Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LIU Post Out

Contribute to D2

Default LIU Post Out

Merging athletics with LIU-Brooklyn. Moving all sports to D1/FCS. Will still compete in the NEC.

https://liupostpioneers.com/news/201...i-program.aspx

Nobody saw that coming. The NE10 is getting hammered.

Default Re: LIU Post Out

Get thumped in D2 to go get thumped in D1. Great move!

An odd thing to say when Post is currently 4-0. They're not an elite D2 program but they're not a bottom-dweller by any stretch.

Send a memo to the NE10 that we have a LIT AF program we'll send them. Free of charge.

If they need two, Seton Hill is available.

I actually think Post will be able to compete in the NEC given their location and them merging their programs with LIU Brooklyn. If the administration can get donors to put scholarship money into the FB program to get them over 40 scholarships they can definitely be at least a 6-8 win team in that league. Facility wise with the renovation there is no NEC program that can say they have a better stadium and they'll be able to land the transfers from the FBS level looking for more PT especially those local PWO kids from Syracuse & Rutgers.

Have to wonder -- especially with Saturday coming -- what sort of affect that's going to have on the morale of the current D2 roster.

The two campuses are an hour apart, that is a logistical nightmare.

Football remains at Post so as for any effect on Saturday, I would say only a positive. These kids get to play D1 as Brooklyn does not have a football team so they won't get cut by a merger.

The kids who play basketball for Post are screwed.

That drive between campuses though. Usually an hour each way.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    Get thumped in D2 to go get thumped in D1. Great move!
    Umm, not for nothing, but Post had a better than .500 winning percentage when they were a member of PSAC. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by CWP '68 View Post
    Umm, not for nothing, but Post had a better than .500 winning percentage when they were a member of PSAC. Just saying.
    Not following. We have tons of average teams.

I agree with your assessment. LIU has assured students that any Post athlete who qualifies for a Brooklyn-based team will receive transportation to and from Brooklyn for practices and games.

Quote Originally Posted by CWP '68 View Post
    I agree with your assessment. LIU has assured students that any Post athlete who qualifies for a Brooklyn-based team will receive transportation to and from Brooklyn for practices and games.
    That will suck. Two hours, minimum, round trip daily. What a recruiting detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRam94 View Post
    Football remains at Post so as for any effect on Saturday, I would say only a positive. These kids get to play D1 as Brooklyn does not have a football team so they won't get cut by a merger.
    That's one way of looking at it, to be sure.

The other way of looking at it might be if you're a marginal D2 player and your program is going FCS. You might be seeing the writing on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    That will suck. Two hours, minimum, round trip daily. What a recruiting detriment.
    And Pitt fans complain about the facilities being 20 minutes from campus.

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    That's one way of looking at it, to be sure.

The other way of looking at it might be if you're a marginal D2 player and your program is going FCS. You might be seeing the writing on the wall.
    Hasn’t stopped Duquesne and Robert Morris players from getting curb stomped every year

I see what you're saying, Homer, but there's a different dynamic there. That's a matter of kids and/or their coaches thinking the athletes are FCS talent, and they prove not to be.

This will be D2 kids moving up into FCS (plus whatever freshmen and/or transfers contribute).

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I see what you're saying, Homer, but there's a different dynamic there. That's a matter of kids and/or their coaches thinking the athletes are FCS talent, and they prove not to be.

This will be D2 kids moving up into FCS (plus whatever freshmen and/or transfers contribute).
    Cmon man those coaches know those kids aren’t D1 talent. It’s just PSAC caliber kids that want that D1 attached to their resumes. The top teams in the PSAC would beat Them year in year out RMU especially

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    Cmon man those coaches know those kids aren’t D1 talent. It’s just PSAC caliber kids that want that D1 attached to their resumes. The top teams in the PSAC would beat Them year in year out RMU especially
    Sure - and James Madison would stomp UTEP "year in year out" and Mount Union would stomp Seton Hill "year in year out". The upper levels of divisions bleed well into the lower part of the division above.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Sure - and James Madison would stomp UTEP "year in year out" and Mount Union would stomp Seton Hill "year in year out". The upper levels of divisions bleed well into the lower part of the division above.
    I get what you’re saying. Duquesne and RMU aren’t beating the last 3-4 Cal teams. The best team IMO I think the PSAC has had in the last few years that 15 SRU team was veery Good

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast