Thread: Week 5 Blog is up

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Week 5 Blog is up

More upsets in an already wild year, and we are only 4 games in. Might see some more this week, too. Obviously, it's still early, but the league probably isn't ready for the playoffs yet.

http://www.d2messageboard.com/entry.php?b=2255

Default Re: Week 5 Blog is up

Could have shown UCO more love. Half that recap was a love letter to old NW teams. I hope Jimbo breaks out the pitchforks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Could have shown UCO more love. Half that recap was a love letter to old NW teams. I hope Jimbo breaks out the pitchforks
    The only part of the recap that wasn’t about giving UCO credit was the part about not counting NW out just yet. The Bronchos did something pretty special last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    The only part of the recap that wasn’t about giving UCO credit was the part about not counting NW out just yet. The Bronchos did something pretty special last week.
    Northwest Missouri State 21
    Central Oklahoma 31

Unquestionably, this was the big shocker around D2 nation this past weekend. I don’t believe it was nearly as big of a shock to those of us that follow this league closely, but it was still a very big upset nonetheless. The Bearcats just have not lost many games to teams with losing records (at the time of the game), and this was just their second loss to one of the “new” teams in the league (the 2017 loss to FHSU being the other). Of course, it bears mentioning that both of those losses have come in the program’s last seven games, and it is pretty clear that the Bearcats are not the dominant force they were from 2013-2016 (where their only regular season loss was the infamous “sky kick game” vs PSU in 2014). To write the Bearcats off is probably a bit premature, though. Adam Dorrell lost 3 games in each of his first two years before going on the aforementioned 55-2 run (the other loss being to UMD in the 2014 playoffs). Still, in this game, none of that mattered to the Bronchos, who harassed NWMSU freshman QB Braden Wright into some freshman mistakes, and UCO quarterback Chandler Garrett had a good day, throwing for 274 yards and four touchdowns while adding another 59 on the ground. His final touchdown pass was a 72 yard bomb down the left sideline to a wide open Dustin Basks that put the Bronchos up 28-3 late in the third quarter. That finally seemed to wake up the Bearcat offense, but the 18-3 point differential they levied in the fourth quarter was far too little and way too late. The Bronchos got their first win against the Bearcats, and have now beaten every team in the league as members of the MIAA in improving to 2-2 after an 0-2 start.

Almost half the recap on irrelevant info. We get it Adam was Wright as HC, and Rich has been Wrong for NW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Ian, great product. I appreciate the time you take to put these together weekly. Keep it up.

Second!

Yeah. Good stuff.

Start times set up well for people to see multiple games if watching from home.

Blog Entries

Central Oklahoma 31

Unquestionably, this was the big shocker around D2 nation this past weekend. I don’t believe it was nearly as big of a shock to those of us that follow this league closely, but it was still a very big upset nonetheless. The Bearcats just have not lost many games to teams with losing records (at the time of the game), and this was just their second loss to one of the “new” teams in the league (the 2017 loss to FHSU being the other). Of course, it bears mentioning that both of those losses have come in the program’s last seven games, and it is pretty clear that the Bearcats are not the dominant force they were from 2013-2016 (where their only regular season loss was the infamous “sky kick game” vs PSU in 2014). To write the Bearcats off is probably a bit premature, though. Adam Dorrell lost 3 games in each of his first two years before going on the aforementioned 55-2 run (the other loss being to UMD in the 2014 playoffs). Still, in this game, none of that mattered to the Bronchos, who harassed NWMSU freshman QB Braden Wright into some freshman mistakes, and UCO quarterback Chandler Garrett had a good day, throwing for 274 yards and four touchdowns while adding another 59 on the ground. His final touchdown pass was a 72 yard bomb down the left sideline to a wide open Dustin Basks that put the Bronchos up 28-3 late in the third quarter. That finally seemed to wake up the Bearcat offense, but the 18-3 point differential they levied in the fourth quarter was far too little and way too late. The Bronchos got their first win against the Bearcats, and have now beaten every team in the league as members of the MIAA in improving to 2-2 after an 0-2 start.

Almost half the recap on irrelevant info. We get it Adam was Wright as HC, and Rich has been Wrong for NW.
    The sentences directly before and after your highlighted part gives UCO all the credit in the world. Again, I do admit I could have put the part about writing off the Bearcats in a different part of the column...perhaps it would have been better in their preview for this week’s game. But the significance of UCO’s win can’t be understated, and that’s why I put the history in there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Start times set up well for people to see multiple games if watching from home.
    They do. Hopefully the streams work well for those that have it.

Central Oklahoma 31

Hookem his point was to give further validity to how rare and special a feat UCO pulled off. Maybe it could have been written slightly differently or placed elsewhere but that is quibbling over the last green bean at Thanksgiving. Although as much as Ian gets paid for this..... oh yea nevermind.

Dear lord. That's too many words for hookem.here, I'll show you a response that gives his comment the amount of time it deserves.

FU hookem.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Dear lord. That's too many words for hookem.here, I'll show you a response that gives his comment the amount of time it deserves.

FU hookem.
    I'd be intimidated if you were half the man your mother was

I'd be inseminated if my man was half the man my mother was
    Fixed it for you HT (HookemTurd)

We get it Adam was Wright as HC, and Rich has been Wrong for NW.
    The Poor and Wrong was pretty good last week and got 2 thumbs up for creativity. Borrowing it again this week? 2 thumbs down!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Fixed it for you HT (HookemTurd)
    This is nonsensical

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    The Poor and Wrong was pretty good last week and got 2 thumbs up for creativity. Borrowing it again this week? 2 thumbs down!
    You just keep your thumb out of your crack and well call it an improvement

You just keep your thumb out of your crack and well call it an improvement
    Talk about nonsensical!