Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindenwood to GLVC

Default Lindenwood to GLVC

Scott Mandziara, ESPN radio host in St. Louis, is reporting on Twitter that Lindenwood will announce tomorrow their plans to move to GLVC next year.

Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

3. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Pretty much a move that many of us on here have discussed and figured would likely happen in the future. I thought they were a pretty good fit for the MIAA but guess they feel things will work better for them in the GLVC?

What does the conference do now? Stay where we are or add another?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BartonTiger View Post
    Pretty much a move that many of us on here have discussed and figured would likely happen in the future. I thought they were a pretty good fit for the MIAA but guess they feel things will work better for them in the GLVC?

What does the conference do now? Stay where we are or add another?
    Speaking for just football, I hope there aren’t plans to add another. 11 teams is kinda weird, but at least it opens up a non-con game.

Frick

6. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

It is a long road trip. Especially when they play ft hayes. My lasting memory of Lindenwood is when they stomped all over the Bearcat paw logo in pregame and we stomped all over them in the game 69-0

Quote Originally Posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post
    It is a long road trip. Especially when they play ft hayes. My lasting memory of Lindenwood is when they stomped all over the Bearcat paw logo in pregame and we stomped all over them in the game 69-0
    That was embarrassing.

This is a different team and different culture now. The clowns that perpetuated BS like that have been sent down I70 by coach stugart, trust me.

8. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Yes from a FHSU perspective, they are quite the distance. Also I do agree that I like the option of having at least one nonconference game to start the season.

Ironically, Lindenwood will now be a non conference option for MIAA teams.

10. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    That was embarrassing.

This is a different team and different culture now. The clowns that perpetuated BS like that have been sent down I70 by coach stugart, trust me.
    You all have a team you can be proud of now. You have a beautiful campus and stadium. Look forward to going back this year. Apparently for the last time

What does a 4-6 won team in the MIAA (where I'm guessing LU will fall) equate to in the GLVC?

They walked into the conference. I hope they limp out.
    Give me non-conf games. Feed us the lone star, Feed us School of Mines, Feed us William Jewel.

That was embarrassing.

I have no doubt about that. He's a great guy. If I were a player in the St. Louis area and I couldn't play for one of the MIAA teams, Lindenwood would be my first choice. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MEAN GREEN MACHINE View Post
    You all have a team you can be proud of now. You have a beautiful campus and stadium. Look forward to going back this year. Apparently for the last time
    Unless we host you for a playoff game....... lol. Don't roast me.

What does a 4-6 won team in the MIAA (where I'm guessing LU will fall) equate to in the GLVC?
    They will eventually dominate that conference IF they stay on an upward trajectory and judge themselves not on what it takes to win the GLVC, but to be the best team in D2.

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    They walked into the conference. I hope they limp out.
    Give me non-conf games. Feed us the lone star, Feed us School of Mines, Feed us William Jewel.
    Easy there hook.... Lions still got a trip to take out to Hays ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    They will eventually dominate that conference IF they stay on an upward trajectory and judge themselves not on what it takes to win the GLVC, but to be the best team in D2.
    That ship has sailed with this latest move. LWood did not realize how humbling of an experience it would be with the jump up to D2 and the MIAA. And in a down period for the league as a whole historically. Now they can get back their shiny records while fielding the same level of team and feel all good inside. The GLVC will never lend itself to producing nationally relevant programs because the conference is one of the least talented in the nation.

18. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Look for Lincoln to jump back in Football

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    That ship has sailed with this latest move. LWood did not realize how humbling of an experience it would be with the jump up to D2 and the MIAA. And in a down period for the league historically. Now they can get back their shiny records while fielding the same level of team and feel all good inside. The GLVC will never lend itself to producing nationally relevant programs because the conference is one of the least talented in the nation.
    Idk. In a different conf they may be able to string together winning seasons. That would attract more local kids, keep talent in St. Louis, they could be a problem if they built momentum.

20. Default Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Dude View Post
    Look for Lincoln to jump back in Football
    Nooooooooooooo

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast