Thread: Lindenwood at UNK

Contribute to D2

Default Lindenwood at UNK

Let's fire it up!
    Cool Story Bro

Default Re: Lindenwood at UNK

Don’t even want a day to stew?

Not sure what to think about this one. UNK is big and good up front. Elwood has lots of speed on offense.

I think Lindenwood pulls this one out, but I believe it will be high scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Don’t even want a day to stew?
    Nah....less frustrated with this loss than ones in the past. We are making improvements and closing the gap. Stugart will have this team competing at a high level sooner than later.
    Cool Story Bro

This is a game, that in order for UNK to make the next step in their evolution as a program, is an absolute “must win” for them. That being said I am sure LWood views it pretty much the same.

I expect a very close and competitive game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With NW, FHSU, UCM, and MW still on our schedule, we have to find a way to win this. Hoping the defense can hold up to the punishing run game UNK brings.

Hoping the UNK offense takes over and dominates the time of possession. The defense is capable of holding their own and needs to against the speed of the Lions. Either way going to be a competitive game that I hope UNK pulls out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal View Post
    Hoping the UNK offense takes over and dominates the time of possession. The defense is capable of holding their own and needs to against the speed of the Lions. Either way going to be a competitive game that I hope UNK pulls out in the end.
    Brister has simply gotten better and better every game. UNK defense will be a pretty tough test though. Hoping our receivers can get a little more room than they had at Pitt last week. Our OL actually played decent considering they didn't give up any sacks to Pitt's actually DL (4 sacks came from blitzing LBs and secondary).

You hit the nail on the head on where this game will hinge likely... if LU's defense can get off the field on 3rd and 5 or less, which UNK's offense will likely be able to set up pretty consistently. If UNK can average 2-3 of those conversions a drive, it will be a long day and a tired defense by the end of the game. Brister may not get the ball enough to be much of a factor.

Defense HAS to man up and lead this team this week!
    Cool Story Bro

Sacks came from
    1LB, 1DB, 2 different DT's

DE's got pressure with sleeves ripped off jerseys and all. Brister is just slippery and smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Sacks came from
    1LB, 1DB, 2 different DT's
    I missed the DTs... I thought they were LBs too.
    Cool Story Bro

DE's got pressure with sleeves ripped off jerseys and all. Brister is just slippery and smart.
    Yes he is... don't get me started on the holding/lack of calls/calls/officiating.... it was awful all around. Sucks because with such a close game, you never know how those calls affected the outcome. That sack/fumble could've been huge for momentum.
    Cool Story Bro

Quote Originally Posted by bigsig50 View Post
    Yes he is... don't get me started on the holding/lack of calls/calls/officiating.... it was awful all around. Sucks because with such a close game, you never know how those calls affected the outcome. That sack/fumble could've been huge for momentum.
    Or the Clear defensive PI that they called on the offense instead.

Reading PO game threads from last year, the teams from other parts of the country who drew MIAA refs were amazed at just how awful they were.

Or the Clear defensive PI that they called on the offense instead.
    Dude trust me... I agree. I was as surprised as you.

Btw... the late hit by Cam Sanders out of bounds.... complete crap. I have no idea how the Field judge missed it because you can see it happen right in front of him, he got 2 hand shoved right in the back and ran into the guy out of bounds.
    Cool Story Bro

17. Default Re: Lindenwood at UNK

Reading PO game threads from last year, the teams from other parts of the country who drew MIAA refs were amazed at just how awful they were.
    A couple of weeks ago, Beck made an interesting comment on his radio show about this--he claimed that the MIAA loses good refs to higher level football at an alarming rate--he said that a lot of the Big 12 refs are basically MIAA-trained referees. I think he was trying to say nice things about the officials and the way the conference runs officiating, but the necessary corollary to what he said is basically, "And we get left with just the guys who can't make the grade and the guys who are completely new to college officiating."

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaBred View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, Beck made an interesting comment on his radio show about this--he claimed that the MIAA loses good refs to higher level football at an alarming rate--he said that a lot of the Big 12 refs are basically MIAA-trained referees. I think he was trying to say nice things about the officials and the way the conference runs officiating, but the necessary corollary to what he said is basically, "And we get left with just the guys who can't make the grade and the guys who are completely new to college officiating."
    Yeah I heard it. He basically said the Peter principle is in effect with MIAA refs.

Neibling is the worst, and that is who reffed the Elwood game.