually in a decent location for it, tbh.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Lincoln's MBB coach and AD had this quote in the linked article:

    "We're not the only MIAA school that desires the opportunity to have non-conference games in football," Moseley said. "I think that's something that'll continue to be discussed."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Lincoln's MBB coach and AD had this quote in the linked article:

    "We're not the only MIAA school that desires the opportunity to have non-conference games in football," Moseley said. "I think that's something that'll continue to be discussed."
    They should discuss Lincoln playing an entirely Non con schedule.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cameron, Missouri
    Posts
    2,955
    Rep Power
    330418

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    They should discuss Lincoln playing an entirely Non con schedule.
    +100000000000

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Lincoln has always wanted non-con games. As a HBCU they have the opportunity to cash checks for "HBCU Classic" games. Also lower lever D1's know they are not risking a loss to schedule Lincoln (or so Grambling thought). I don't think I've heard any other AD's say there is desire for non-cons. They usually spout the "full round robin" "ease of scheduling" lines.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Kearney, NE
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    4293

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    I was excited by the thought of playing non-con games against Chadron State and Wayne State again with the departure of Lindenwood. Lincoln returning has spoiled that for me. Good luck to Lincoln though and welcome back.

  10. Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Wow this is disappointing

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbia / Jefferson City, MO
    Posts
    1,045
    Rep Power
    12957

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Lincoln has always wanted non-con games. As a HBCU they have the opportunity to cash checks for "HBCU Classic" games. Also lower lever D1's know they are not risking a loss to schedule Lincoln (or so Grambling thought). I don't think I've heard any other AD's say there is desire for non-cons. They usually spout the "full round robin" "ease of scheduling" lines.
    ALL MIAA programs should have the opportunity for non-con games. It's lunacy to not have them ...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    I was excited by the thought of playing non-con games against Chadron State and Wayne State again with the departure of Lindenwood. Lincoln returning has spoiled that for me. Good luck to Lincoln though and welcome back.
    That could have only happened if Chadron or Wayne had week 6 off next season. Lincoln is expected to simply replace Lindenwood in next year's schedule which is the reverse of this year's.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    So not onlky is Pitt playing Lincoln. They come in and waste a home game for Pitt.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    And everyone else who has them at home.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Belton, MO
    Posts
    2,860
    Rep Power
    329856

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    So not onlky is Pitt playing Lincoln. They come in and waste a home game for Pitt.
    I'm curious. If you were in charge at Pitt, what would you want for week 5 next season?

    1. Have Lincoln come in and not have to pay them.
    2. Try to find somebody else to come in and probably have to pay them since you can't guarantee a return date.
    3. Try to find somebody else to play on the road.
    4. Take the week off.
    5. Some other solution.
    Last edited by Randy; 10-05-2018 at 03:18 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I'm curious. If you were in charge at Pitt, what would you want for week 5 next season?

    1. Have Lincoln come in and not have to pay them.
    2. Try to find somebody else to come in and probably have to pay them since you can't guarantee a return date.
    3. Try to find somebody else to play on the road.
    4. Take the week off.
    5. Some other solution.
    Yes.

  17. Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    I'm curious. If you were in charge at Pitt, what would you want for week 5 next season?

    1. Have Lincoln come in and not have to pay them.
    2. Try to find somebody else to come in and probably have to pay them since you can't guarantee a return date.
    3. Try to find somebody else to play on the road.
    4. Take the week off.
    5. Some other solution.
    I would modify #2. I'd want to have a well-run conference that would enable the team to guarantee a return date.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    46,792
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Lincoln was the first opponent I ever saw play at MSU-Mankato back in 1971. Mavs won in a night game that was very well attended. Mavs were in transition between the NIC (now NSIC) and the NCC so they played whoever they could to fill in the schedule.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    The Open Road
    Posts
    969
    Rep Power
    98077

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    I'd rather a bye week than waste a week with Lincoln.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    19,822
    Rep Power
    841391

    Default Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    I would modify #2. I'd want to have a well-run conference that would enable the team to guarantee a return date.
    This.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •