Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: SRU at IUP

Default SRU at IUP

What is always a big game is now really a big game.

SRU is one botched victory formation (still odd to say) from being undefeated.

Lots of storylines heading in to this week.

Default Re: SRU at IUP

Let the hate flow!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Let the hate flow!!!!
    How much hate can there be?? IUP's football coach is a graduate of Slippery Rock and majored in Physical Education.

Quote Originally Posted by SRU 88 View Post
    How much hate can there be?? IUP's football coach is a graduate of Slippery Rock and majored in Physical Education.
    I'm really not entirely sure, but I'd bet that somewhere along the line at IUP, his Dr. Evil Stepford Wives control chip was removed and he went through some pretty intense IUP indoctrination and SRU deprogramming.

I now feel IUP has been exposed...

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    I now feel IUP has been exposed...
    I don't know, maybe the fans were being a bit unrealistic. The Cal game was easily winnable. The big question is will the team get mad, fix some of the issues, and play better against SRU, or will they fold like in 2013 after the unexpected loss to Rock ? gut check time.

Well played, Sir.

Pretty telling he’s been at IUP since the mid 90’s. We all make youthful mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Well played, Sir.

Your coach is from Indiana.

Speaking for myself and the guys I attend games with, there is plenty of hate. I was on the field Nov. 9, 2002. I'm sure most/all of you know what happened that day. C~ya'll Saturday.
    Last edited by Dozsa2; 09-30-2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Speaking for myself and the guys I attend games with, there is plenty of hate. I was on the field Nov. 9, 2002. I'm sure most/all of you know what happened on that day. C~ya'll Saturday.
    So dancing on the field at Miller is different than dancing on that dumb rock?

How about when Dr. Jackass wouldn't take his team off the field for the band to perform? That earned a playoff dance on that same rock.

Takes two to tango.

Two years ago IUP dropped the game at Cal and had all kinds of questions heading into the homecoming showdown with Rock, especially after Lenny got dinged. They put together a really good game and used the win to propel down the stretch, and into the playoffs. Seems like a similar scenario this year.

Here’s a chance for IUP to respond to some adversity after the first regular season loss in some time. It’s hard to go undefeated, especially two years in a row. The loser of this one is likely not going to make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    So dancing on the field at Miller is different than dancing on that dumb rock?

How about when Dr. Jackass wouldn't take his team off the field for the band to perform? That earned a playoff dance on that same rock.

Takes two to tango.
    Completely agree. The feelings are mutual. That's what makes it the best rivalry in the PSAC, IMO

Completely agree. The feelings are mutual. That's what makes it the best rivalry in the PSAC, IMO
    You think IUP is a more fierce rival than Cal recently? Cal and SRU absolutely do not like eachother

Quote Originally Posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
    Two years ago IUP dropped the game at Cal and had all kinds of questions heading into the homecoming showdown with Rock, especially after Lenny got dinged. They put together a really good game and used the win to propel down the stretch, and into the playoffs. Seems like a similar scenario this year.

Here’s a chance for IUP to respond to some adversity after the first regular season loss in some time. It’s hard to go undefeated, especially two years in a row. The loser of this one is likely not going to make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To me, IUP remains the clear favorite in this game. Until Lutz proves he can consistently beat teams not named Gannon, Mercyhurst or Seton Hill, I will continue to expect the worst when we play quality opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    You think IUP is a more fierce rival than Cal recently? Cal and SRU absolutely do not like eachother
    To our group, yes, IUP is a bigger rival than Cal. Guys who have played more recently might dislike Cal more, but when I was there, Cal was really bad.
    Last edited by Dozsa2; 09-30-2018 at 08:45 PM.

To our group, yes, IUP is a bigger rival than Cal. Guys who have played more recently might dislike Cal more, but when I was there, Cal was really bad.

While still a 'rivalry' game, it's been pretty cordial as of late. It's certainly not at the hatred level of the 1990s and early 2000s. The peak of the 'hatred' was when the current players were in diapers (or not even born).

I tend to think it's us who lived it who still push the rivalry thing and the current players follow along.

Those were much different times. Two powerful head coaches. IUP was in its 'bad boy' era. Dr. Evil spoke to the media as if he was running a Sunday School program.

Now, I do agree with you the 'second' IUP rock dance was bush league. The first one, after the playoff game, SRU had coming.

My personal favorite game in the series was (forgive my memory) I believe in 2000 (the night game at IUP). It was a thriller and IUP won late when Tink Stennent broke free on a long run. That was the largest crowd I can remember ever seeing at Miller Stadium. Every seat was filled on both sides and the entire fence (whole way around) was lined. That was the 'loudest' moment I've every heard at an IUP game.

Of course, I also remember the 'Hail Mary' SRU win up at your place.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
    As I stated before Cal/ IUP Respected Rivalry. IUP/Rock Hated rivalry. SRU my guess most hated team in West the way they carry themselves and jack ass coach who is borderline wacko on sideline. Although after seeing the refs Sat at CAL I will no longer begrudge him for roasting PSAC refs because they are BRUTAL....Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    While still a 'rivalry' game, it's been pretty cordial as of late. It's certainly not at the hatred level of the 1990s and early 2000s. The peak of the 'hatred' was when the current players were in diapers (or not even born).

I tend to think it's us who lived it who still push the rivalry thing and the current players follow along.

Those were much different times. Two powerful head coaches. IUP was in its 'bad boy' era. Dr. Evil spoke to the media as if he was running a Sunday School program.

Now, I do agree with you the 'second' IUP rock dance was bush league. The first one, after the playoff game, SRU had coming.

My personal favorite game in the series was (forgive my memory) I believe in 2000 (the night game at IUP). It was a thriller and IUP won late when Tink Stennent broke free on a long run. That was the largest crowd I can remember ever seeing at Miller Stadium. Every seat was filled on both sides and the entire fence (whole way around) was lined. That was the 'loudest' moment I've every heard at an IUP game.

Of course, I also remember the 'Hail Mary' SRU win up at your place.
    It's a post like this that makes me wish I went to IUP during that era. Still a great program. Still tons of history and success. It just would've been cool to have been around when all that really happened and got started.

I've followed IUP football since stepping foot on campus in the Fall of 2011. It makes me wonder what that "signature" moment was for me as it pertains to IUP football since I have been rooting.

The end of the 2012 Cal game and stands out as the most heartbreaking. Mike Box's pass being knocked away in the end zone on a 4th down play against Winston Salem State also stands out.

I think the biggest single moment or play I can remember is a play against Shepherd in that 2012 playoff game. Midway through the 4th quarter. IUP was up I believe 17-14. Shepherd was driving and was near the red zone deep in IUP territory. The Shepherd quarterback threw off play action and had a tight end open. Carl Flemming stepped in front of the pass and ran it back for a pick-6. That was memorable and certainly stands out. IUP went on to win 24-14.

While of much less significance, I remember that night game against Bloomsburg my freshman year. It was a Thursday night and Bloom was a top 5 team. That game was on national television. I remember Jerrell McFadden running back a kick in the 1st quarter. The energy was electric. It was my first real taste of IUP football. I was hooked on that night even in a loss.

AFCA Division II Coaches' Top 25 (10/1)

1. Minnesota State-Mankato (28) (5-0)
    2. Grand Valley State (1) (5-0)
    3. Ferris State (4) (5-0)
    4. Midwestern State (5-0)
    5. West Georgia (5-0)
    6. Ouachita Baptist (5-0)
    7. Minnesota-Duluth (5-0)
    8. Pittsburg State (5-0)
    9. Texas A&M-Commerce (4-1)
    10. Valdosta State (5-0)
    11. West Florida (4-1)
    12. Colorado School of Mines (5-0)
    13. West Chester (5-0)
    14. Indiana (PA) (4-1)

15. Colorado State-Pueblo (4-1)
    16. Northwest Missouri State (4-1)
    17. Southern Arkansas (5-0)
    18. Fort Hays State (4-1)
    19. Harding (4-1)
    20. Notre Dame (5-0)
    21. Tarleton State (4-0)
    22. Indianapolis (3-1)
    23. Kutztown (4-0)
    24. Azusa Pacific (4-1)
    25. Central Washington (3-2)

Dropped Out
    West Alabama (#21), Colorado Mesa (#24)

Others Receiving Votes
    Sioux Falls, Tiffin, Ohio Dominican, Saginaw Valley State, LIU-Post, Lenoir-Rhyne, Chadron State, West Texas A&M, Bowie State, Central Missouri, Davenport, Florida Tech, Hillsdale, West Alabama, Colorado Mesa, Charleston, Morehouse, Virginia Union

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast