Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

Default Re: 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

USI had a great weekend in Bellarmine that’s for sure.

Over the past 10 years I’ve come to realize that all Watson teams will crash and burn at the end of the season...therefore at best we squeak into the NCAA and are one and done.

Worst case scenario which USI fans are used to is one and done at the conference tournament and no bid but Wod will get his extension.

Default Re: 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfMafia View Post
    USI had a great weekend in Bellarmine that’s for sure.

Over the past 10 years I’ve come to realize that all Watson teams will crash and burn at the end of the season...therefore at best we squeak into the NCAA and are one and done.

Worst case scenario which USI fans are used to is one and done at the conference tournament and no bid but Wod will get his extension.
    You have every reason to be skeptical about USI's end of season prospects, but looking at the current team and the remainder of their schedule, there is room for optimism. Price is much better than expected and Little has come around in a very big way against good competition. Other than BU, USI may have the most formidable inside presence in the GLVC , coupled with legit POY candidate Stein, it is entirely possible that USI will be BU's main competition in the region. I will tell you that I am now rooting against USI in every game because I see them as a legitimate threat.

BTW, USI has a legit game Saturday (unlike BU) against King which is a good, not great, team. A solid win by USI will be a good indicator for things to come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12