Thread: Mid-season review/grades

Contribute to D2

Default NSIC Mid-season review

Just like that we’re already halfway through the regular season. Time flys! How would you grade your team so far? Strengths/weaknesses of your team? Biggest surprises/disappointments so far in the conference?

Biggest surprise: despite the 2-3 record Concordia St Paul surprises me because I originally picked them last in the south. All 3 of their losses have come to ranked teams and their 2 wins have been in dominating fashion.

Runner up: Minnesota St- Moorhead

Biggest disappointment: Minot st. has been really disappointing. I didn’t think they’d be a playoff team by any means but I thought they would make the leap to a middle tier team. They’re a bottom dweller again this year and the loss to crookston to snap a 26 game losing streak is the highlight in their disappointing season.

Runner up: Upper Iowa

Minnesota St Mavericks so far are where I expected them to be. Their biggest strength so far is the offense’s ability to put up points in a hurry. O-line has been excellent and opening holes for the running game and protecting the QB. If they score 35 or more, they should win every game. The scary thing is that they only have ONE SENIOR on the 2 deep chart so this offense will be even better next year!

Weakness has been the DB’s as at times have given up chunks of yards to pass heavy teams though it’s been better for the last game and a half. Getting pressure on the QB will help Neutralize our weakness.

The Mavs are starting to find their groove but they still got room to improve!
    Last edited by Twincitiesmav; 10-01-2018 at 02:36 PM.