Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Shepherd does take Cheyney's schedule.

    If Millersville swapped home games with IUP...it's not reflecting it. IUP is still showing to host Millersville again next year.

    https://static.psacsports.org/custom...llschedule.pdf

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    October 12th will be the big weekend next year.

    IUP at Slimey Pebble.

    Ship at Shep

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    61098

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    That Ship at Shep game is going to be an appointment road trip for me. I just love that stadium and the trip there.

    Of course, unless we recruit some JC defensive backs, Tyson Bagent might throw for 550 on us.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Lock Haven ,PA
    Posts
    40
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    How many scollies does Shep have, and how does this compare to the Psac?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    765
    Rep Power
    7024

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by BEAREAGLE View Post
    How many scollies does Shep have, and how does this compare to the Psac?
    Hopefully BoatCapt or someone from the MEC forum would share that info. But I do know they are no where near a fully funded program.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,972
    Rep Power
    56324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Hopefully BoatCapt or someone from the MEC forum would share that info. But I do know they are no where near a fully funded program.
    My understanding is that Shepherd is able to successfully recruit with lesser scholarship numbers because of the way their tuition costs work. Bordering states are technically considered “in state.” Thus, a student from Maryland pays in state tuition to attend Shepherd.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Hopefully BoatCapt or someone from the MEC forum would share that info. But I do know they are no where near a fully funded program.
    Neither is West Chester. Wink.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    My understanding is that Shepherd is able to successfully recruit with lesser scholarship numbers because of the way their tuition costs work. Bordering states are technically considered “in state.” Thus, a student from Maryland pays in state tuition to attend Shepherd.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Like the arrival of The Lake Show and St Thugs made the IUP Rule go away...the arrival of Shep will force the geniuses in Harrisburg to allow the state system schools to match what Shep does with out of state students. I know some schools have some deals already.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    61098

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    It won't force them to do a doggone thing. The people in Harrisburg will look at whatever Shepherd does in the PSAC with sleepy, uninterested eyes.

    Let's not think what's important to us is important to most people.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,518
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Like the arrival of The Lake Show and St Thugs made the IUP Rule go away...the arrival of Shep will force the geniuses in Harrisburg to allow the state system schools to match what Shep does with out of state students. I know some schools have some deals already.
    Already in the works but unrelated to Shepherd. New chancellor is a disruptor. Goal is to give each campus more room to build a unique identity and greater pricing flexibility in exchange for greater accountability.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,204
    Rep Power
    21958

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Already in the works but unrelated to Shepherd. New chancellor is a disruptor. Goal is to give each campus more room to build a unique identity and greater pricing flexibility in exchange for greater accountability.
    Someone should have proposed something like that years ago!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    25757

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    My understanding is that Shepherd is able to successfully recruit with lesser scholarship numbers because of the way their tuition costs work. Bordering states are technically considered “in state.” Thus, a student from Maryland pays in state tuition to attend Shepherd.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Considering Shepherd's location, it practically IS in-state for Maryland.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    25757

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Assuming the linked schedule is correct, I may be making a trip to Shepherdstown on 11/2/19 (or possibly 11/16/19 if both IUP and Shepherd have outstanding seasons).

    FWIW, even though Shepherd is the second-closest D2 team (after Bowie State) to most of the DC metropolitan area, it is still over an hour away via car (and I live on the north side of DC).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,335
    Rep Power
    61098

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Not a difficult trip for most of PA, either. Only 10 miles of I-81 is in Maryland, and then it's just 10 miles off the first WV exit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Already in the works but unrelated to Shepherd. New chancellor is a disruptor. Goal is to give each campus more room to build a unique identity and greater pricing flexibility in exchange for greater accountability.
    As it should be.

    What may work for IUP and West Chester is not going to work for Clarion and Mansfield.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    Not a difficult trip for most of PA, either. Only 10 miles of I-81 is in Maryland, and then it's just 10 miles off the first WV exit.
    Hence why they are moving to the PSAC!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    3847

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    So to be clear, Shep will have to cut scholarships to join the PSAC because of the scholarship limits it has?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    98,177
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    So to be clear, Shep will have to cut scholarships to join the PSAC because of the scholarship limits it has?

    No. They just are not fully funded.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,518
    Rep Power
    70284

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by VulCanDoIt View Post
    So to be clear, Shep will have to cut scholarships to join the PSAC because of the scholarship limits it has?
    The PSAC no longer has a scholarship limit.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    638
    Rep Power
    64783

    Default Re: 2019 PSAC Schedule Update with Shepherd Listed

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Hopefully BoatCapt or someone from the MEC forum would share that info. But I do know they are no where near a fully funded program.
    The last heard, (about 2 years ago so really not up to date) we were around 22 or so. Unless there's been a major lottery winner donating recently, we have been no where near fully funded.

    And that's the problem with when Shep (& SR1 for that matter)have gone up against the big boys in the playoffs, you just can't matchup with the offensive/defensive lines in the quality & depth without the additional schollies.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •