Thread: Lindenwood to GLVC

Contribute to D2

Default Lindenwood to GLVC

Looks like it'll be officially announced tomorrow.
    Cool Story Bro

Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

ok then.....

Good talk guys...
    Cool Story Bro

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    ok then.....

Good talk guys...
    Seems like this conference doesn’t have too many posters... :(

Get used to it, Lindenwood. Maybe more winning, with less people caring.

Sorry, bigsig, I've been following the bigger thread in the MIAA board because I knew it wouldn't pick up much traction here. Welcome to the league -- I hope your posting doesn't drop off significantly. It will be nice to converse with someone who is active here about football.

The Midwest basketball board is where most of the people spend their time in relation to the GLVC, because the Bellarmine, Drury and Southern Indiana fans don't care really at all about FB (obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
    Seems like this conference doesn’t have too many posters... :(
    Had a bunch of GLVC posters here 5-6 years ago. I'd say 15 regulars. Then one guy starting bashing the programs and kids at every post. It was to the point that he seemed psychotic. The decent people on here got tired of that fast and stopped checking the board.

Quote Originally Posted by michiganfb View Post
    Had a bunch of GLVC posters here 5-6 years ago. I'd say 15 regulars. Then one guy starting bashing the programs and kids at every post. It was to the point that he seemed psychotic. The decent people on here got tired of that fast and stopped checking the board.
    Who did that?

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Looks like it'll be officially announced tomorrow.
    Just got up from my afternoon nap. Did they make the announcement yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Who did that?
    Pretty sure it was wormman or something like that?

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Pretty sure it was wormman or something like that?
    wordman used to post on the Upper Iowa threads and would always end his messages with "WORD"

Your term is more accurate though.

Well ya'll can comeback now. I play nice.
    Cool Story Bro

13. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

I worked at a school in the HAAC when Lindenwood was a member. Everyone knew their plans were to move up as high as they could go- plenty of money, programs and support. While the decision to leave the MIAA might have several reasons, many think their inability to compete in the MIAA played a key role. They always presented an attitude of wanting to "dominate". They are a good addition, they will become conference leaders in many ways. I'm not critical of them at all. Unless their administration and support has changed, they will be aggressive conference members.

I can say that from the get go with our move to D2, there was a significant portion within the athletics department that would've rather saw us move to the GLVC initially. This was even AFTER our 8-4 inaugural MIAA season. I was never about ability/inability to compete. It was always about logistics.

LU has plenty of money. They are one of the only institutions in the US to operate completely in the black (no debt). But they don't operate like that by not making shrewd financial moves. If I remember correctly, the GLVC wasn't an option at the time due to perceived academic shortcomings with the school. The academics has skyrocketed in recent years (we have actual research being done now!) and I believe the GLVC's stance has loosened a bit. (aheemm... SBU)??
    Cool Story Bro

I can say that from the get go with our move to D2, there was a significant portion within the athletics department that would've rather saw us move to the GLVC initially. This was even AFTER our 8-4 inaugural MIAA season. I was never about ability/inability to compete. It was always about logistics.

LU has plenty of money. They are one of the only institutions in the US to operate completely in the black (no debt). But they don't operate like that by not making shrewd financial moves. If I remember correctly, the GLVC wasn't an option at the time due to perceived academic shortcomings with the school. The academics has skyrocketed in recent years (we have actual research being done now!) and I believe the GLVC's stance has loosened a bit. (aheemm... SBU)??
    Truman's flagship station for football and basketball did an interview with GLVC Commissioner Naumovich about Lindenwood's entry. The full interview is at the bottom and really lays out the full process from start to finish.

https://www.centralmoinfo.com/2018/1...movich-reacts/

Quote Originally Posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
    Truman's flagship station for football and basketball did an interview with GLVC Commissioner Naumovich about Lindenwood's entry. The full interview is at the bottom and really lays out the full process from start to finish.

https://www.centralmoinfo.com/2018/1...movich-reacts/
    Thanks for sharing. Good stuff to hear.

Looking forward to taking a trip up to Kirksville in the near future!
    Cool Story Bro

Thanks for sharing. Good stuff to hear.

Looking forward to taking a trip up to Kirksville in the near future!
    Take your earplugs, Sig. They have a very loud cannon!

Interesting that the commissioner mentions the lack of D2s in IL and IN and then speculates that there may be current D1s in those states that drop to D2 in the future.

I always thought that growth in those states might eventually come from the NAIA, but hadn't really considered the D1 possibilities.