Thread: Best Seats at Lubbers

Default Best Seats at Lubbers

Whelp, I don’t know anything at all about Dixie State and I’m just counting down until the showdown with Ferris, so how about a random topic: What’s the best seat in the house at Lubbers? I’ve never bought season tickets because I like to switch it up and sit in different areas. My current favorite spot is in the blue chairbacks, row D directly behind the defensive bench. High enough to see everything clearly, but close enough to feel like you’re right in the action. I used to think Matt Mitchell had no fire... I was wrong

2. Default Re: Best Seats at Lubbers

Quote Originally Posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post
    Whelp, I don’t know anything at all about Dixie State and I’m just counting down until the showdown with Ferris, so how about a random topic: What’s the best seat in the house at Lubbers? I’ve never bought season tickets because I like to switch it up and sit in different areas. My current favorite spot is in the blue chairbacks, row D directly behind the defensive bench. High enough to see everything clearly, but close enough to feel like you’re right in the action. I used to think Matt Mitchell had no fire... I was wrong
    Coach Mitchell showed his fire in the Michigan Tech game. Thought for sure they were gonna throw him out of the game when he was screaming at the officials for that no call on the defenseless player that wasn’t called. I thought his head was gonna explode. Oh and best seat location. I’d say any seat mid way up.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Default Re: Best Seats at Lubbers

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
    Coach Mitchell showed his fire in the Michigan Tech game. Thought for sure they were gonna throw him out of the game when he was screaming at the officials for that no call on the defenseless player that wasn’t called. I thought his head was gonna explode. Oh and best seat location. I’d say any seat mid way up.
    Yea, I gotta go with seats a bit higher up to see the plays and angles better. Not only that, when the weather turns, one is a bit more shielded by the pressbox/suites. And when Dickie Nelson was doing the PBP, one could hear him rant his "that's the worst call ever." or "Touchdown Lakers!!!" As for hearing what's going on on the field, that's a fair point, but not sure one can really hear it down low. Hell, I've been on the field and one might hear the shouts, but the crucial content is at a much lower level. Let the debate continue.

top of the hill on the visitor side

One of the good things about being D-II - Stadium is small enough where there isn't a bad seat.

6. Default Re: Best Seats at Lubbers

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Yea, I gotta go with seats a bit higher up to see the plays and angles better. Not only that, when the weather turns, one is a bit more shielded by the pressbox/suites. And when Dickie Nelson was doing the PBP, one could hear him rant his "that's the worst call ever." or "Touchdown Lakers!!!" As for hearing what's going on on the field, that's a fair point, but not sure one can really hear it down low. Hell, I've been on the field and one might hear the shouts, but the crucial content is at a much lower level. Let the debate continue.
    If you’re sitting directly behind the player benches you can hear a ton. Nothing like hearing an ass-chewing full of F bombs from 5 feet away lol.

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    top of the hill on the visitor side
    Is that a seat? And fill me in on those breezy Nov/Dec days.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Is that a seat? And fill me in on those breezy Nov/Dec days.
    no seat but u can follow the line of scrimmage and always b on the ball...dress warm and you'll b fine

Section 208, row I, seat 26. I'm down right in the corner of the endzone and can see those touchdowns really easy there, plus we're a little angled in to watch Lakertron as well. Plus I can stand there in front of the stairs right in the corner there and nobody will bother me and I'm not blocking anybody's view.

10. Default Re: Best Seats at Lubbers

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Section 208, row I, seat 26. I'm down right in the corner of the endzone and can see those touchdowns really easy there, plus we're a little angled in to watch Lakertron as well. Plus I can stand there in front of the stairs right in the corner there and nobody will bother me and I'm not blocking anybody's view.
    Haha Big, My wife and I have sat directly next to you several times, including the day we got engaged lol. Love those seats- great angle and never have to worry about someone's head blocking your view.

Haha Big, My wife and I have sat directly next to you several times, including the day we got engaged lol. Love those seats- great angle and never have to worry about someone's head blocking your view.
    you'll have to speak up and let me know that next time.