Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSAC West Score Predictions

Default PSAC West Score Predictions

IUP Vs. SRU 49-13 Hawks (Rock really lacks athleticism and team speed on D)

Cal Vs Clarion 45-20 (Clarion always shows up against Cal) Vulcans Win

Boro Vs Hurst 31-13 Boro (Boro defense better than people think)

Seton Hill Vs Gannon 45- 42 Griffins ( Nail in the coffin for Gannon regime. Right coach comes in and puts all that money to use next year ? We will see)

All in all it’s business as Usual. For now Cal is in the drivers seat and the hard part of their schedule is behind them. Dunn needs to keep this young team focused. Even if they make the state game they cannot afford to lose it. So the playoffs start now for Cal.
    IUP a great team just can’t get it done in the Mon Valley for some reason (some say the refs helped lol) needs to Come out dominate a poorly coached Rock defense and get back to business. Still region one Contenders.
    BORO is a good club this year I can’t get a good read on them but they could have beaten Cal at Adamson Cal just had one too many more athletes that made plays in the end. They will need to win out and I’m predicting the game IUP vs Boro will be bigger than IUP vs SRU.
    HURST a great coached team just lacks the athletes to dominate. They need one or two stud TEs like back in their hay day to really put pressure on defenses with that pro style attack. If Boro LBs aren’t Cerebral tomorrow could see some surprise offense from Hurst.
    SETON HILL This team is so weird. I’ve seen them get blown out by terrible teams then take Cal to the wire year in year out. One thing I can say is they always play hard which is a testimony to their coaches character even though they lose every game. Something has to give with this team. I think a new regime is order for them as well.
    GANNON I predicted them to be a surprise contender for the west boy was I wrong. This week they drop a game to Seton hill to put an signature on what has been a terrible season. I think if Gannon cares about their football program and image they clean house YESTERDAY. No reason a team with resources like them in between PGH and CLE should not be a force in the PSAC.
    SRU I have been hard on this team but I’ve streamed two games now and the eye in the sky don’t lie. This is not the rock teams of the past. They have the typical Rock players you’d see on offense with the spread hurry up but nothing a decent defense should be worried about. Their defense is atrocious. I fully expect IUP to use them as a springboard to jump back on the road to chasing a PSAC championship and get the juices flowing in Indiana again.

Default Re: PSAC West Score Predictions

Why does everybody always say Mercyhurst is a great coached team?

I don't know many coaches who go 6-5 or 5-6 every year who get called great.

Recruiting is part of coaching. Perhaps, the biggest part. So why does a 'great' coach with 36 scholarships never have great players?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Recruiting is part of coaching. Perhaps, the biggest part. So why does a 'great' coach with 36 scholarships never have great players?
    Great question! I just see them play and they don’t make a lot of mistakes they execute they just aren’t dynamic enough. You make s point

Tony33?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Tony33?

What are your score predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    What are your score predictions

I don’t have any.

There is already a PSAC West thread and a pick'em thread, so this feels redundant. Maybe have a thread to discuss any predictions made in the Pick'em thread?

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    There is already a PSAC West thread and a pick'em thread, so this feels redundant. Maybe have a thread to discuss any predictions made in the Pick'em thread?
    Yeah I made this for just the West. And to have dialogue with it. The pickem thread is more so for just stating your picks for the standing more so for actually talking about predictions

To be honest I could care less about the east until the state game lol

Only one game left in the East that is relevant and it's not this weekend.

LIT AF at Greensburg is an interesting game. If it wasn't going to pour all day I'd call this a shootout. The heavy rain will favor the LIT Squad. GU drops the BOOM, 35-21, and parties like they're 1-5.

Edinboro is coming off back-to-back thrillers full of high emotions and the gym teachers loom in 8 days. The greatest coached team on Earth finally puts one together but it's not enough. Boro comes out flat but escapes, 35-17. Tony33 then jumps in to Lake Erie with cement boots.

Clarion, as you people say, will be HYPE for this game. The Golden Eagles keep it close for a half. Cal just has too much. Some teams buckle in a tough environment. Cal thrives in it. Vulcans roll, 48-14.

Did Cal wake the lion last week ... or put it into a coma? That's the big question. My guess is IUP has been pis$ing vinegar all week. SRU is going to pay the price. The Rock hasn't seen a good team this year. Adjusting to IUP's speed and size will be difficult. If IUP can run the ball early ... lights out. Lenny will go bananas. Rock will score but not enough. IUP wins, 48-21

Only one game left in the East that is relevant and it's not this weekend.

LIT AF at Greensburg is an interesting game. If it wasn't going to pour all day I'd call this a shootout. The heavy rain will favor the LIT Squad. GU drops the BOOM, 35-21, and parties like they're 1-5.

Edinboro is coming off back-to-back thrillers full of high emotions and the gym teachers loom in 8 days. The greatest coached team on Earth finally puts one together but it's not enough. Boro comes out flat but escapes, 35-17. Tony33 then jumps in to Lake Erie with cement boots.

Clarion, as you people say, will be HYPE for this game. The Golden Eagles keep it close for a half. Cal just has too much. Some teams buckle in a tough environment. Cal thrives in it. Vulcans roll, 48-14.

Did Cal wake the lion last week ... or put it into a coma? That's the big question. My guess is IUP has been pis$ing vinegar all week. SRU is going to pay the price. The Rock hasn't seen a good team this year. Adjusting to IUP's speed and size will be difficult. If IUP can run the ball early ... lights out. Lenny will go bananas. Rock will score but not enough. IUP wins, 48-21
    I’m liking those picks. My heart is telling me you guys might put up 50 on SRU

Yeah I made this for just the West. And to have dialogue with it. The pickem thread is more so for just stating your picks for the standing more so for actually talking about predictions
    So, why not use the already existing "PSAC WEST" thread?

So, why not use the already existing "PSAC WEST" thread?
    Didn’t know there was one my bad. What are you the thread police ? Why don’t you tell us some predictions? WAIT ESU will lose I’ll helpnyou with one

Didn’t know there was one my bad. What are you the thread police ? Why don’t you tell us some predictions? WAIT ESU will lose I’ll helpnyou with one
    You know where my predictions are? In the Pick'em thread. Shocking right? And I've picked every ESU game correctly, so I don't think I need the help.

As for the threads, I happen to like when things are clean and organized and consolidated. Perhaps a rarity on this board.

You know where my predictions are? In the Pick'em thread. Shocking right? And I've picked every ESU game correctly, so I don't think I need the help.

As for the threads, I happen to like when things are clean and organized and consolidated. Perhaps a rarity on this board.
    Well you can always go on the NE-10 board and have tea with all the peace loving new Englanders

Interesting slate this Saturday.

Gannon gave Cal fits last year in Erie -- with Cal escaping, 38-35. Gannon ran and threw at will on the Vulcans. I don't even try and understand what goes on in the mentality of the Gannon program, but this is their type of game. Their coach doesn't get them up for little games but he does get them 'hype' for these ones.

Mercyhurst should pound Seton Hill but you never know which Lakers are getting off the bus.

Clarion has played IUP pretty tough as of late. Have the Hawks thrown in the towel or will they show up? The Golden Eagles got a little physical with IUP last year.

Edinboro has been a major thorn to Slippery Rock. Will we see the Boro team that should have beat Cal or the one that got thumped by Mercyhurst? Will SRU be focused after the emotional high of a week ago?

Interesting slate this Saturday.

Gannon gave Cal fits last year in Erie -- with Cal escaping, 38-35. Gannon ran and threw at will on the Vulcans. I don't even try and understand what goes on in the mentality of the Gannon program, but this is their type of game. Their coach doesn't get them up for little games but he does get them 'hype' for these ones.

Mercyhurst should pound Seton Hill but you never know which Lakers are getting off the bus.

Clarion has played IUP pretty tough as of late. Have the Hawks thrown in the towel or will they show up? The Golden Eagles got a little physical with IUP last year.

Edinboro has been a major thorn to Slippery Rock. Will we see the Boro team that should have beat Cal or the one that got thumped by Mercyhurst? Will SRU be focused after the emotional high of a week ago?
    The question with Gannon is whose season do they ruin by starting a fight? Cal, with all their trash talk, might just be their huckleberry. Then again, it could be a frustrated IUP team down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    The question with Gannon is whose season do they ruin by starting a fight? Cal, with all their trash talk, might just be their huckleberry. Then again, it could be a frustrated IUP team down the road.
    Gannon likes these street fight type games when they are a big underdog. The Cal on-field persona may light a fire in the LIT-AF boys. That said, not quite sure GU has the dawgs they had a year ago.

Gannon likes these street fight type games when they are a big underdog. The Cal on-field persona may light a fire in the LIT-AF boys. That said, not quite sure GU has the dawgs they had a year ago.
    Cal on field persona? What is that lol

20. Default Re: PSAC West Score Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    I could see that against SRU actually. The rock LT is Lit AF just like Gannon....and is from Erie. In watching a little of the Ship game and 2nd half of the IUP game, he talks more smack than he does anything good. He got the penalty that stopped the drive SRU had deep into IUP territory in the 3rd qtr that changed the whole game. Made them attempt a FG they missed instead of a possible TD to go up 27-6....the scramble drill from Lenny was the next IUP drive...now its 20-13 instead. Rock sat him the next series but the kid from Pitt was a total liability at LT so Lit AF LT had to go back in. I can definately see him in a game altering scrum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast