Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)
    Posts
    6,955
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    88195

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    I'm not up to speed on what facilities various D2 teams have but I was under the impression that an indoor practice facility for football was something only the big time FBS schools had.
    Quite a few of the GLIAC do... Even Northwood

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    1
    Last edited by sandman; 10-05-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: wrong

  3. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    I heard the TV announcer say that Stinson is no longer with the team. Does anybody know the story here?

  4. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Well, game suspended with 2:05 in the 1st half due to lightning. Just as well the way the Tartars are playing. Ironically they could use a jolt of electricity if they want to have a chance of winning. Davenport does not look like a 3rd year team but Wayne State does.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    2045

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    Well, game suspended with 2:05 in the 1st half due to lightning. Just as well the way the Tartars are playing. Ironically they could use a jolt of electricity if they want to have a chance of winning. Davenport does not look like a 3rd year team but Wayne State does.
    Davenport's got some big boys on that offensive line; from what I heard at the game they have some D1 transfers and they look like they are going to give a whole lot of teams some problems.

  6. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by MDRussell View Post
    Davenport's got some big boys on that offensive line; from what I heard at the game they have some D1 transfers and they look like they are going to give a whole lot of teams some problems.
    Makes you wonder. We got a head coach that's been here 15 years and he can't assemble a team as good as a team in it's 3rd ever season. Also makes you wonder what Zezula must have done for Winters to stick with Amrhein as crappy as he's playing.

  7. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    This is the worst Wayne State team I've seen in probably 12 or 13 years. Winters is gonna have a lot of "splainin" to do after this season. I don't know now if they can win a game for the rest of the season. They are emotionally dead. They seem to have really fallen apart after losing to Saginaw Valley.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    2045

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Yeah, this was really a physical butt kicking today. The Davenport offensive line completely dominated the game; Reminded me of the old Wayne State offensive line back in the good years. Not sure what the next step is, but I’ve heard of players quitting, and a real lack of emotion with the team.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    I heard the TV announcer say that Stinson is no longer with the team. Does anybody know the story here?
    probably deserted a sinking ship

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    24,613
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Davenport is legit


    how long before they're eligible for the playoffs?

    who r their noncon games next year?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    Makes you wonder. We got a head coach that's been here 15 years and he can't assemble a team as good as a team in it's 3rd ever season. Also makes you wonder what Zezula must have done for Winters to stick with Amrhein as crappy as he's playing.
    Obviously the QB situation is a mess and that is the head coaches responsibility. Winters has to rectify this or things could get worse. With even tougher competition ahead of us going into the next half of the season, I just hope we won't quit even if a few players leave.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    24,613
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    by the way this is not a surprise...kle called this 2-3 yrs ago

  13. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,425
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    by the way this is not a surprise...kle called this 2-3 yrs ago
    I'm more proud of calling the West Florida quick come-up. Haha. That was an easy one, though.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    24,613
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    nice call but your tiger woods and Michigan basketball predictions were terrible

  15. #35
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,425
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    nice call but your tiger woods and Michigan basketball predictions were terrible
    They'll be on point once I work inside PGA and B1G men's basketball for a decade like I have with D2 football

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    2045

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Davenport rushed for 256 yards on 52 carries; WSU rushed for 25 yards on 24 attempts... in Detroit. What bizzaro world am I now living in?

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    southcentral Michigan
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    12548

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.
    The product on the field is GMAC quality...


    Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth. Yes, Grand Valley and most certainly Ferris State are top tier D2 programs, and Davenport is an up an comer. However, This year, the GMAC's top five teams are 2-2 vs the GLIAC, including ODU's victory over Ashland. The GMAC's bottom teams struggle, especially Lake Erie. LEC not only struggles, they are just not very good and probably should not be playing in the GMAC, or at the D2 level. In out-of-conference games, the GMAC's top five teams are 7-3. The bottom four, not any better, or worse than the GLIAC. The former GLIAC teams that are now in the GMAC (Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU, and Findlay) did well in the highly competitive GLIAC, and are doing well in their new conference. Take Ferris and GVSU out of the GLIAC and there really isn't all that many teams that are going to be any better than teams in the GMAC, except for LEC. I've always liked the make up of the GLIAC and respect the teams in that conference. However, the GLIAC isn't the best conference in D2. The MIAA, and a couple of others are just as good. When was the last year that the GLIAC won the National Championship? So then you ask, "When did a GMAC team win the NC?" The GMAC is only three years old, compared to the "aged" GLIAC. In head to head competition, right now the GLIAC is most likely a cut above the GMAC, granted, but I believe the day will arrive when GLIAC schools will watch a GMAC team competing for the NC. That's my opinion.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    royal oak
    Posts
    548
    Rep Power
    130

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by WayneStatesman View Post
    This is the worst Wayne State team I've seen in probably 12 or 13 years. Winters is gonna have a lot of "splainin" to do after this season. I don't know now if they can win a game for the rest of the season. They are emotionally dead. They seem to have really fallen apart after losing to Saginaw Valley.
    Agree with your assessment but I see some good effort from players like Toth, McDade, Pittman and many others but an unnamed OLineman was knocked back farther by a Davenport linebacker than I have ever seen before in college or pro. Have to admit he was a second stringer but it showed to me that we were overmatched to some degree.

    The Saginaw Valley game was so discouraging and still wish we had gone for the two point conversion to win, but that shouldn't cause a complete breakdown. We are losing to teams that we beat last year. Seeing that Davenport barely beat Northern and Tech and the added games of Northwood, Ferris, and Grand Valley things look very bleak.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Holland, MI
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    87234

    Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post
    We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.
    The product on the field is GMAC quality...


    Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth. Yes, Grand Valley and most certainly Ferris State are top tier D2 programs, and Davenport is an up an comer. However, This year, the GMAC's top five teams are 2-2 vs the GLIAC, including ODU's victory over Ashland. The GMAC's bottom teams struggle, especially Lake Erie. LEC not only struggles, they are just not very good and probably should not be playing in the GMAC, or at the D2 level. In out-of-conference games, the GMAC's top five teams are 7-3. The bottom four, not any better, or worse than the GLIAC. The former GLIAC teams that are now in the GMAC (Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU, and Findlay) did well in the highly competitive GLIAC, and are doing well in their new conference. Take Ferris and GVSU out of the GLIAC and there really isn't all that many teams that are going to be any better than teams in the GMAC, except for LEC. I've always liked the make up of the GLIAC and respect the teams in that conference. However, the GLIAC isn't the best conference in D2. The MIAA, and a couple of others are just as good. When was the last year that the GLIAC won the National Championship? So then you ask, "When did a GMAC team win the NC?" The GMAC is only three years old, compared to the "aged" GLIAC. In head to head competition, right now the GLIAC is most likely a cut above the GMAC, granted, but I believe the day will arrive when GLIAC schools will watch a GMAC team competing for the NC. That's my opinion.
    Any chance you could give me a list of the GMAC teams and the years they won a NC? I dont mean that it had to be when they were GMAC members just over all...thanks..Miss playing Hillsdale wish we could do it again!

  20. Default Re: Wayne State Warriors vs. Davenport Panthers

    Quote Originally Posted by DaleDude View Post
    We are a bottom tier GLIAC team probably better suited for the GMAC than GLIAC.
    The product on the field is GMAC quality...


    Your bashing of the GMAC does not really represent the truth. Yes, Grand Valley and most certainly Ferris State are top tier D2 programs, and Davenport is an up an comer. However, This year, the GMAC's top five teams are 2-2 vs the GLIAC, including ODU's victory over Ashland. The GMAC's bottom teams struggle, especially Lake Erie. LEC not only struggles, they are just not very good and probably should not be playing in the GMAC, or at the D2 level. In out-of-conference games, the GMAC's top five teams are 7-3. The bottom four, not any better, or worse than the GLIAC. The former GLIAC teams that are now in the GMAC (Hillsdale, Tiffin, ODU, and Findlay) did well in the highly competitive GLIAC, and are doing well in their new conference. Take Ferris and GVSU out of the GLIAC and there really isn't all that many teams that are going to be any better than teams in the GMAC, except for LEC. I've always liked the make up of the GLIAC and respect the teams in that conference. However, the GLIAC isn't the best conference in D2. The MIAA, and a couple of others are just as good. When was the last year that the GLIAC won the National Championship? So then you ask, "When did a GMAC team win the NC?" The GMAC is only three years old, compared to the "aged" GLIAC. In head to head competition, right now the GLIAC is most likely a cut above the GMAC, granted, but I believe the day will arrive when GLIAC schools will watch a GMAC team competing for the NC. That's my opinion.
    If Ashland and UIndy join the GMAC, it will be KyWes that does not participate in Football in the conference (like Morehead State in the OVC), not LEC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •