Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

Contribute to D2

Default GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

GVSU comes into the game 5-0 while the Dixie State TrailBlazers enter the game 4-1 - this will be the teams first meeting

DIXIE STATE TRAILBLAZERS RECORD:
    SAT 9/1/2018 6 P.M. - AWAY
    RMAC
    #14 COLORADO STATE-PUEBLO
    L 14-56

SAT 9/8/2018 6 P.M. - HOME
    RMAC
    FORT LEWIS
    W 31-3

SAT 9/15/2018 6 P.M. - HOME
    RMAC
    NEW MEXICO HIGHLANDS
    W 28-23

SAT 9/22/2018 6 P.M. - HOME
    RMAC
    SOUTH DAKOTA MINES
    W 51-47

SAT 9/29/2018 1 P.M. - AWAY
    RMAC
    BLACK HILLS STATE
    W 41-38

GVSU LAKERS SCHEDULE:
    THU AUG 30, 2018 7 PM - HOME
    INDIANAPOLIS
    W 30-7

SAT SEP 8, 2018 7:00 PM (ET) - AWAY
    DELTA STATE
    W 21-10

SAT SEP 15, 2018 1 PM - AWAY
    GLIAC
    NORTHERN MICHIGAN
    W 47-14

SAT SEP 22, 2018 7 PM - HOME
    GLIAC
    MICHIGAN TECH
    W 45-20

SAT SEP 29, 2018 1 PM - AWAY
    GLIAC
    NORTHWOOD
    W 52-7
    Last edited by BillyGV; 09-29-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Default Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

I didn't realize they were 4-1... that's huge for sos

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    Yes it is - watched the 2nd half of their game this weekend and they tried to give it away - if GV plays their game they should go 6-0

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)

Quote Originally Posted by dvaara View Post
    It is, though they are playing their bottom feeders so far. Too bad Delta is so messed up this season. At least Delta was in the game this last week, but they're still wearing that doughnut.

Dixie State was a doormat in the GNAC. They changed to the RMAC and have winning seasons.

GV by 24

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    It is, though they are playing their bottom feeders so far. Too bad Delta is so messed up this season. At least Delta was in the game this last week, but they're still wearing that doughnut.
    yes, its a shame - they lost their first one on the road and then came back for their first home game fired up to win and beat the bad guys from the north - they didn't - they went back on the road and it has gone down hill from there - they are a quality program and they will get it turned around - just in time to come visit us at Lubbers next year - they will be the first visiting team to be in the renovated and expanded football center - I think

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Dixie State was a doormat in the GNAC. They changed to the RMAC and have winning seasons.

GV by 24
    from what I saw of Dixie's game yesterday, as I said, if GV plays its game they will be 6-0

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGV View Post
    yes, its a shame - they lost their first one on the road and then came back for their first home game fired up to win and beat the bad guys from the north - they didn't - they went back on the road and it has gone down hill from there - they are a quality program and they will get it turned around - just in time to come visit us at Lubbers next year - they will be the first visiting team to be in the renovated and expanded football center - I think
    I think you're right. I thought maybe Edinoboro had that opening slot, but I think they're here on the 7th.

Pueblo ran for nearly 500 yards against Dixie.

This one is going to be ugly.

As for SOS, they still play CO Mines, Chadron, and Mesa. They could possibly win 2 of those 3 but they'd be considered upsets no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Pueblo ran for nearly 500 yards against Dixie.

This one is going to be ugly.

As for SOS, they still play CO Mines, Chadron, and Mesa. They could possibly win 2 of those 3 but they'd be considered upsets no doubt.
    we need them to be at least .500 - get points for that

11. Default Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

Would we be better off having a tougher game with Dixie to prepare us for Farris?

It makes no difference, next week is "Ferris Week". The guys will be ready, they know what is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
    Would we be better off having a tougher game with Dixie to prepare us for Farris?
    I'm not even sure I understand the question...

14. Default Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

At this point in the season, the boys don’t need a tough game to get ready for Ferris. They’ve already faced some mild adversity. The offense appears to be gelling really nicely and everyone will be “up” for the game. I’m hoping this is a laugher and we can get the starters out early without any injuries. Never good idea to overlook and opponent but not like I’m playing. Can’t wait for Oct 13th!

15. Default Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

Quote Originally Posted by Irishlaker View Post
    I'm not even sure I understand the question...
    Would a tougher game this week help GV be better prepared for a close game with Ferris

Regardless to the quality (poor) of the opposition, Dixie has put points up on the board. From what I heard, they are a big gambling big strike team. And since they have a mobile QB (at least I think they do) I suspect this might indeed be a good game to proceed XSU. There is a slight fear of this being a trap game, but being at home should be able to push that aside fairly quickly. Like most teams, GV has a few nicks going in (Fish??) so hear's hoping that those with them can get through and new ones aren't added to it. Heck, Mitch kept mentioning Bart in the post game. Hoping he's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    Regardless to the quality (poor) of the opposition, Dixie has put points up on the board. From what I heard, they are a big gambling big strike team. And since they have a mobile QB (at least I think they do) I suspect this might indeed be a good game to proceed XSU. There is a slight fear of this being a trap game, but being at home should be able to push that aside fairly quickly. Like most teams, GV has a few nicks going in (Fish??) so hear's hoping that those with them can get through and new ones aren't added to it. Heck, Mitch kept mentioning Bart in the post game. Hoping he's good to go.
    I think being homecoming will help in avoiding it being a "trap" game. Hoping the team will be pumped up and ready to go with a huge crowd there. I can't wait to see what next week's crowd is going to be like, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
    Would a tougher game this week help GV be better prepared for a close game with Ferris
    Still don't understand it. We have played a handful of tough teams already that have tested us in different ways. Indy is decent, DSU we faced a ton of adversity during that week and their D has some similarities to Dixie, and Tech throws it a bunch. The idea that we need a "tougher game" doesn't make sense to me.

Beyond that, it's Ferris...if we need a certain type of game ahead of them to be better prepared, God help us. Like oddzon says...it's Ferris Week.
    That will have everyone's attention, I assure you.

On top of all of that, the question/point is moot anyway...it's not like the schedule can be changed. I guess that's a big part of why I don't even get the question...it's a question that, even if we all agreed "yes", couldn't be acted upon anyway.

There are NO other tough teams to play - GV and Xerris are the top two teams and only Assland is near them - and NO, I would not want to play Assland the week before Xerris - that would not be good, so here we are - and as someone else said, we can't do anything about it anyway - can't wait to fly up to see this game - Go Lakers

20. Default Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    I think being homecoming will help in avoiding it being a "trap" game. Hoping the team will be pumped up and ready to go with a huge crowd there. I can't wait to see what next week's crowd is going to be like, though.
    I hope next weekend sets a new record. I bought seats on the “away side” and almost half of that entire side was already sold. I’m assuming Ferris is bussing in a couple loads of students, which would be awesome. The home playoff game against hillsdale around 2009, when Hillsdale brought in hundreds of loud students, was one of the best Lubbers environments I remember (especially since we absolutely blew them out)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast