Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Pace football.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,198
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Pace football.

    I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    20696

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?
    Doubtful. Pace hasn't had more than 3 wins in a season in a decade and hasn't had winning record in almost 20 years. Figure LIU Post is a loss, so that means they need to win 4 out of 5 from Stonehill, Bentley, So Connecticut, Merrimack and St Anselm. Just don't see it happening.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woodhaven NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Pace football.

    THey have the talent to beat All the teams left on there remainning Schedule except LIU POST. I do not see them lossing more than two games. I put there chances at 50 / 50 for a winning season.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Billerica, MA
    Posts
    2,391
    Blog Entries
    465
    Rep Power
    10971

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?
    If Pace wins Saturday, they will be in the same exact position as last year at the same point. 3-2 overall and 2-2 in the NE-10.

    They have the talent to win some games but they struggled in the second half last year. They need to figure that out this season and not become the doormat for the rest of the season.

    I think that they can win 2-3 more games this year and finish 5-5 overall. They are more talented than last year and have a QB capable of scoring everytime he touches the ball. The D is better but they need to clean up the penalties. They need to be disciplined and not shoot themselves in the foot like last Friday night.

    4-6 or 5-5 as their final record is a good season in my eyes for them.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by budman View Post
    THey have the talent to beat All the teams left on there remainning Schedule except LIU POST. I do not see them lossing more than two games. I put there chances at 50 / 50 for a winning season.
    If this is the case, then it should put Pace at 6-4?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lancaster, PA, formerly of Waterbury, CT
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Power
    19667

    Default Re: Pace football.

    It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woodhaven NY
    Posts
    70
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by cwfenn View Post
    It will be tough for them to get to 6. Their defense will need to be there for the entire 60 minutes. Bentley, SCSU, and Merrimack can beat them along with Post.
    Yes any of the teams above can beat them but Pace is much more athletic than all of them.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    20696

    Default Re: Pace football.

    I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    I stand corrected. Setters should easily take Merrimack and Saint Anselm. A win against Southern Connecticut would make them no worse than 7-3!
    Huh? Yeah ok. Whatever you say HC.
    Last edited by NewHaven Alum; 10-13-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    11001

    Default Re: Pace football.

    H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Billerica, MA
    Posts
    2,391
    Blog Entries
    465
    Rep Power
    10971

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by CWP '68 View Post
    H'mmm; next week's Post- Pace matchup suddenly looms large on the NE10 radar screen. The Pioneers had better not take this team lightly.
    It is a battle of top 4 teams.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    237

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    I was looking at Pace's remaining schedule and I thought the Setters chances of having a wining football season is actually good. What do ya'll thing?
    Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?

  13. Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?
    Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    489

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by harlancounty View Post
    Saturday is Senior day at Pace. This class has gone 1-10, 0-11, 3-7 and is now 5-3. A win at home clinches Pace's first winning season since 1999. Pace has never beaten Merrimack. I think the Setters have a great chance to exorcise some demons this weekend.
    What happened to the Aiken kid. He had 163 yards passing and 159 yards rushing vs Assumption. The next week he had 240 passing with 4 TD's versus Stonehill. Nothing after that. They could have had that elusive winning season wrapped up by now.

  15. Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaven Alum View Post
    Huh, this statement is becoming more and more realistic every week now, actually looking great. What do ya'll think?
    It's wild to think that Pace might end the season having the same record as Assumption does at 7-3. The three lost came in the hands of the three top teams in the conference. WOW.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Billerica, MA
    Posts
    2,391
    Blog Entries
    465
    Rep Power
    10971

    Default Re: Pace football.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chargers Nation View Post
    It's wild to think that Pace might end the season having the same record as Assumption does at 7-3. The three lost came in the hands of the three top teams in the conference. WOW.
    Pace has been solid this year. The D is good and the offense has been up and down depending on which QB is under center. They have played 3 of them thus far and Bien-Aime is a solid back.

    The future is bright for the Setters.

  17. Default Re: Pace football.

    Congrats to the Setters for the winning season. Hopefully Pace will
    compete for the conference title in the up coming years.

  18. Default Re: Pace football.

    Extremely happy and proud of these Setters, especially the Seniors. It is great to see so many positive Pace comments on this forum. I've been following the program since 2013. It's been very tough sledding to say the least. Many lop sided defeats but the kids never quit. Best of luck this coming week and in the future!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,164
    Rep Power
    20696

    Default Re: Pace football.

    As Paul said in his thoughts after last week, the "Setters were 7-85 over the past nine seasons". And we heard on this message board every year how things are getting better at Pace, but they just never did. So it comes as a pleasant surprise that it actually happened. After St Anselm, it should be as many wins in 2018 as the past 9 seasons combined. Incredible.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •